|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years pass when the scene is focused again on Kofi Ako and Anowa?
2. Who is the wealthiest man in the region by Phase three?
3. Who enters Anowa's home in Phase three, and begins to discuss the relationship of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
4. The ending provided by Aidoo, is a traditional literary form of expression, a _____________ tale.
5. Who does the old man blame for Anowa's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of slavery present within the play, as well as the duality that slavery represents for multiple characters.
Essay Topic 2
How is the importance of tribe elders established, even in the prologue of the story?
Essay Topic 3
How do those around Anowa, contribute to the tragic events of her life? How can these tragedies be prevented?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)