|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the super news that Anne shares on July 21?
2. Who has disappeared?
3. Which is NOT one of the ways that people suggest preparing for the invasion?
4. What is the title Anne would choose for her diary?
5. What is the favorite subject of Koophuis and Henk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
2. What is The Free Netherlands and what does this group do?
3. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
4. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
5. What does Anne think Peter's problem is? And what does she think of this problem?
6. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
7. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
8. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
9. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
10. Why is Anne upset with her mother on March 17, 1944? What things is Mrs. Frank asking of her daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the things that stands out about Anne's diary is its constant referral to her depression and her problems with feeLing blue. Bring confined in the small space for over two years, Anne and the rest of the occupants seem to come up with their own ways of handling the pressures.
1. How does Anne cope with her depression?
2. How do others in the Annexe deal with the stress and anxiety?
Essay Topic 2
Anne seems to know a lot about the history of the area, as well as of the events which are taking place in the world around them.
1. What happens at the beginning of the story that causes the Franks to changes their lives?
2. Why does Mr. Frank decide it's time to go into hiding?
3. What sources of information does Anne and the other occupants of the Annexe have?
Essay Topic 3
Why do Miep, Elli, and Mr. Koophuis all willingly decide to help the Franks and the other occupants in the hiding place? What do they gain from helping? What do they stand to lose?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)