|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With who did Anne think Peter used to be in love?
2. What does Anne call Peter Wessel?
3. What is Anne's greatest wish in life?
4. Who doesn't believe that the big men, the capitalists, and the politicians are guilty of the war?
5. What is Mrs. Van Daan's outlook on the war at the moment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
2. What does Peter joke about that disturbs Anne? Why does this bother her?
3. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
4. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
5. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
6. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
7. What is The Free Netherlands and what does this group do?
8. Describe the scene with Bosche and Peter.
9. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
10. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the things that stands out about Anne's diary is its constant referral to her depression and her problems with feeLing blue. Bring confined in the small space for over two years, Anne and the rest of the occupants seem to come up with their own ways of handling the pressures.
1. How does Anne cope with her depression?
2. How do others in the Annexe deal with the stress and anxiety?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Frank is leader of the Annexe group, helping to make decisions and to sort out troubles.
1. What makes him a good choice for this role?
2. Who else would have made a good leader?
3. What makes Mr. Frank a poor choice for this role?
Essay Topic 3
Anne is concerned about her friends and their whereabouts as well as their health.
1. Who does she dream about and what does this dream include?
2. Who are her friends and what do they mean to her?
3. Anne meets up with Lies again when they are in the concentration camp together. While they haven't been friends for a while, this brings them together and reminds them of their friendship. What happens when they see each other again?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)