|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anowa's view on being a housewife?
(a) She is not content to tend the home.
(b) She wishes she can be a good, normal wife.
(c) She dreams of a new home to care for.
(d) She believes it is beneath her.
2. What does the old woman call Anowa toward the end of Phase two?
3. Badua believes that slavery _________________.
(a) Is nothing she ever hears of.
(b) Is morally wrong.
(c) Is something that cannot be changed.
(d) Makes life easier.
4. What is Anowa carrying as she and Kofi Ako continue their trade in Phase two?
(a) A large bundle.
(b) Only one animal skin.
(c) A stick.
(d) A light bundle.
5. How is Anowa dressed in Phase three?
(a) She wears only a shabby dress.
(b) She is dressed in rich and luxurious fabrics.
(c) Her dress is not stated.
(d) She is dressed modestly but in new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of Phase two?
2. By the middle of Phase two, how is the business of Anowa and Kofi Ako doing?
3. What is the only thing Kofi Ako ever wants?
4. Who does the old woman blame for Kofi's death?
5. How does Kofi Ako travel into town?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)