|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Anne's father to be upset with her?
2. What do Anne and Peter finally do on April 28th?
3. What can't Anne understand?
4. What does Henk talk about to the family?
5. What is Anne holding to her face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter joke about that disturbs Anne? Why does this bother her?
2. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
3. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
4. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
5. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
6. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
7. With more invasion talk everyday, rumors begin to fly as to what will happen if the English invade Holland. What do the papers think Germany will do to protect their claim to Holland?
8. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
9. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
10. Describe the scene with Bosche and Peter.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Not only do the occupants have to worry about being caught, but they also have to worry about thieves coming to steal their food and money.
1. How many times do the thieves come?
2. What do they steal?
3. Why is everyone worried about the thieves?
4. What are everyone's reactions to these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
Anne's thoughts on the the opposite sex change vastly from the beginning of the diary to the end.
1. What are Anne's thoughts and feelings about boys in the beginning?
2. What does she feel about boys as the diary progresses?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Frank is leader of the Annexe group, helping to make decisions and to sort out troubles.
1. What makes him a good choice for this role?
2. Who else would have made a good leader?
3. What makes Mr. Frank a poor choice for this role?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)