|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Phase three take place?
2. What does Anowa do as the lights begin to dim?
3. The moral of the story of Anowa deals primarily with _______________.
4. What is the ultimate cause of Anowa's decision to commit suicide?
5. How does Kofi Ako travel into town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the subjugation of women is relevant in the case of the this story. Use in-text citations to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Given Anowa's refusal to marry a man who is chosen for her, what is said about the values placed on love within the confines of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What circumstances improve the relationship that Anowa has with Badua and Osam? How do they contribute to its destruction?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)