|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anowa unable to do by the end of Phase two?
2. How many years pass by Phase two?
3. What type of effect does Anowa's behavior have on her marriage with Kofi Ako?
4. What does Kofi Ako wish, in regard to Anowa, during his self discussion?
5. Anowa's monologue recalls memories about the arrival of whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
By the end of the play, what conclusions can be drawn about the implications of following tribal conventions? Provide different perspectives for this answer, and give your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the male-female relationship present throughout the play? What does Aidoo use this relationship to represent? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Anowa is referred to as a feminist.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)