|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are people talking about different ways of preparing themselves?
2. While Anne does not enjoy the frequent discussions of politics, there is one thing she believes to be perfect about the political situation. What is it?
3. What do the occupants of the hiding place think the burglar has?
4. What can't Anne understand?
5. What makes Anne very happy on April 16th?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
2. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
3. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
4. What happened to cause Anne to have an outburst about an "incalculable loss?" What did she do to salvage this loss.
5. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
6. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
7. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
8. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
9. On February 12, 1944, Anne's mood changes and the reader sees some of the most positive writing of the entire diary. To what does Anne compare herself?
10. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne has a very different relationship with each of her parents. Compare and contrast her relationships with each, and discuss how these relationships change over the course of their time in hiding.
Essay Topic 2
While Anne's diary speaks about injustices done to her as she lives among everyone, she also shares a lot of the blame for conflicts which take place.
1. What might annoy others about Anne?
2. What does Anne do that might cause more conflict than necessary?
3. How does Anne mature as the diary goes on?
Essay Topic 3
Anne is growing into a woman as the pages of her diary progress, but it doesn't seem that Anne is happy with how this is happening.
1. What are some of the main events what take place in Anne's transformation into a woman?
2. How does Anne see herself growing up?
3. What are Margot's expectations of Anne?
4. What are Mrs. Frank's expectations?
5. What are Mr. Frank's expectations?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)