|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie believe will happen if she points at a dead person?
(b) Her finger will create sparks.
(c) Her fingers will drop off.
(d) Her hand will burn.
2. Where does the John family stay during summer holiday?
(a) On a house boat.
(b) House on Dickenson Bay Street.
(c) House on Fort Bay Street.
(d) House on Fort Road.
3. How does Annie buy presents for her Chapter 4 friend?
(a) Sneaks money from her mother's purse.
(b) She makes presents for her.
(c) Uses allowance money.
(d) Sneaks money from a safe at home.
4. What does Annie choose as the focus of her assignment?
(a) Living in their summer home.
(b) The trips she and her mother took to Rat Island.
(c) The trips she and her mother took to the market.
(d) The trip she made to Dominica.
5. Which row does Annie sit on in her new classroom in Chapter 3?
6. In Chapter 1, who dies that is Annie's age?
(b) The girl with the humpback.
7. Why is Annie sent home from school one day in Chapter 3?
(a) She is caught playing marbles.
(b) She gets into a fight.
(c) She faints in class.
(d) She falls and breaks her arm.
8. Who gives Annie permission to attend her classmate's funeral?
(a) No one.
(b) Her father.
(c) Ma Chess.
(d) Her mother.
9. In which chapter does the reader learn Annie's name?
(a) Chapter 1.
(b) Chapter 8.
(c) Chapter 3.
(d) Chapter 2.
10. What does Annie reveal in the conclusion of the essay she writes on the first day of school?
(a) She longs to see many dead people.
(b) She dreams her mother never comes back.
(c) She wants to run away from home.
(d) She is afraid of making new friends.
11. What causes Mrs. John to leave her parents' home?
(a) An urge to travel.
(b) A desire to become a nurse.
(c) An argument with her father.
(d) An argument with her mother.
12. Why is Annie's Chapter 4 friend sent away?
(a) She has commited a crime.
(b) Because she is unruly.
(c) Her mother dies.
(d) To finish her education.
13. What excuses does Annie use to sneak away to meet her new friend in Chapter 4?
(a) Needs to stretch her legs or do onsite research for art.
(b) Needs to meet Sonia at the library for an art project.
(c) Needs to meet Gwen to study.
(d) Needs to go for a jog.
14. What is Annie obsessed with in Chapter 1?
(b) Playing marbles.
15. How many times a day does Annie's mom make her wash?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Annie and her mother do every day after lunch?
2. On which school team does Annie serve as captain in Chapter 3?
3. What kind of tree is Annie trying to get fruit from in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 1, what was Annie supposed to have picked up on her way home from school instead of going to a funeral?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Mrs. John say is to blame for Annie's bad dreams?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)