|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anowa see to be her biggest problem at this point in the play?
(a) That she does not see her mother and father in many years.
(b) That she is still childless.
(c) That she does not love her husband.
(d) That she does not become a high priestess.
2. Anowa's monologue recalls memories about the arrival of whom?
(a) White men.
(b) Her parents.
3. What is the only thing Kofi Ako ever wants?
(a) A child.
(b) A normal wife.
(d) Many wives.
4. What does the issue of slavery do to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) It allows them to spend more time together.
(b) It continues to divide them.
(c) It strengthens the marriage.
(d) It causes them to be grateful for the status of their lives.
5. What word does Kofi Ako use to describe Anowa's body?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old woman call Anowa toward the end of Phase two?
2. How does Anowa commit suicide?
3. Who does the old man blame for Anowa's death?
4. How many years pass when the scene is focused again on Kofi Ako and Anowa?
5. Anowa is told to do what with these memories, present in her monologue?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)