|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Kofi Ako use to describe Anowa's body?
2. In Phase three, the statement is made that Kofi Ako is afraid of what?
3. Whom does the old woman think is the root of a problem like Anowa?
4. What is Anowa doing in Phase two, while Kofi Ako talks to himself?
5. By the middle of Phase two, how is the business of Anowa and Kofi Ako doing?
Essay Topic 1
How is Anowa introduced to the reader? Is she presented in a negative light? Positive light? Is there any foreshadowing in her introduction?
Essay Topic 2
Differences are things that occur in everyday life. How are differences, or things of unusual nature, perceived by the people of the Yebi village? Given the authors prologue and direction of the story, do you consider the author to be tolerant of things that are different? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is the importance of tribe elders established, even in the prologue of the story?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)