|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annie stop playing with the dunce girl?
(a) It seems shameful that her mother died and leaves the girl alone.
(b) She doesn't like the girl's poor manners.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) She is tired of the other girls making fun of her for being the girl's friend.
2. What is Annie obsessed with in Chapter 1?
(b) Playing marbles.
3. Where is Annie's family living when the daughter of her mother's friend dies?
(a) On Dickenson Bay Street.
(b) On Fort Road.
(c) In Dominica.
(d) On Dickson Street.
4. Who are the two girls Annie befriends at her new school in Chapter 2?
(a) Amy and Sonia
(b) Alberta and Gwendolyn
(c) Ruth and Sonia.
(d) Albertine and Gweneth.
5. Why does Mr. Kenneth's gift to Annie please Mrs. John?
(a) Because it is free.
(b) Because it is good for Annie's red blood corpuscles.
(c) Because she has a crush on Mr. Kenneth.
(d) Because it is good for Annie's teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the typical summer lunch at Annie's house?
2. What is Annie's observation when she sees the dead girl who is her own age?
3. Which of Annie's friends is known as a dunce?
4. What does Annie believe will happen if she points at a dead person?
5. Who gives Annie permission to attend her classmate's funeral?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)