|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie believe has happened to her relationship with Gwen in Chapter 6?
(a) She has no idea.
(b) She is both smarter and more mature than Gwen.
(c) She is more mature than Gwen.
(d) She is smarter than Gwen.
2. What upsets Annie when she and her mother visit the fabric store in Chapter 2?
(a) They don't have enough matching fabric.
(b) They don't buy matching fabric for dresses.
(c) Her mom picks out ugly fabric.
(d) Annie doesn't want to go to the fabric store.
3. Who does Mrs. John want to consult regarding Annie's illness in Chapter 7?
(a) Ma Crown.
(b) Ma Jolie.
(c) Ma Chess.
(d) Ma John.
4. Where does the Obeah woman put cross marks in Chapter 7?
(a) On Annie's feet, knees, stomach, armpits and forehead.
(b) On Annie's feet and hands.
(c) On Annie's feet, stomach and forehead.
(d) On all the doors in the house.
5. What does Annie choose as the focus of her assignment?
(a) The trips she and her mother took to the market.
(b) The trip she made to Dominica.
(c) The trips she and her mother took to Rat Island.
(d) Living in their summer home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Kenneth's gift to Annie please Mrs. John?
2. What is the reason for the new girl's trouble in the subject in Chapter 5?
3. Where is the island on which this story takes place?
4. Where is Annie's family living when the daughter of her mother's friend dies?
5. What can Annie see in the distance from her family's vacation home?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)