|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old woman blame for the state of the marriage between Kofi Ako and Anowa?
2. By the middle of Phase two, how is the business of Anowa and Kofi Ako doing?
3. Badua believes that slavery _________________.
4. What is the lighting doing when the scene again focuses on Kofi Ako and Anowa?
5. Who seems particularly excited about Kofi Ako's arrival into town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of slavery present within the play, as well as the duality that slavery represents for multiple characters.
Essay Topic 2
Why is it that Badua feels a strong need for her daughter to marry, a man of her choosing?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Aidoo choose to involve the tribe elders in the story? What do they contribute? What points arise in their commentary?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)