|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny call Annie when she tell shim she is pregnant?
2. How does Danny treat Annie at school after he learns she is pregnant?
3. Who is the first person Annie talks to when she finds out she is pregnant?
4. Who first makes Annie go to the doctor?
5. What does Annie do when she hears Tina's secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What options does Annie have to choose from when she realizes she is pregnant?
2. Why doesn't Annie go to Jenny's party?
3. How does Annie help Tammy?
4. How does Tammy react to the help Annie gives her?
5. What does Annie realize about herself through helping Tammy?
6. How does Danny react when he hears Annie is pregnant?
7. What scares Annie most about the idea of having a baby?
8. Why does Geraldina know the father of her baby won't help her?
9. What are the divisions Annie sees in her school, and where does she fit?
10. What bothers Annie about the girls at her school who say they want to be doctors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Annie allow herself to remain in an abusive relationship, and what does this reveal about her personality?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of treatments does Annie get for her depression, and how do they help her?
Essay Topic 3
Sexuality is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)