|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the new girl's trouble in the subject in Chapter 5?
2. Who is the author of the novel mentioned in Chapter 5?
3. What three things does Annie say she's tired of in Chapter 8?
4. Who does Mr. John want to consult regarding Annie's illness in Chapter 7?
5. What does Annie believe has happened to her relationship with Gwen in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of water throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
When Annie's parents see her off and say their farewells, Mr. John looks like he wants to say something, but doesn't. How does Mr. John's own family experiences affect his goodbye to his only daughter?
Essay Topic 3
What feeling does Annie have when she sees her parents in bed together? Why does she feel this way? Where do her feelings for her parents go from that point?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)