|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of a play written by Mineau and Annie when they were younger children?
(a) A murder trial of pirates who once ruled the island.
(b) A murder trial and hanging of a man who killed his girlfriend and her lover.
(c) A shipwreck.
(d) A fire at the Red Girl's house.
2. Where does the Obeah woman put cross marks in Chapter 7?
(a) On Annie's feet, knees, stomach, armpits and forehead.
(b) On Annie's feet, stomach and forehead.
(c) On all the doors in the house.
(d) On Annie's feet and hands.
3. What happens at the onset of Annie's illness in Chapter 7?
(a) A rainbow appears.
(b) Drought begins.
(c) Rains come.
4. How does Annie feel when visiting her friend in Chapter 8?
5. Where is Annie going in Chapter 8?
(d) North America.
6. How does the feeling begin in Chapter 6?
(a) Like a fine mist.
(b) Gradually, like a prolonged storm.
(c) Suddenly, like a bolt of lightning.
(d) Suddenly, like being hit by a guava.
7. Why is Annie jealous of her Chapter 6 classmates?
(a) They all have more money.
(b) They have bosoms.
(c) They have perfect hair.
(d) They all are teacher's pets.
8. In Chapter 5, what inspires Annie's thoughts regarding the incident that got her into trouble?
(a) A letter Mrs. John wrote.
(b) A comment Annie heard her aunt say.
(c) A comment Mrs. John made to Mr. John.
(d) A comment made by Mrs. John to Mrs. John.
9. Where is Annie's seat in the class in Chapter 5 before getting in trouble?
(a) At the head of the class.
(b) In front of the teacher.
(c) On the third row.
(d) The back left corner of the room.
10. In Chapter 6, Annie says she cannot imagine life without....
(b) Her mother.
(c) Fresh fruits from the market.
11. What does Annie try to rationalize in Chapter 6?
(a) How she can continue living with a brick in her stomach.
(b) How her mother could hate her and love her at the same time.
(c) Why she got into so much trouble in Chapter 5.
(d) How her feeling could feel so big but look so small.
12. What is the relationship between Annie and her mother in Chapter 6?
(c) Horrible, and the whole world sees it.
(d) None -- her mother died.
13. What class subject does Annie earn honors for in Chapter 5?
14. How does Annie immediately feel when confronted on her walk home in Chapter 6?
15. What exactly is the illustration Annie discusses in her textbook in Chapter 5?
(a) Columbus launching his boats to set sail to the new world.
(b) Columbus being shipped back to the king and queen of Spain by the Dominicans.
(c) Columbus being honored with a Thanksgiving meal.
(d) Columbus being burned at the stake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie travel to her new destination?
2. How does Mrs. John treat Annie's illness in Chapter 7?
3. What gets Annie in trouble in Chapter 5?
4. How does Annie feel in Chapter 5 when she gets in trouble?
5. How long do the rains last in Chapter 7?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)