|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in the things that Kofi Ako's slaves carry?
2. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's suggestion, regarding her lifestyle in Phase three?
3. Which of Anowa's family members are most present throughout this monologue?
4. What suggestion does Anowa make at the beginning of Phase two to Kofi Ako?
5. Anowa is told to do what with these memories, present in her monologue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What historical/cultural implications can be drawn about the Ghana area, as described throughout the play? How do these implications apply to the events within the story?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it that Badua feels a strong need for her daughter to marry, a man of her choosing?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the male-female relationship present throughout the play? What does Aidoo use this relationship to represent? Explain.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)