|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Annie's Chapter 4 friend sent away?
(a) Because she is unruly.
(b) She has commited a crime.
(c) Her mother dies.
(d) To finish her education.
2. Why is Annie pleased with the textbook illustration she discusses in Chapter 5?
(a) She likes fire, which is a recurring theme in the book.
(b) She doesn't like Columbus anyway.
(c) She knows the excitement associated with exploration.
(d) She loves a happy ending.
3. What is the topic of a play written by Mineau and Annie when they were younger children?
(a) A murder trial of pirates who once ruled the island.
(b) A shipwreck.
(c) A murder trial and hanging of a man who killed his girlfriend and her lover.
(d) A fire at the Red Girl's house.
4. Why is Annie punished in Chapter 4?
(a) For throwing a tantrum.
(b) For cheating on a test.
(c) For lying about her new friend.
(d) For playing marbles at school.
5. Why does Annie's father think she is sick?
(a) From flirting with boys.
(b) From something inherited.
(c) From all the studying she's been doing.
(d) From being vexed by the townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what was Annie supposed to have picked up on her way home from school instead of going to a funeral?
2. What are the girls in Annie's classes concerned with in Chapter 6?
3. What class status does Annie achieve in all her subjects in Chapter 6?
4. How long is Annie sick in Chapter 7?
5. Whose mother does not insist on daily hygiene?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)