|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Annie visualizes what she feels in Chapter 6, what size is it?
2. Where is the island on which this story takes place?
3. What gets Annie in trouble in Chapter 5?
4. What is Annie's class studying in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 5, why does Annie do the thing that gets her in trouble?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of not learning Annie's name until Chapter 3? Explain your answer and give examples from the novel to support your claim.
Essay Topic 2
What aspects and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in Annie John? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
How much does the culture of Antigua affect Annie's life? Give three examples from the novel that show the influence of the local culture in Annie's life. Who influences her thoughts on the culture most -- her mother or father?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)