|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annie obsessed with in Chapter 1?
(a) Playing marbles.
2. What does Annie's Chapter 4 friend think about the gifts Annie buys for her?
(a) She wants more.
(b) She is very grateful.
(c) She complains about the gifts.
(d) She's not impressed.
3. What kind of tree is Annie trying to get fruit from in Chapter 4?
4. Which member of the John family sleeps late during the summers?
(a) Mrs. John.
(c) Miss Oatie.
(d) Mr. John.
5. What do Annie and her mother add to their "special" baths?
(a) Oatmeal and milk.
(b) Flowers, tree bark, and oils.
(c) Water blessed by the Obeah woman.
(d) Bubble solution.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the other girl retrieve the fruit in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Annie buy gifts for her Chapter 4 friend?
3. Which row does Annie sit on in her new classroom in Chapter 3?
4. Who wants to vex Annie and her mother?
5. Why is Annie's Chapter 4 friend sent away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annie write that gets her into trouble in Chapter 5 and where does she write it?
2. When was the last time Mineau and Annie played together?
3. Why does Annie begin sneaking to funerals?
4. Why does Annie buy gifts for the Red Girl?
5. What do the fabrics Annie and her mother select in Chapter 2 symbolize to Annie and why?
6. How does Annie react when her mother gives her an egg cordial with two spoons of rum in it?
7. What is Annie required to copy as her punishment in Chapter 5 and how much time is she given?
8. Why do some of the market vendors beg Mrs. John to return the next day?
9. What does Annie fib about in Chapter 1 and why?
10. Does Annie get the sympathy from her mother that she wants during lunch in Chapter 5? Why or why not?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)