|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Annie go to church on Christmas Eve?
2. What does Annie's mother encourage her to keep doing when she learns Annie is pregnant?
3. What kind of girls does Annie think will be at the school for unwed mothers?
4. How many girls are at the school for unwed mothers?
5. How does Annie feel as she is helping Tammy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Annie choose to go to the school for unwed mothers?
2. What happens when Lolanita has her baby?
3. How does Tammy react to the help Annie gives her?
4. What options does Annie have to choose from when she realizes she is pregnant?
5. How does Danny react when he hears Annie is pregnant?
6. What does Annie do after having a dream about her and Danny being together again?
7. What are the divisions Annie sees in her school, and where does she fit?
8. How does Annie's mother react when she hears that Annie is pregnant?
9. What does Annie's counselor say to try and motivate her?
10. What bothers Annie about the girls at her school who say they want to be doctors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Annie's mother's response to learning that her teenage daughter is pregnant and how does this change their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
How does Annie allow herself to remain in an abusive relationship, and what does this reveal about her personality?
Essay Topic 3
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)