1. Where does the John family stay during summer holiday?
(a) On a house boat.
(b) House on Fort Road.
(c) House on Fort Bay Street.
(d) House on Dickenson Bay Street.
2. What can Annie see in the distance from her family's vacation home?
(a) A furniture store.
(b) A guava tree.
(c) The produce market.
(d) A cemetery.
3. What is Annie obsessed with in Chapter 1?
(d) Playing marbles.
4. Who builds Nalda's coffin?
(a) Mr. John.
(b) Nalda's mother.
(c) Nalda's father.
(d) The mortician.
5. Who bathes and dresses Nalda for her funeral?
(a) The Obeah woman.
(b) Mrs. John.
(d) Nalda's own mother.
6. Why won't Annie let her mother touch her?
(a) Because she bathed and dressed the dead girl.
(b) Because she burned her hand.
(c) Because she has a wart that was a vex on her.
(d) Because she hasn't washed her hands.
7. Which of Annie's friends is known as a dunce?
This section contains 4,980 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)