|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kofi Ako suggest they do in order for Anowa to have some female companionship?
2. How does Kofi Ako react to Anowa's suggestion in Phase two?
3. Who does the old woman blame for the state of the marriage between Kofi Ako and Anowa?
4. How does Anowa commit suicide?
5. In Phase three, the statement is made that Kofi Ako is afraid of what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What historical/cultural implications can be drawn about the Ghana area, as described throughout the play? How do these implications apply to the events within the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does the weather mirror the mood of the scene, as can be seen throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
Men appear to be more sympathetic to Anowa's situation even from the very beginning, which men are perceived as being more sympathetic? And why is the sympathetic nature of these particular men fueled by, especially in regard to Anowa?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)