|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sin does Annie worry she is committing on Christmas Eve?
2. What secret does Tina tell Annie?
3. How does Danny treat Annie at school after he learns she is pregnant?
4. What does Annie's mother say is causing the major change in Tammy's appearance?
5. How far along is Annie when she first sees a doctor about her pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Annie go to Jenny's party?
2. How does Tammy react to the help Annie gives her?
3. What are the divisions Annie sees in her school, and where does she fit?
4. What does the counselor about the Republican Party that bothers many of the girls at the school for unwed mothers?
5. Why does Geraldina know the father of her baby won't help her?
6. What options does Annie have to choose from when she realizes she is pregnant?
7. What does Annie's counselor say to try and motivate her?
8. Why does Annie choose to go to the school for unwed mothers?
9. What does Annie realize about herself through helping Tammy?
10. What happens when Lolanita has her baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What sacrifices does Annie's mother make for her in this book, and how does Annie respond to these sacrifices?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of fear does Annie suffer from in this book, and how can people her age respond to this?
Essay Topic 3
How does Annie allow herself to remain in an abusive relationship, and what does this reveal about her personality?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)