|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Annie take to wave goodbye?
2. After her Chapter 5 punishment, why is Annie anxious to get home for lunch?
3. What is the topic of a play written by Mineau and Annie when they were younger children?
4. What was Annie's punishment for her violation in Chapter 5?
5. Why has school changed for Annie in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What aspects and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in Annie John? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What feeling does Annie have when she sees her parents in bed together? Why does she feel this way? Where do her feelings for her parents go from that point?
Essay Topic 3
What does Mrs. John's trunk symbolize? Does its symbolism change throughout the story? If so, how? Support your answers with information from the book.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)