|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anowa's monologue recalls memories about the arrival of whom?
2. What type of footwear does Anowa wear?
3. What is the ultimate cause of Kofi Ako's decision to commit suicide?
4. The scene of the funeral procession is what type of ending, as intended by Aidoo?
5. What does the issue of slavery do to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What circumstances improve the relationship that Anowa has with Badua and Osam? How do they contribute to its destruction?
Essay Topic 2
By the end of the story, have the feelings of Being-The-Mouth-That-Eats-Salt-And-Pepper change? Why or why not? What does this change or lack of change represent?
Essay Topic 3
How is the importance of tribe elders established, even in the prologue of the story?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)