|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Tina tell Annie?
2. What promise did Annie make on Christmas Day?
3. What sin does Annie worry she is committing on Christmas Eve?
4. What does Annie's mother say is causing the major change in Tammy's appearance?
5. Who helps Annie make the decision about her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lolanita has her baby?
2. How does Tammy react to the help Annie gives her?
3. What options does Annie have to choose from when she realizes she is pregnant?
4. How does Lolanita feel about intimacy and relationships?
5. What does Annie do after having a dream about her and Danny being together again?
6. How does Annie help Tammy?
7. How does Annie react when seeing Tammy's baby?
8. What is the worst part of the students at the old school teasing Annie in public?
9. What gift does Annie give Tammy after she has her baby, and why?
10. How does Annie's mother react when she hears that Annie is pregnant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 2
What message is this book sending to young teens, and how?
Essay Topic 3
What causes Annie to get jealous after she has her baby, and what does this indicate about her personality?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)