|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Annie make the decision about her baby?
2. After Christmas when does Annie say Danny wants to see her?
3. What sin does Annie worry she is committing on Christmas Eve?
4. How does Danny treat Annie at school after he learns she is pregnant?
5. What is Tammy unable to do that most people her age can?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Annie choose to go to the school for unwed mothers?
2. What gift does Annie give Tammy after she has her baby, and why?
3. How does Lolanita feel about intimacy and relationships?
4. How does Annie react when seeing Tammy's baby?
5. What does Annie do after having a dream about her and Danny being together again?
6. What bothers Annie about the girls at her school who say they want to be doctors?
7. What does the counselor about the Republican Party that bothers many of the girls at the school for unwed mothers?
8. What does Annie's counselor say to try and motivate her?
9. Why doesn't Annie go to Jenny's party?
10. How does Annie's mother react when she hears that Annie is pregnant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Annie's mother's response to learning that her teenage daughter is pregnant and how does this change their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of treatments does Annie get for her depression, and how do they help her?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of fear does Annie suffer from in this book, and how can people her age respond to this?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)