|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Frank's advice to Anne?
2. What does Mr. Van Daan do to cope with the stresses of his life?
3. What are food cycles?
4. What has the Court forbidden from digging?
5. What did Peter do on Margot's birthday that was out of character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
2. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
3. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
4. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
5. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
6. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
7. What does Peter joke about that disturbs Anne? Why does this bother her?
8. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
9. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
10. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne is very quick to point out the unfairness in the world around her. Give five examples of the unfairness she sees in her surroundings as well as in the outside world. Additionally, describe how each of these injustices affect Anne directly.
Essay Topic 2
Writing and communication are important parts of Anne's life, from her dream to be a journalist to her later comments about wanting to record events.
1. How does Anne change from the beginning of her diary to the end in relation to her writing?
2. How does Anne's communication with others change?
3. How does Anne use writing to change the inner world of the Annexe and her relationships?
4. Why does she even write in the first place?
Essay Topic 3
Anne is growing into a woman as the pages of her diary progress, but it doesn't seem that Anne is happy with how this is happening.
1. What are some of the main events what take place in Anne's transformation into a woman?
2. How does Anne see herself growing up?
3. What are Margot's expectations of Anne?
4. What are Mrs. Frank's expectations?
5. What are Mr. Frank's expectations?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)