|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prediction does the Old woman make in regard to the marriage of Kofi Ako and Anowa?
(a) That Kofi Ako kills Anowa.
(b) That Anowa crushes Kofi Ako.
(c) That he exercises his power over her.
(d) That they split up.
2. What is Kofi Ako's body and clothes adorned with?
(b) Dirt and stains.
3. Who offers up the lessons in the story?
(c) The old man.
(d) The old woman.
4. Who seems particularly excited about Kofi Ako's arrival into town?
(b) Kofi's mother and sister.
(c) Young women.
5. What is the ultimate cause of Anowa's decision to commit suicide?
(a) She is miserable.
(b) She feels much guilt.
(c) She loses the man she loves.
(d) She has nowhere else to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old man blame for Anowa's death?
2. What is the weather like at the beginning of Phase two?
3. What does Anowa realize about Kofi Ako in Phase three?
4. Anowa is told to do what with these memories, present in her monologue?
5. Where does Phase two take place?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)