|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Annie sent home from school one day in Chapter 3?
(a) She falls and breaks her arm.
(b) She is caught playing marbles.
(c) She faints in class.
(d) She gets into a fight.
2. In Chapter 3, what does Mrs. John say is to blame for Annie's bad dreams?
(a) Eating spicy foods.
(b) Eating unripe fruit before bed.
(c) Worrying about making friends.
(d) Worrying too much about death.
3. What does Annie accidentally see that disturbs her greatly?
(a) A girl that was unruly.
(b) Her dead uncle.
(c) Her parents making love.
(d) A dead bird.
4. For what reason does Annie and her mother take the "special" baths?
(a) To ward off bad spirits detected by the Obeah woman.
(b) To make their skin soft.
(c) For a special, relaxing spa treatment.
(d) As part of aroma-therapy.
5. Why doesn't Annie like the essays her classmates write in Chapter 3?
(a) They are based on true stories.
(b) They are frivolous and superficial.
(c) They are not factual.
(d) They are too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the John family stay during summer holiday?
2. Who wants to vex Annie and her mother?
3. Who bathes and dresses Nalda for her funeral?
4. What is the typical summer lunch at Annie's house?
5. What does Annie choose as the focus of her assignment?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)