|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Anne's father to be upset with her?
2. What does Kraler bring with him on Mondays?
3. About what does Dussel always talk?
4. With who did Anne think Peter used to be in love?
5. Anne and Peter talk about whether or not to tell Mr. Frank. Who is chosen to talk to Mr. Frank about their relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. With more invasion talk everyday, rumors begin to fly as to what will happen if the English invade Holland. What do the papers think Germany will do to protect their claim to Holland?
2. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
3. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
4. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
5. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
6. Why is Anne upset with her mother on March 17, 1944? What things is Mrs. Frank asking of her daughter?
7. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
8. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
9. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
10. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of her diary, Anne has romantic thoughts about love, and she lists a number of crushes she has. How does her outlook on love change as she lives in the Annexe? Focus specifically on her relationship with Peter.
Also, why does she start to combine her relationship with Peter Wessel with Peter Van Daan? How does this seem to help her manage her feelings about both boys?
Essay Topic 2
Writing and communication are important parts of Anne's life, from her dream to be a journalist to her later comments about wanting to record events.
1. How does Anne change from the beginning of her diary to the end in relation to her writing?
2. How does Anne's communication with others change?
3. How does Anne use writing to change the inner world of the Annexe and her relationships?
4. Why does she even write in the first place?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Frank is leader of the Annexe group, helping to make decisions and to sort out troubles.
1. What makes him a good choice for this role?
2. Who else would have made a good leader?
3. What makes Mr. Frank a poor choice for this role?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)