Short Answer Key
1. Where does the John family stay during summer holiday?
House on Fort Road.
2. What can Annie see in the distance from her family's vacation home?
3. What is Annie obsessed with in Chapter 1?
4. Who builds Nalda's coffin?
5. Who bathes and dresses Nalda for her funeral?
6. Why won't Annie let her mother touch her?
Because she bathed and dressed the dead girl.
7. Which of Annie's friends is known as a dunce?
8. How does Annie buy her dunce friend treats at recess?
With money taken from her mother's purse.
9. Why does the dunce girl miss school for a short while?
Her mother dies suddenly.
10. Why does Annie stop playing with the dunce girl?
It seems shameful that her mother died and leaves the girl alone.
11. Which neighbor dies...
This section contains 2,700 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)