|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie think when she first hears about the school for unwed mothers?
2. What does Annie want to name her baby?
3. How does Annie feel as she is helping Tammy?
4. What does Annie do when she hears Tina's secret?
5. Where does Annie think about going after her visit to the doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annie's counselor say to try and motivate her?
2. What does Annie realize about herself through helping Tammy?
3. Why does Annie choose to go to the school for unwed mothers?
4. Why doesn't Annie go to Jenny's party?
5. What does Annie do after having a dream about her and Danny being together again?
6. What options does Annie have to choose from when she realizes she is pregnant?
7. How does Annie help Tammy?
8. What scares Annie most about the idea of having a baby?
9. What bothers Annie about the girls at her school who say they want to be doctors?
10. Why does Geraldina know the father of her baby won't help her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Annie discover about the students at the school for unwed mothers, and how does she fit into this realization?
Essay Topic 2
What message is this book sending to young teens, and how?
Essay Topic 3
Education and knowledge are two very important themes in this book. How does education affect Annie's life for both good and bad?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)