|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old woman blame for the state of the marriage between Kofi Ako and Anowa?
2. Anowa begins a monologue regarding an incident that occurs when she is what age?
3. By the middle of Phase two, how is the business of Anowa and Kofi Ako doing?
4. What is it that keeps Anowa from returning to Yebi?
5. How many years pass when the scene is focused again on Kofi Ako and Anowa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anowa's character is clearly a vehicle for a different kind of thinking. Which way of thinking is represented with Anowa's character? And what is the purpose for presenting this way of thinking as such?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of slavery present within the play, as well as the duality that slavery represents for multiple characters.
Essay Topic 3
By the end of the story, have the feelings of Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper change? Why or why not? What does this change or lack of change represent?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)