|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the biologist do with the psychologist's gun and personal letter in 04: Immersion?
(a) She uses them to make a fire.
(b) She throws them both away.
(c) She keeps them for herself.
(d) She burns them.
2. What does the biologist pass on her way to the lighthouse in 03: Immolation?
(a) A field of deer.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A mass grave.
(d) An abandoned village.
3. What creature does the biologist encounter on her way back to basecamp in 04: Immersion?
(a) The creature responsible for the moaning sound.
(b) The Crawler.
(c) The dolphin with human eyes.
(d) The boar.
4. After being shot, what does the biologist realize she must do to keep the brightness in check?
(a) She must drink as much vinegar as her body can handle.
(b) She must avoid any movement or activity.
(c) She must continue to injure herself.
(d) She must stay shrouded in darkness.
5. What has been attached to the sides of the lighthouse?
(a) Hanging bodies.
(c) Shards of glass.
(d) Exterior motion lights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the biologist initially do with the item that she finds in the lighthouse?
2. What nickname did the biologist go by with her husband?
3. What reason does the psychologist give for sending the anthropologist down into the Tower?
4. What does the biologist discover on the piece of paper tucked into the psychologist's pants pocket?
5. What does the Southern Reach tell the people in the surrounding areas to explain Area X?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the biologist learn as she reads the surveyor's journal?
2. What does the biologist do after the psychologist dies?
3. What does the biologist reveal about the first expedition?
4. What does the biologist infer about the man whose face is circled in the picture she discovers in the lighthouse?
5. How do the words on the walls of the lighthouse differ from the words on the walls of the tower?
6. How does the "brightness" impact the biologist after she is shot?
7. Where does the biologist plan to go at the start of 03: Immolation?
8. What are some details that the biologist learns from the journals that she finds under the trap door in the lighthouse?
9. What does the biologist describe as her best field assignment?
10. What is one thing that the biologist and psychologist argue about while they are on the beach?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)