|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the issue of slavery do to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
2. What word does Kofi Ako use to describe Anowa's body?
3. During a confrontation in Phase three, what does Kofi Ako tell Anowa he provides for her in the end?
4. Who is the funeral procession headed by?
5. What type of effect does Anowa's behavior have on her marriage with Kofi Ako?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Aidoo choose to involve the tribe elders in the story? What do they contribute? What points arise in their commentary?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Anowa is referred to as a feminist.
Essay Topic 3
How is Kofi Ako's character deceiving? What is it that Kofi Ako embodies and how does he differ from the embodiment that is, Anowa?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)