|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter say are "first rate" to Anne?
2. What causes Anne's father to be upset with her?
3. With who did Anne think Peter used to be in love?
4. How does Anne describe her hair?
5. What is Anne's greatest wish in life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
2. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
3. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
4. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
5. Describe the scene with Bosche and Peter.
6. What does Anne think Peter's problem is? And what does she think of this problem?
7. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
8. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
9. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
10. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Being so close together, tensions often flared in the Annexe. But since Anne is the only reporter of these tensions, it's hard to see how others felt about her.
1. What do you think Mrs. Van Daan felt about Anne? Why?
2. What do you think Mrs. Frank felt about Anne? Why?
3. What do you think Peter felt about Anne? Why?
4. What do you think Mr. Dussel thought about Anne? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Anne is growing into a woman as the pages of her diary progress, but it doesn't seem that Anne is happy with how this is happening.
1. What are some of the main events what take place in Anne's transformation into a woman?
2. How does Anne see herself growing up?
3. What are Margot's expectations of Anne?
4. What are Mrs. Frank's expectations?
5. What are Mr. Frank's expectations?
Essay Topic 3
Anne believed that people should have rebelled against Hitler as the injustices began to reveal themselves. This brings up a good point about accountability in the face of evil.
1. Why didn't more people stand up to Hitler and the SS?
2. Was hiding people active resistance or simply a fearful reaction?
3. What, if anything, could those hiding in the Annexe have done to fight the rise of Hitler?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)