|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Phase three, the statement is made that Kofi Ako is afraid of what?
2. According to Phase two of the text, which word best describes how Anowa is feeling at the beginning of the phase?
3. Who does the old man blame for Anowa's death?
4. The scene of the funeral procession is what type of ending, as intended by Aidoo?
5. What is Anowa unable to do by the end of Phase two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Men appear to be more sympathetic to Anowa's situation even from the very beginning, which men are perceived as being more sympathetic? And why is the sympathetic nature of these particular men fueled by, especially in regard to Anowa?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the subjugation of women is relevant in the case of the this story. Use in-text citations to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Aidoo often writes with some kind of political agenda. Provided what you know about Aidoo and the play, what type of political agenda is present within the story? Be sure to cite specific passages and clarify to support your reasoning.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)