|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vow does Annie make after telling her mother she is pregnant?
2. What does Annie think Tammy should do for a living?
3. What does Annie do when she hears Tina's secret?
4. Where does Annie find out about Tammy's secret?
5. Who first makes Annie go to the doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lolanita has her baby?
2. What does Annie realize about herself through helping Tammy?
3. How does Danny react when he hears Annie is pregnant?
4. What does Annie do after having a dream about her and Danny being together again?
5. Why does Geraldina know the father of her baby won't help her?
6. What options does Annie have to choose from when she realizes she is pregnant?
7. How does Annie's mother react when she hears that Annie is pregnant?
8. What bothers Annie about the girls at her school who say they want to be doctors?
9. What does Annie's counselor say to try and motivate her?
10. Why does Annie choose to go to the school for unwed mothers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Annie's mother's response to learning that her teenage daughter is pregnant and how does this change their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
What sacrifices does Annie's mother make for her in this book, and how does Annie respond to these sacrifices?
Essay Topic 3
What does Annie discover about the students at the school for unwed mothers, and how does she fit into this realization?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)