|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first makes Annie go to the doctor?
2. What kind of girls does Annie think will be at the school for unwed mothers?
3. How does Annie feel when she learns she is pregnant?
4. How does Annie feel after talking to the first person she tells about her pregnancy?
5. Who is Annie most afraid to tell about being pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Geraldina know the father of her baby won't help her?
2. How does Tammy react to the help Annie gives her?
3. How does Annie's mother react when she hears that Annie is pregnant?
4. What options does Annie have to choose from when she realizes she is pregnant?
5. How does Annie help Tammy?
6. How does Danny react when he hears Annie is pregnant?
7. What bothers Annie about the girls at her school who say they want to be doctors?
8. What is the worst part of the students at the old school teasing Annie in public?
9. What does the counselor about the Republican Party that bothers many of the girls at the school for unwed mothers?
10. What scares Annie most about the idea of having a baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Annie's mother's response to learning that her teenage daughter is pregnant and how does this change their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
What sacrifices does Annie's mother make for her in this book, and how does Annie respond to these sacrifices?
Essay Topic 3
What advice does Annie get from Bishop Marden, and how does this advice affect her life?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)