|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kofi Ako wish, in regard to Anowa, during his self discussion?
(a) He wishes for a new wife.
(b) He wishes that she works harder.
(c) He wishes that she returns home.
(d) He wishes that she is like other wives.
2. What is Anowa doing in Phase two, while Kofi Ako talks to himself?
(b) Traveling to Yebi.
(d) Listening intently.
3. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's suggestion, regarding her lifestyle in Phase three?
(a) She leaves him.
(b) She is saddened.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She is insulted.
4. What does the old woman call Anowa toward the end of Phase two?
5. What is Anowa's view on being a housewife?
(a) She wishes she can be a good, normal wife.
(b) She believes it is beneath her.
(c) She is not content to tend the home.
(d) She dreams of a new home to care for.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Anowa's realization in Phase three, what is the community's assumption about Anowa?
2. According to Kofi Ako in Phase two, Anowa's willfulness makes her what kind of person?
3. What does the old woman say about the business of slavery?
4. The ending provided by Aidoo, is a traditional literary form of expression, a _____________ tale.
5. The old man states that there must be something _________________about slavery.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)