|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of this word: Panyin-Na-Kakra, as used in commentary in Phase three?
2. What is heard from offstage in Phase three?
3. What prediction does the Old woman make in regard to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
4. What is Anowa's view on being a housewife?
5. The old man states that there must be something _________________about slavery.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Kofi Ako's character deceiving? What is it that Kofi Ako embodies and how does he differ from the embodiment that is, Anowa?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it that Badua feels a strong need for her daughter to marry, a man of her choosing?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the male-female relationship present throughout the play? What does Aidoo use this relationship to represent? Explain.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)