|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who issues Annie's punishment for her violation in Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher.
(b) The school principal.
(c) Mrs. John.
(d) The headmistress.
2. Where is Annie going in Chapter 8?
(c) North America.
3. What does Annie realize as she sits in her room in Chapter 8?
(a) The Obeah woman is superstitious.
(b) She is the one who has changed.
(c) Her mother has changed with age.
(d) Her father doesn't seem to love them anymore.
4. What does Annie wear for her trip that has been blessed by the Obeah woman?
(a) A hat and red scarf.
(b) A special charm around her neck.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) Underclothes and jewelry.
5. In Chapter 6, Annie says she cannot imagine life without....
(a) Fresh fruits from the market.
(b) Her mother.
6. How old are the girls in Annie's classes in Chapter 6?
(a) 1 year younger.
(b) 2 or 3 years younger.
(c) 2 or 3 years older.
(d) The same age as she.
7. Why does Annie begin to avoid Gwen in Chapter 6?
(a) Gwen is flunking school.
(b) Gwen is small in her eyes .
(c) Gwen is too loud.
(d) Gwen's mother dies.
8. Which curriculum does Annie's school follow?
(a) British models.
(b) Tradtional island models.
(c) Caribbean models.
(d) North American models.
9. What does Mrs. John's consultant conclude regarding Annie's illness in Chapter 7?
(a) There are no evil spirits near the girl.
(b) The townswomen have cast evil spirits on the girl.
(c) The girl is fighting inner evil.
(d) The girl is evil herself.
10. In Chapter 5, where is the new girl in Annie's school from?
(c) North America.
11. How long does the island's drought last?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 6 months.
12. Where is the island on which this story takes place?
(a) Spanish peninsula.
(c) West Indies.
(d) North America.
13. What is Annie's physical condition at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) She has measles but is contagious when she goes to school.
(b) She is healthy.
(c) She is ill, but still goes to school.
(d) She has chicken pox and misses school immediately.
14. How does Annie feel about her parents as she prepares to leave in Chapter 8?
(a) She is scared to leave them.
(b) She hopes they will die soon.
(c) She doesn't love them like she once did.
(d) She hopes they won't die when she leaves.
15. Why is Annie's mother changing her sheets in Chapter 7?
(a) The roof begins leaking from the heavy rains.
(b) Annie has wet the bed.
(c) Annie has vomited in her bed.
(d) Annie sweated off a high fever and her sheets are wet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three things does Annie say she's tired of in Chapter 8?
2. Which building means the most to Annie as she grows up in this community?
3. What does Annie resent about her mother in Chapter 8?
4. Who does Mrs. John want to consult regarding Annie's illness in Chapter 7?
5. What is the reason for the new girl's trouble in the subject in Chapter 5?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)