|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sin does Annie worry she is committing on Christmas Eve?
2. Who is Annie most afraid to tell about being pregnant?
3. How far along is Annie when she first sees a doctor about her pregnancy?
4. How does Annie avoid talking to Danny after finding out she is pregnant?
5. What promise did Annie make on Christmas Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annie's mother react when she hears that Annie is pregnant?
2. What are the divisions Annie sees in her school, and where does she fit?
3. Why doesn't Annie go to Jenny's party?
4. What does Annie's counselor say to try and motivate her?
5. What bothers Annie about the girls at her school who say they want to be doctors?
6. Why does Annie choose to go to the school for unwed mothers?
7. What options does Annie have to choose from when she realizes she is pregnant?
8. What is the worst part of the students at the old school teasing Annie in public?
9. How does Annie help Tammy?
10. How does Lolanita feel about intimacy and relationships?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What message is this book sending to young teens, and how?
Essay Topic 2
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 3
What does Annie decide to do with her baby, and why?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)