|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie wear for her trip that has been blessed by the Obeah woman?
(a) Underclothes and jewelry.
(b) A special charm around her neck.
(c) A hat and red scarf.
(d) A handkerchief.
2. Is the teacher in Chapter 5 Annie's favorite?
(a) No, never has been.
(b) Yes, she'll even get over today's events.
(d) Yes, but not today.
3. Who confronts Annie as she walks home alone one day in Chapter 6?
(a) Annie's mother.
(c) A group of older girls.
(d) A group of boys.
4. What is Annie's view from her seat in Chapter 5, before getting in trouble?
(a) The back of Gwen's head.
(b) The back of the entire class.
(c) She can see out the window.
(d) The back of Sonia's head.
5. Who is the author of the novel mentioned in Chapter 5?
6. After her Chapter 5 punishment, why is Annie anxious to get home for lunch?
(a) She is starving.
(b) To have her mother console her with kisses.
(c) She is going to stay home for the rest of the day.
(d) She is going to hide in the market and skip the rest of school.
7. In Chapter 6, Annie says when she hates someone she...
(a) Imagines them dead.
(b) Makes their lives miserable.
(c) Tells them face to face.
(d) Vexes them with Obeah curses.
8. Who issues Annie's punishment for her violation in Chapter 5?
(a) The headmistress.
(b) The school principal.
(c) Mrs. John.
(d) The teacher.
9. Where is Annie going in Chapter 8?
(c) North America.
10. What happens at the onset of Annie's illness in Chapter 7?
(a) A rainbow appears.
(b) Drought begins.
(d) Rains come.
11. How does Annie avoid Gwen in Chapter 6?
(a) She hangs out with Mineau instead.
(b) She tells Gwen she must stay after school.
(c) She leaves early so she will miss Gwen.
(d) She volunteers to clean chalkboards after school.
12. What item does Annie take to wave goodbye?
(a) A red scarf.
(b) A red bandana.
(c) A red handkerchief.
(d) A red straw hat.
13. What does Annie feel inside herself in Chapter 6?
(a) A heavy, black weight.
(b) A brick.
(c) Queasy in the pit of her stomach.
(d) Butterflies of anxiety.
14. What does Annie believe has happened to her relationship with Gwen in Chapter 6?
(a) She has no idea.
(b) She is more mature than Gwen.
(c) She is both smarter and more mature than Gwen.
(d) She is smarter than Gwen.
15. What does Mr. John's consultant find wrong with Annie in Chapter 7?
(a) She is deficient in iron.
(b) She has allergies.
(c) Seasonal Affected Disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mineau?
2. How old are the girls in Annie's classes in Chapter 6?
3. Which friend does Annie feel obligated to see before leaving in Chapter 8?
4. Why is Annie's mother changing her sheets in Chapter 7?
5. What does Annie realize as she sits in her room in Chapter 8?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)