* A 10-year-old girl thinks about death and dying as the family stays at another home while their roof is being repaired.
* From the yard of the girl's house, she can see a cemetery and specks of people in the distance.
* The girl's mother explains that when the people are at the cemetery early in the morning, they are burying children.
* The girl expresses her fear of dead people.
* The girl and her family move back to their house on Dickinson Bay Street -- no cemetery in sight.
* Nalda, the daughter of her mother's friend, dies.
* The girl's father builds Nalda's coffin.
* The girl's mother bathes and dresses Nalda for burial since undertakers won't dress children.
* The girl's best friend, Sonia, is a dunce, but the girl helps her with homework and spelling her own name.
* The girl buys Sonia treats with money she takes from her mother's...
This section contains 1,698 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)