|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Annie not tell her parents?
(a) That she never plans to return home.
(b) That she misses Gwen.
(c) That she is scared.
(d) That she doesn't like her nightgown.
2. In Chapter 5, what inspires Annie's thoughts regarding the incident that got her into trouble?
(a) A letter Mrs. John wrote.
(b) A comment Mrs. John made to Mr. John.
(c) A comment Annie heard her aunt say.
(d) A comment made by Mrs. John to Mrs. John.
3. Which building means the most to Annie as she grows up in this community?
(a) The fish market.
(b) The funeral home.
(c) The library.
(d) The market.
4. Where does the Obeah woman put cross marks in Chapter 7?
(a) On Annie's feet, stomach and forehead.
(b) On Annie's feet, knees, stomach, armpits and forehead.
(c) On Annie's feet and hands.
(d) On all the doors in the house.
5. What is Annie's reason for leaving home in Chapter 8?
(a) To get married.
(b) To get away from her horrible mother.
(c) To recuperate for vacation.
(d) To study to become a nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are the girls in Annie's classes in Chapter 6?
2. What does Annie notice about her furniture, nightgown and linens?
3. How does the feeling begin in Chapter 6?
4. What are the girls in Annie's classes concerned with in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 5, where is the new girl in Annie's school from?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)