|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old woman say about the business of slavery?
2. Whom does the old woman think is the root of a problem like Anowa?
3. What type of effect does Anowa's behavior have on her marriage with Kofi Ako?
4. What prediction does the Old woman make in regard to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
5. Who does Osam reveal he is afrain of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the subjugation of women is relevant in the case of the this story. Use in-text citations to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Aidoo often writes with some kind of political agenda. Provided what you know about Aidoo and the play, what type of political agenda is present within the story? Be sure to cite specific passages and clarify to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
What historical/cultural implications can be drawn about the Ghana area, as described throughout the play? How do these implications apply to the events within the story?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)