|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the super news that Anne shares on July 21?
2. For what has Anne developed a great love?
3. What does Mr. Van Daan do to cope with the stresses of his life?
4. Why are Dussel and Mr. Van Daan not speaking?
5. Why are people talking about different ways of preparing themselves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne has a very different relationship with each of her parents. Compare and contrast her relationships with each, and discuss how these relationships change over the course of their time in hiding.
Essay Topic 2
Anne believed that people should have rebelled against Hitler as the injustices began to reveal themselves. This brings up a good point about accountability in the face of evil.
1. Why didn't more people stand up to Hitler and the SS?
2. Was hiding people active resistance or simply a fearful reaction?
3. What, if anything, could those hiding in the Annexe have done to fight the rise of Hitler?
Essay Topic 3
Hiding in the secret area meant changing the way that everyone was used to living. Give examples of different ways that each of the following were affected by being in hiding:
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)