|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's suggestion in Phase two?
2. What does the old man say about the relationship between man and wife?
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of Phase two?
4. What does Osam dissuade Badua from doing in Phase two?
5. Who is the wealthiest man in the region by Phase three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anowa's character is clearly a vehicle for a different kind of thinking. Which way of thinking is represented with Anowa's character? And what is the purpose for presenting this way of thinking as such?
Essay Topic 2
By the end of the play, what conclusions can be drawn about the implications of following tribal conventions? Provide different perspectives for this answer, and give your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
How is Anowa introduced to the reader? Is she presented in a negative light? Positive light? Is there any foreshadowing in her introduction?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)