|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny call Annie when she tell shim she is pregnant?
2. Who tells Annie about the school for unwed mothers?
3. What promise did Annie make on Christmas Day?
4. How does Annie's mother react when she finds out Annie is pregnant?
5. How does Annie feel about Tammy once she hears her story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lolanita has her baby?
2. What scares Annie most about the idea of having a baby?
3. Why does Geraldina know the father of her baby won't help her?
4. How does Annie help Tammy?
5. What are the divisions Annie sees in her school, and where does she fit?
6. What does Annie's counselor say to try and motivate her?
7. How does Lolanita feel about intimacy and relationships?
8. What does the counselor about the Republican Party that bothers many of the girls at the school for unwed mothers?
9. What does Annie realize about herself through helping Tammy?
10. What gift does Annie give Tammy after she has her baby, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What message is this book sending to young teens, and how?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of fear does Annie suffer from in this book, and how can people her age respond to this?
Essay Topic 3
What is Annie's mother's response to learning that her teenage daughter is pregnant and how does this change their relationship?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)