|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business do Anowa and Kofi Ako start?
(c) The do not start a business.
(d) Animal trading.
2. According to Phase two of the text, which word best describes how Anowa is feeling at the beginning of the phase?
3. Who is the wealthiest man in the region by Phase three?
(b) A slave boy.
(c) Kofi Ako.
(d) The old man.
4. Who seems particularly excited about Kofi Ako's arrival into town?
(a) Young women.
(b) Kofi's mother and sister.
5. How does Kofi Ako react to Anowa's suggestion in Phase two?
(a) He cries loudly.
(b) He becomes Angry.
(c) He considers it.
(d) He smiles, relieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what style is Kofi Ako's house built?
2. Whom does Anowa begin talking to during her breakdown in Phase three?
3. What does the old man say about the relationship between man and wife?
4. As stated in Phase three, the old man does not ___________ Anowa.
5. What is revealed in the old man and woman's commentary, regarding Kofi's tendency to buy slaves?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)