|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can always make Mr. John laugh?
(a) Ma Chess.
(b) The Obeah woman.
(d) Mrs. John.
2. Where do Annie and her classmates go to complete their assignment?
(a) Outside around a picnic table.
(b) To the teacher's house.
(c) Into the school's gymnasium.
(d) Under a shade tree outside.
3. Annie and her Chapter 4 friend begin exchanging hard pinches and...
(a) Hair pulling.
4. What does the teacher do with Annie's essay in Chapter 3?
(a) Sends it home.
(b) Criticizes it in class in front of all the students.
(c) Puts a sticky star on it.
(d) Puts it on a library shelf for other students to use as reference.
5. Why does Annie feel like an outsider on her first day of school in Chapter 3?
(a) The other girls enter the building arm-in-arm.
(b) The other girls make fun of her friend.
(c) She wears the wrong outfit by mistake.
(d) Only the teachers talk to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Annie's dream, who saves her Chapter 4 friend in a shipwreck?
2. Why doesn't Annie like the essays her classmates write in Chapter 3?
3. Who does Annie meet for the first time at the fruit tree in Chapter 4?
4. In which chapter does the reader learn Annie's name?
5. In Chapter 1, who dies that is Annie's age?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Annie's plans and her feelings about them.
2. What is Annie's response to Mrs. John's accusation in Chapter 6?
3. Does Annie get the sympathy from her mother that she wants during lunch in Chapter 5? Why or why not?
4. What does Annie tell her father she wants in Chapter 6?
5. Describe Annie's feelings at the beginning of Chapter 6.
6. Why is Annie afraid of dead people in Chapter 1?
7. What is Annie's belief regarding dead people in Chapter 1?
8. What is Annie's main symptom at the beginning of Chapter 7?
9. How does Gwen initiate the friendship that develops between her and Annie?
10. What helps Annie visualize how Miss Charlotte must look dead?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)