|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gets Annie in trouble in Chapter 5?
(a) Ripping out a page in her text book.
(b) Writing a caption in her book.
(c) Speaking out of turn in class.
(d) Falling asleep in class.
2. How does Annie buy presents for her Chapter 4 friend?
(a) Uses allowance money.
(b) Sneaks money from her mother's purse.
(c) She makes presents for her.
(d) Sneaks money from a safe at home.
3. What is the typical summer lunch at Annie's house?
(a) Pumpkin soup, banana fritters, and salt fish with tomatoes.
(b) A sandwhich made of fresh market cold cuts.
(c) Soup and sandwhich.
(d) Fish patties and salsa.
4. Why is Annie pleased with the textbook illustration she discusses in Chapter 5?
(a) She knows the excitement associated with exploration.
(b) She likes fire, which is a recurring theme in the book.
(c) She loves a happy ending.
(d) She doesn't like Columbus anyway.
5. What is Annie's first assignment at school in Chapter 3?
(a) To give an impromptu presentation about herself.
(b) To write a biography book report.
(c) To write an essay about her summer activites.
(d) To write an autobiographical essay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Annie in Chapter 6?
2. What does Annie feel inside herself in Chapter 6?
3. To which island must Annie's Chapter 4 friend move?
4. In Chapter 1, what was Annie supposed to have picked up on her way home from school instead of going to a funeral?
5. How does Annie feel in response to her teacher's reaction to the first essay she wrote in Chapter 3?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)