|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old man blame for Anowa's death?
2. Which of the following is not included in the things that Kofi Ako's slaves carry?
3. How many times throughout Phase two, is the suggestion of Kofi Ako taking another wife made?
4. The scene of the funeral procession is what type of ending, as intended by Aidoo?
5. What is it that keeps Anowa from returning to Yebi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aidoo often writes with some kind of political agenda. Provided what you know about Aidoo and the play, what type of political agenda is present within the story? Be sure to cite specific passages and clarify to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
By the end of the play, what conclusions can be drawn about the implications of following tribal conventions? Provide different perspectives for this answer, and give your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the subjugation of women is relevant in the case of the this story. Use in-text citations to support your reasoning.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)