|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Kenneth always give Annie during her market visit?
(a) A piece of fresh liver.
(b) A sunflower.
(c) A fresh fish.
(d) An apple.
2. How old was Mrs. John when she left her parents' home?
3. What can Annie see in the distance from her family's vacation home?
(a) A furniture store.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) The produce market.
(d) A guava tree.
4. In Chapter 1, what has almost everyone else at school seen that Annie has not?
(a) A dead person.
(b) An Obeah woman.
(c) A television set.
(d) A famous person.
5. What is the typical summer lunch at Annie's house?
(a) Fish patties and salsa.
(b) Soup and sandwhich.
(c) A sandwhich made of fresh market cold cuts.
(d) Pumpkin soup, banana fritters, and salt fish with tomatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Annie say her life starts to change?
2. Where does the John family stay during summer holiday?
3. How old is Annie in Chapter 1?
4. What do Annie and her mother add to their "special" baths?
5. How is the community notified of a death?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)