|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kofi Ako wish, in regard to Anowa, during his self discussion?
2. What is heard from offstage in Phase three?
3. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako in Phase three?
4. Which of Anowa's family members are most present throughout this monologue?
5. Who does Osam reveal he is afrain of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the subjugation of women is relevant in the case of the this story. Use in-text citations to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
How is Kofi Ako's character deceiving? What is it that Kofi Ako embodies and how does he differ from the embodiment that is, Anowa?
Essay Topic 3
Given Anowa's refusal to marry a man who is chosen for her, what is said about the values placed on love within the confines of the story?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)