|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kofi Ako react to Anowa's suggestion in Phase two?
2. What suggestion does Anowa make at the beginning of Phase two to Kofi Ako?
3. Where does Phase three take place?
4. As reported by the old man, how many slaves does Kofi Ako decide to buy?
5. Who does the old woman blame for Kofi's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aidoo often writes with some kind of political agenda. Provided what you know about Aidoo and the play, what type of political agenda is present within the story? Be sure to cite specific passages and clarify to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Anowa is referred to as a feminist.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the subjugation of women is relevant in the case of the this story. Use in-text citations to support your reasoning.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)