|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ultimate cause of Anowa's decision to commit suicide?
(a) She feels much guilt.
(b) She is miserable.
(c) She loses the man she loves.
(d) She has nowhere else to go.
2. Whom does the old woman think is the root of a problem like Anowa?
(b) Kofi Ako.
(d) The Yebi village.
3. What does Kofi Ako suggest they do in order for Anowa to have some female companionship?
(a) Buy female slaves.
(b) That she moves back in with Badua.
(c) That she tries to make some friends.
(d) That he takes another wife.
4. As reported by the old man, how many slaves does Kofi Ako decide to buy?
(a) Only one slave.
(b) He releases his slaves, by Anowa's wishes.
(c) Great quantities of slaves.
(d) A few slaves.
5. What is revealed in the old man and woman's commentary, regarding Kofi's tendency to buy slaves?
(a) He uses the slaves to replace children.
(b) He uses slaves to solve his financial problems.
(c) He is doing it as an attempt to please Anowa.
(d) He is too greedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion does Anowa make at the beginning of Phase two to Kofi Ako?
2. Which of the following is not included in the things that Kofi Ako's slaves carry?
3. What type of footwear does Anowa wear?
4. Who does the old man blame for Anowa's death?
5. What does the old woman say about the business of slavery?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)