|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of effect does Anowa's behavior have on her marriage with Kofi Ako?
2. As reported by the old man, how many slaves does Kofi Ako decide to buy?
3. Whom does Anowa begin talking to during her breakdown in Phase three?
4. In Phase three, the statement is made that Kofi Ako is afraid of what?
5. What is heard from offstage in Phase three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of slavery present within the play, as well as the duality that slavery represents for multiple characters.
Essay Topic 2
Anowa's character is clearly a vehicle for a different kind of thinking. Which way of thinking is represented with Anowa's character? And what is the purpose for presenting this way of thinking as such?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it that Badua feels a strong need for her daughter to marry, a man of her choosing?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)