|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Dussel always talk?
2. About what did the report on Dutch News from London talk?
3. Who doesn't believe that the big men, the capitalists, and the politicians are guilty of the war?
4. What happens to Anne's papers?
5. Who has disappeared?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
2. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
3. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
4. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
5. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
6. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
7. Describe the scene with Bosche and Peter.
8. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
9. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
10. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne's thoughts on the the opposite sex change vastly from the beginning of the diary to the end.
1. What are Anne's thoughts and feelings about boys in the beginning?
2. What does she feel about boys as the diary progresses?
Essay Topic 2
Hiding in the secret area meant changing the way that everyone was used to living. Give examples of different ways that each of the following were affected by being in hiding:
Essay Topic 3
Why are Mrs. Frank and Mrs. Van Daan so upset with each other all the time? What makes them so different? And what makes them similar?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)