|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annie think she is having a girl?
2. How does Annie feel after talking to the first person she tells about her pregnancy?
3. How does Mrs. Milton feel about Annie trying to help Tammy?
4. What does Annie think she will never be once she has her baby?
5. Where is Danny when he finds out Annie is pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annie help Tammy?
2. What are the divisions Annie sees in her school, and where does she fit?
3. What does the counselor about the Republican Party that bothers many of the girls at the school for unwed mothers?
4. How does Danny react when he hears Annie is pregnant?
5. How does Lolanita feel about intimacy and relationships?
6. What bothers Annie about the girls at her school who say they want to be doctors?
7. Why does Annie choose to go to the school for unwed mothers?
8. How does Tammy react to the help Annie gives her?
9. What options does Annie have to choose from when she realizes she is pregnant?
10. What is the worst part of the students at the old school teasing Annie in public?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Danny respond to learning he was a father, and what does this reveal about him?
Essay Topic 2
What sacrifices does Annie's mother make for her in this book, and how does Annie respond to these sacrifices?
Essay Topic 3
Education and knowledge are two very important themes in this book. How does education affect Annie's life for both good and bad?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)