|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Dussel always talk?
2. What is the one thing Anne notices about Peter?
3. Who is the most optimistic about the war's progress?
4. What does Anne realize that Peter needs?
5. What does Peter forget to do that causes Kraler to become mad at him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
2. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
3. Describe the scene with Bosche and Peter.
4. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
5. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
6. What happened to cause Anne to have an outburst about an "incalculable loss?" What did she do to salvage this loss.
7. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
8. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
9. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
10. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne is growing into a woman as the pages of her diary progress, but it doesn't seem that Anne is happy with how this is happening.
1. What are some of the main events what take place in Anne's transformation into a woman?
2. How does Anne see herself growing up?
3. What are Margot's expectations of Anne?
4. What are Mrs. Frank's expectations?
5. What are Mr. Frank's expectations?
Essay Topic 2
Being so close together, tensions often flared in the Annexe. But since Anne is the only reporter of these tensions, it's hard to see how others felt about her.
1. What do you think Mrs. Van Daan felt about Anne? Why?
2. What do you think Mrs. Frank felt about Anne? Why?
3. What do you think Peter felt about Anne? Why?
4. What do you think Mr. Dussel thought about Anne? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Anne believed that people should have rebelled against Hitler as the injustices began to reveal themselves. This brings up a good point about accountability in the face of evil.
1. Why didn't more people stand up to Hitler and the SS?
2. Was hiding people active resistance or simply a fearful reaction?
3. What, if anything, could those hiding in the Annexe have done to fight the rise of Hitler?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)