|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Anne's father to be upset with her?
2. What do neither Anne nor Peter do?
3. Who was picked up for having two Jews in his house?
4. While Anne does not enjoy the frequent discussions of politics, there is one thing she believes to be perfect about the political situation. What is it?
5. What are the newspapers publishing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is The Free Netherlands and what does this group do?
2. Anne has changed in this first section of March 7. How has she changed?
3. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
4. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
5. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
6. What does Anne think Peter's problem is? And what does she think of this problem?
7. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
8. What happened to cause Anne to have an outburst about an "incalculable loss?" What did she do to salvage this loss.
9. On February 12, 1944, Anne's mood changes and the reader sees some of the most positive writing of the entire diary. To what does Anne compare herself?
10. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne is very quick to point out the unfairness in the world around her. Give five examples of the unfairness she sees in her surroundings as well as in the outside world. Additionally, describe how each of these injustices affect Anne directly.
Essay Topic 2
Food is an important part of the power struggle in the Annexe.
1. Give examples of how the dwindling rations affected the occupants of the Annexe.
2. Mrs. Van Daan is thought to be having more than her share. How does this affect everyone else?
3. What do the occupants do to get more food?
Essay Topic 3
Being so close together, tensions often flared in the Annexe. But since Anne is the only reporter of these tensions, it's hard to see how others felt about her.
1. What do you think Mrs. Van Daan felt about Anne? Why?
2. What do you think Mrs. Frank felt about Anne? Why?
3. What do you think Peter felt about Anne? Why?
4. What do you think Mr. Dussel thought about Anne? Why?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)