|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has school changed for Annie in Chapter 6?
(a) Her favorite teacher dies.
(b) She changes schools.
(c) She is held back a year due to behavior.
(d) She is elevated to another grade level.
2. In Chapter 6, Annie says she cannot imagine life without....
(c) Her mother.
(d) Fresh fruits from the market.
3. Why does Annie begin to avoid Gwen in Chapter 6?
(a) Gwen is too loud.
(b) Gwen is small in her eyes .
(c) Gwen is flunking school.
(d) Gwen's mother dies.
4. Who is Mineau?
(a) The son of one of Annie's mother's friends.
(b) Gwen's brother.
(c) The son of one of Annie's father's friends.
(d) Annie's own cousin.
5. Where is Annie's seat in the class in Chapter 5 before getting in trouble?
(a) The back left corner of the room.
(b) In front of the teacher.
(c) At the head of the class.
(d) On the third row.
6. Which friend does Annie feel obligated to see before leaving in Chapter 8?
(d) The Red Girl.
7. Where is the island on which this story takes place?
(a) West Indies.
(b) Spanish peninsula.
(c) North America.
8. How does Annie immediately feel when confronted on her walk home in Chapter 6?
9. What does Annie try to rationalize in Chapter 6?
(a) Why she got into so much trouble in Chapter 5.
(b) How her mother could hate her and love her at the same time.
(c) How her feeling could feel so big but look so small.
(d) How she can continue living with a brick in her stomach.
10. How does Annie feel about her parents as she prepares to leave in Chapter 8?
(a) She is scared to leave them.
(b) She doesn't love them like she once did.
(c) She hopes they will die soon.
(d) She hopes they won't die when she leaves.
11. How long do the rains last in Chapter 7?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 6 months.
12. Where is Annie going in Chapter 8?
(c) North America.
13. How old is Mineau?
(a) Three years younger than Annie.
(b) Three days younger than Annie.
(c) Three years older than Annie.
(d) Three months older than Annie.
14. Who confronts Annie as she walks home alone one day in Chapter 6?
(a) A group of older girls.
(b) Annie's mother.
(d) A group of boys.
15. What does Annie notice about her furniture, nightgown and linens?
(a) They are all made by her parents.
(b) They are hand-me-downs.
(c) They are all antiques.
(d) They all look alike.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Annie's father as she waves goodbye to her mother?
2. Who is the author of the novel mentioned in Chapter 5?
3. Why is Annie's mother changing her sheets in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 5, what inspires Annie's thoughts regarding the incident that got her into trouble?
5. What is Annie's physical condition at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)