|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women who are mean to Annie and her mother act when they see Mr. John?
(a) Like they don't know him.
(b) The same way.
(c) They also throw things at him.
(d) They try to trip him.
2. Why is Annie pleased with the textbook illustration she discusses in Chapter 5?
(a) She loves a happy ending.
(b) She knows the excitement associated with exploration.
(c) She likes fire, which is a recurring theme in the book.
(d) She doesn't like Columbus anyway.
3. What does Annie accidentally see that disturbs her greatly?
(a) A girl that was unruly.
(b) A dead bird.
(c) Her parents making love.
(d) Her dead uncle.
4. How does Annie avoid Gwen in Chapter 6?
(a) She volunteers to clean chalkboards after school.
(b) She leaves early so she will miss Gwen.
(c) She tells Gwen she must stay after school.
(d) She hangs out with Mineau instead.
5. Who can always make Mr. John laugh?
(a) Mrs. John.
(b) The Obeah woman.
(d) Ma Chess.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her Chapter 5 punishment, why is Annie anxious to get home for lunch?
2. What is the typical summer lunch at Annie's house?
3. What is Annie's first assignment at school in Chapter 3?
4. Why is Annie sent home from school one day in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Annie stop playing with the dunce girl?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)