|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Osam reveal he is afrain of?
2. As stated in Phase three, it is many years since Kofi Ako and Anowa _________.
3. How many years pass by Phase two?
4. What does the old woman say about the business of slavery?
5. What prediction does the Old woman make in regard to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
Essay Topic 1
Differences are things that occur in everyday life. How are differences, or things of unusual nature, perceived by the people of the Yebi village? Given the authors prologue and direction of the story, do you consider the author to be tolerant of things that are different? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What historical/cultural implications can be drawn about the Ghana area, as described throughout the play? How do these implications apply to the events within the story?
Essay Topic 3
How is Anowa introduced to the reader? Is she presented in a negative light? Positive light? Is there any foreshadowing in her introduction?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)