|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anowa commit suicide?
2. What is it that keeps Anowa from returning to Yebi?
3. What is Anowa's view on being a housewife?
4. What is the ultimate cause of Anowa's decision to commit suicide?
5. Where does Phase two take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Men appear to be more sympathetic to Anowa's situation even from the very beginning, which men are perceived as being more sympathetic? And why is the sympathetic nature of these particular men fueled by, especially in regard to Anowa?
Essay Topic 2
By the end of the play, what conclusions can be drawn about the implications of following tribal conventions? Provide different perspectives for this answer, and give your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
By the end of the story, have the feelings of Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper change? Why or why not? What does this change or lack of change represent?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)