|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses the surveyor about the gear that the expedition was given?
(a) The gear seems to have a life of its own.
(b) The gear is all 50 years out of date.
(c) The gear is all covered with strange markings.
(d) The gear changes subtly overnight.
2. What does the surveyor do when they return to base camp in 01: Initiation?
(a) Adds detail to the maps.
(b) Goes hunting.
(c) Begins to cry.
(d) Hides in her tent.
3. What question keeps the narrator awake after she first discovers the tower in 01: Initiation?
(a) What lies hidden at its base?
(b) How old is it?
(c) Who built it?
(d) What is it for?
4. How many expeditions have been to Area X, including the one in 01:Initiation?
5. Who sees the tower first in 01:Initiation?
(a) The linguist.
(b) The biologist.
(c) The anthropologist.
(d) The psychologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel when she sees the psychologist use hypnosis?
2. What does the psychologist use hypnosis to keep the surveyor and anthropologist from doing?
3. What does the psychologist do when they return to base camp in 01: Initiation?
4. Where does the biologist expect to find the psychologist in 02: Integration?
5. What happened to the members of the third expedition sent to explore the area that the narrator's expedition explores?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the surveyor and biologist realize when they exit the tunnel in 02: Integration?
2. Why are the members of the expedition told not to share their journals with one another?
3. What do the biologist and the surveyor discover when they wake up at the beginning of 02: Integration?
4. What hypnotic commands does the psychologist give the team on the evening after they first explore the tower?
5. How does the narrator react when she first realizes that the psychologist is issuing a hypnotic command to which she is immune?
6. What happens when the members of the expedition call back to the low moaning sound that comes from Area X at dusk?
7. What is unique about the pool that the biologist had at her home growing up?
8. What is recorded about the first expedition into Area X?
9. Why did the members of the 12th expedition not know about the Tower/Tunnel ahead of time?
10. What does the biologist believe would happen if the expedition members were to immediately search for the anthropologist in 02: Integration?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)