|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kofi Ako react to Anowa's suggestion in Phase two?
(a) He becomes Angry.
(b) He smiles, relieved.
(c) He considers it.
(d) He cries loudly.
2. Anowa begins a monologue regarding an incident that occurs when she is what age?
3. Kofi Ako suggests to Anowa that she _________________, in Phase three.
(a) Have a child.
(c) Buy a new dress.
(d) Make some friends.
4. What is the ultimate cause of Kofi Ako's decision to commit suicide?
(a) He has nowhere else to go.
(b) He is miserable.
(d) Feelings of guilt
5. What does the old woman say about the business of slavery?
(a) She says nothing about it.
(b) That it is morally wrong.
(c) That it is necessary.
(d) That she does not understand it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anowa react to Kofi Ako's suggestion in Phase two?
2. The ending provided by Aidoo, is a traditional literary form of expression, a _____________ tale.
3. How does Anowa commit suicide?
4. Who is the wealthiest man in the region by Phase three?
5. Which of Anowa's family members are most present throughout this monologue?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)