|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees the tower first in 01:Initiation?
2. What does the first expedition report about Area X?
3. What are the biologist, surveyor and psychologist prepared with this time (in 02: Integration) that is different from the first time they entered the tunnel?
4. What did the killer do that made them responsible for the death of the corpse discovered in 02: Integration?
5. How many expeditions have been to Area X, including the one in 01:Initiation?
Short Essay Questions
1. After they discover the body of the anthropologist in 02: Integration, how does the biologist's view on the expedition change?
2. What does the anthropologist's body look like when the biologist finds her in the tunnel?
3. How does the psychologist explain the absence of the anthropologist in 02: Integration?
4. What new precaution does the psychologist announce in "Initiation," on the narrator's recommendation?
5. How do the members of the expedition celebrate after their first exploration of the structure made from coquina and stone?
6. What do the surveyor and biologist realize when they exit the tunnel in 02: Integration?
7. In "Initiation," what does the Biologist say happened to the members of the last expedition?
8. What does the biologist believe would happen if the expedition members were to immediately search for the anthropologist in 02: Integration?
9. How does the psychologist get the biologist and the surveyor to go into the tunnel without her In Integration?
10. What does the biologist notice about the psychologist in the initial conversation about the anthropologist's absence in 02: Integration?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the symbol of the Crawler. What does it represent to the biologist as well as its meaning within the text?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the mental stability of the narrator. Be sure to use examples of the narrator's past (including her marriage and childhood). Is she a mentally stable character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Define the term "foil" as it pertains to characters in a novel or story. Who is a foil to the biologist? Use evidence from the text and carefully explain why this selection was made.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)