|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. John teach Annie to bleach the white clothes?
(a) To lay them on their roof to be closer to the sun.
(b) To lay them on white rocks to dry.
(c) To add two ounces of liquid bleach to the laundry.
(d) To use special bark to make them whiter.
2. What is a favorite hangout of Annie and the new friend she meets in Chapter 4?
(a) The beach.
(b) The lighthouse.
(d) The mall.
3. Who builds Nalda's coffin?
(a) Nalda's mother.
(b) Mr. John.
(c) The mortician.
(d) Nalda's father.
4. How does Annie buy her dunce friend treats at recess?
(a) With salary money she has saved.
(b) With money taken from her mother's purse.
(c) By winning money playing marbles.
(d) She doesn't
5. Why does Annie keep her new Chapter 4 friendship a secret?
(a) Her father would not approve.
(b) So Sonia won't get jealous.
(c) So Gwen won't get jealous.
(d) Her mother would not approve.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie feel in response to her teacher's reaction to the first essay she wrote in Chapter 3?
2. What kind of tree is Annie trying to get fruit from in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 1, what has almost everyone else at school seen that Annie has not?
4. What special items are in Mrs. John's travel trunk now?
5. Who are the two girls Annie befriends at her new school in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Annie dreams that she saves the Red Girl from a ship wreck and they live on an island together forever. What do they do for fun on the island?
2. Why do some of the market vendors beg Mrs. John to return the next day?
3. What hypocrisy does Annie struggle to understand regarding her mother?
4. What does Annie fib about in Chapter 1 and why?
5. As Chapter 3 ends, when does it seem Annie is happiest?
6. Describe the Red Girl's appearance.
7. When does Annie's friendship with the Red Girl begin to take on new dimension?
8. How does Gwen initiate the friendship that develops between her and Annie?
9. Why doesn't Annie speak to Sonia after the death of the girl's mother?
10. In Chapter 4, how does Annie's mother feel about Annie playing marbles at school?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)