|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who builds Nalda's coffin?
(a) Mr. John.
(b) The mortician.
(c) Nalda's mother.
(d) Nalda's father.
2. What does Annie wonder while walking home from the dead girl's funeral in Chapter 1?
(a) If the dead girl knows Annie was there.
(b) If the dead girl could hear the people at the funeral.
(c) If the girl was really, truly dead.
(d) If the dead girl will come for her.
3. On which island do Mrs. John's parents live?
4. Why does Annie keep her new Chapter 4 friendship a secret?
(a) So Sonia won't get jealous.
(b) Her father would not approve.
(c) Her mother would not approve.
(d) So Gwen won't get jealous.
5. How does Annie feel in response to her teacher's reaction to the first essay she wrote in Chapter 3?
(c) Lightheaded with joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reared Mr. John?
2. What does Annie reveal in the conclusion of the essay she writes on the first day of school?
3. In Chapter 3, what is the only real happy time Annie has?
4. What is Annie's observation when she sees the dead girl who is her own age?
5. Why does Mr. John bathe in cold water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Annie look forward to starting a new school in Chapter 2?
2. What is Annie's main symptom at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. Why doesn't Annie speak to Sonia after the death of the girl's mother?
4. Who is Ma Chess and what surprises the John family when she shows up at the family home?
5. As Chapter 3 ends, when does it seem Annie is happiest?
6. What does Annie write that gets her into trouble in Chapter 5 and where does she write it?
7. Describe Annie's feelings at the beginning of Chapter 6.
8. How does Annie meet the Red Girl?
9. Why does Mrs. John prepare her friend's daughter for burial in Chapter 1?
10. How do the girls learn about Annie's menstruation?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)