|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which neighbor dies in Chapter 1?
(a) Miss Sonia.
(b) Miss Charlotte.
(d) Ma Chess.
2. For what reason does Annie and her mother take the "special" baths?
(a) To ward off bad spirits detected by the Obeah woman.
(b) As part of aroma-therapy.
(c) To make their skin soft.
(d) For a special, relaxing spa treatment.
3. Who builds Nalda's coffin?
(a) Nalda's mother.
(b) The mortician.
(c) Mr. John.
(d) Nalda's father.
4. What is Annie's punishment for lying to her mother in Chapter 1?
(a) She had to listen to her mother rant and rave for about an hour.
(b) She has to do the dishes all by herself.
(c) She has to go straight to bed after eating dinner.
(d) She has to eat outside alone and her mother does not kiss her goodnight.
5. What can Annie see in the distance from her family's vacation home?
(a) A guava tree.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) A furniture store.
(d) The produce market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie believe will happen if she points at a dead person?
2. Why doesn't Annie like the essays her classmates write in Chapter 3?
3. What does Annie reveal in the conclusion of the essay she writes on the first day of school?
4. What does Annie's mother teach her at the market?
5. What does Annie wonder while walking home from the dead girl's funeral in Chapter 1?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)