1. Where does the John family stay during summer holiday?
(a) House on Fort Road.
(b) House on Dickenson Bay Street.
(c) House on Fort Bay Street.
(d) On a house boat.
2. What can Annie see in the distance from her family's vacation home?
(a) A furniture store.
(b) A guava tree.
(c) The produce market.
(d) A cemetery.
3. What is Annie obsessed with in Chapter 1?
(a) Playing marbles.
4. Who builds Nalda's coffin?
(a) Nalda's father.
(b) Nalda's mother.
(c) The mortician.
(d) Mr. John.
5. Who bathes and dresses Nalda for her funeral?
(a) The Obeah woman.
(b) Nalda's own mother.
(c) Mrs. John.
6. Why won't Annie let her mother touch her?
(a) Because she burned her hand.
(b) Because she bathed and dressed the dead girl.
(c) Because she hasn't washed her hands.
(d) Because she has a wart that was a vex on her.
7. Which of Annie's friends is known as a dunce?
This section contains 4,980 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)