|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ultimate cause of Kofi Ako's decision to commit suicide?
2. In Phase three, the statement is made that Kofi Ako is afraid of what?
3. What word does Kofi Ako use to describe Anowa's body?
4. What type of effect does Anowa's behavior have on her marriage with Kofi Ako?
5. According to Kofi Ako in Phase two, Anowa's willfulness makes her what kind of person?
Essay Topic 1
How do those around Anowa, contribute to the tragic events of her life? How can these tragedies be prevented?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Aidoo choose to involve the tribe elders in the story? What do they contribute? What points arise in their commentary?
Essay Topic 3
Men appear to be more sympathetic to Anowa's situation even from the very beginning, which men are perceived as being more sympathetic? And why is the sympathetic nature of these particular men fueled by, especially in regard to Anowa?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)