|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shoes are worn by the new friend Annie meets in Chapter 4?
(d) Tennis Shoes.
2. How does Annie buy her dunce friend treats at recess?
(a) With money taken from her mother's purse.
(b) She doesn't
(c) By winning money playing marbles.
(d) With salary money she has saved.
3. In Chapter 3, what does Mrs. John say is to blame for Annie's bad dreams?
(a) Worrying about making friends.
(b) Eating unripe fruit before bed.
(c) Eating spicy foods.
(d) Worrying too much about death.
4. Whose mother does not insist on daily hygiene?
(c) The Red Girl's.
5. What is a favorite hangout of Annie and the new friend she meets in Chapter 4?
(b) The beach.
(c) The lighthouse.
(d) The mall.
6. In which chapter does the reader learn Annie's name?
(a) Chapter 2.
(b) Chapter 8.
(c) Chapter 1.
(d) Chapter 3.
7. What does Annie's mother teach her at the market?
(a) Which grains to buy for their special bath.
(b) How to buy the best fish, fruit, and butter.
(c) How to negotiate a better price.
(d) How to sell crafts they make together.
8. What is Annie's reaction to the first dead person she sees?
(b) Pleased that the dead person simply looked like a resting live person.
(c) Indifferent because she'd never seen that person alive.
9. Where does the John family stay during summer holiday?
(a) House on Fort Bay Street.
(b) House on Dickenson Bay Street.
(c) House on Fort Road.
(d) On a house boat.
10. What upsets Annie when she and her mother visit the fabric store in Chapter 2?
(a) Her mom picks out ugly fabric.
(b) Annie doesn't want to go to the fabric store.
(c) They don't have enough matching fabric.
(d) They don't buy matching fabric for dresses.
11. What does Annie reveal in the conclusion of the essay she writes on the first day of school?
(a) She dreams her mother never comes back.
(b) She longs to see many dead people.
(c) She wants to run away from home.
(d) She is afraid of making new friends.
12. In Chapter 1, who dies that is Annie's age?
(c) The girl with the humpback.
13. What is Annie's punishment for lying to her mother in Chapter 1?
(a) She has to do the dishes all by herself.
(b) She has to eat outside alone and her mother does not kiss her goodnight.
(c) She had to listen to her mother rant and rave for about an hour.
(d) She has to go straight to bed after eating dinner.
14. What color hair does the girl have that Annie meets in Chapter 4?
15. Who gives Annie permission to attend her classmate's funeral?
(a) No one.
(b) Ma Chess.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Kenneth always give Annie during her market visit?
2. Which neighbor dies in Chapter 1?
3. Who pinches Annie's arm on the way back to class after completing their assignment in Chapter 3?
4. What happens to Annie's Chapter 4 friend?
5. Why won't Annie let her mother touch her?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)