|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. John bathe in cold water?
(a) Cold water doesn't irritate his skin.
(b) Cold water soothes the bruises he gets from work.
(c) There's no way to heat the water.
(d) He believes it will strengthen his back.
2. What does Annie's mother teach her at the market?
(a) How to buy the best fish, fruit, and butter.
(b) Which grains to buy for their special bath.
(c) How to negotiate a better price.
(d) How to sell crafts they make together.
3. Who are the two girls Annie befriends at her new school in Chapter 2?
(a) Albertine and Gweneth.
(b) Alberta and Gwendolyn
(c) Ruth and Sonia.
(d) Amy and Sonia
4. What does Annie's textbook picture in Chapter 5?
(a) Columbus setting sail on the Mayflower.
(b) Columbus shaking hands with the king.
(c) Columbus talking with Native Americans.
(d) Columbus shackled.
5. What excuses does Annie use to sneak away to meet her new friend in Chapter 4?
(a) Needs to meet Gwen to study.
(b) Needs to meet Sonia at the library for an art project.
(c) Needs to go for a jog.
(d) Needs to stretch her legs or do onsite research for art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Annie's observation when she sees the dead girl who is her own age?
2. Why doesn't Annie like the essays her classmates write in Chapter 3?
3. In which chapter does the reader learn Annie's name?
4. Why is Annie so intrigued by the new friend she meets in Chapter 4?
5. What does Annie choose as the focus of her assignment?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)