|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anne's greatest wish in life?
2. What do neither Anne nor Peter do?
3. With who did Anne think Peter used to be in love?
4. What is the one thing Peter admires about Anne?
5. What book is everyone reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
2. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
3. What does Anne think Peter's problem is? And what does she think of this problem?
4. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
5. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
6. What does Peter joke about that disturbs Anne? Why does this bother her?
7. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
8. What is The Free Netherlands and what does this group do?
9. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
10. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne is growing into a woman as the pages of her diary progress, but it doesn't seem that Anne is happy with how this is happening.
1. What are some of the main events what take place in Anne's transformation into a woman?
2. How does Anne see herself growing up?
3. What are Margot's expectations of Anne?
4. What are Mrs. Frank's expectations?
5. What are Mr. Frank's expectations?
Essay Topic 2
One of the things that stands out about Anne's diary is its constant referral to her depression and her problems with feeLing blue. Bring confined in the small space for over two years, Anne and the rest of the occupants seem to come up with their own ways of handling the pressures.
1. How does Anne cope with her depression?
2. How do others in the Annexe deal with the stress and anxiety?
Essay Topic 3
While Anne's diary speaks about injustices done to her as she lives among everyone, she also shares a lot of the blame for conflicts which take place.
1. What might annoy others about Anne?
2. What does Anne do that might cause more conflict than necessary?
3. How does Anne mature as the diary goes on?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)