|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anowa's chief concern at the beginning of Phase two is _______.
2. What is Anowa doing in Phase two, while Kofi Ako talks to himself?
3. As stated in Phase three, the old man does not ___________ Anowa.
4. What type of business do Anowa and Kofi Ako start?
5. Which of Anowa's family members are most present throughout this monologue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What historical/cultural implications can be drawn about the Ghana area, as described throughout the play? How do these implications apply to the events within the story?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it that Badua feels a strong need for her daughter to marry, a man of her choosing?
Essay Topic 3
Differences are things that occur in everyday life. How are differences, or things of unusual nature, perceived by the people of the Yebi village? Given the authors prologue and direction of the story, do you consider the author to be tolerant of things that are different? Why or why not?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)