|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Annie's teacher in Chapter 3?
(a) Miss Joseph.
(b) Mrs. John.
(c) Miss Gwen.
(d) Miss Nelson.
2. What does Annie reveal in the conclusion of the essay she writes on the first day of school?
(a) She dreams her mother never comes back.
(b) She longs to see many dead people.
(c) She wants to run away from home.
(d) She is afraid of making new friends.
3. How does Mrs. John teach Annie to bleach the white clothes?
(a) To lay them on their roof to be closer to the sun.
(b) To use special bark to make them whiter.
(c) To add two ounces of liquid bleach to the laundry.
(d) To lay them on white rocks to dry.
4. What does Annie accidentally see that disturbs her greatly?
(a) Her dead uncle.
(b) Her parents making love.
(c) A dead bird.
(d) A girl that was unruly.
5. In Chapter 1, who tucks Annie in on the night she is punished for lying?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) No one.
6. In Annie's dream, who saves her Chapter 4 friend in a shipwreck?
(a) Mr. John.
(c) Mrs. John.
7. Who sits in front of Annie in class in Chapter 3?
8. Why is Annie punished in Chapter 4?
(a) For throwing a tantrum.
(b) For playing marbles at school.
(c) For lying about her new friend.
(d) For cheating on a test.
9. What kind of tree is Annie trying to get fruit from in Chapter 4?
10. Who falls in love in Chapter 3?
(a) Annie and Kenneth.
(b) Annie and Mineau.
(c) Annie and Gwen.
(d) Mr. Kenneth and Mrs. John.
11. To which island must Annie's Chapter 4 friend move?
12. What upsets Annie when she and her mother visit the fabric store in Chapter 2?
(a) Her mom picks out ugly fabric.
(b) Annie doesn't want to go to the fabric store.
(c) They don't have enough matching fabric.
(d) They don't buy matching fabric for dresses.
13. What causes Mrs. John to leave her parents' home?
(a) An argument with her father.
(b) An urge to travel.
(c) A desire to become a nurse.
(d) An argument with her mother.
14. What is Annie obsessed with in Chapter 1?
(d) Playing marbles.
15. Which row does Annie sit on in her new classroom in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie's Chapter 4 friend think about the gifts Annie buys for her?
2. Why doesn't Annie like the essays her classmates write in Chapter 3?
3. Who can always make Mr. John laugh?
4. In Chapter 3, what is the only real happy time Annie has?
5. For what reason does Annie and her mother take the "special" baths?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)