|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Van Daan's outlook on the war at the moment?
2. What does Henk talk about to the family?
3. What was Peter not doing that evening that he would have time to talk with Anne?
4. What does Anne feel is the best remedy for those who are angry, lonely, or unhappy?
5. Who is the most optimistic about the war's progress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
2. What does Anne think Peter's problem is? And what does she think of this problem?
3. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
4. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
5. With more invasion talk everyday, rumors begin to fly as to what will happen if the English invade Holland. What do the papers think Germany will do to protect their claim to Holland?
6. What is The Free Netherlands and what does this group do?
7. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
8. Anne has changed in this first section of March 7. How has she changed?
9. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
10. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Anne's diary speaks about injustices done to her as she lives among everyone, she also shares a lot of the blame for conflicts which take place.
1. What might annoy others about Anne?
2. What does Anne do that might cause more conflict than necessary?
3. How does Anne mature as the diary goes on?
Essay Topic 2
Anne is very quick to point out the unfairness in the world around her. Give five examples of the unfairness she sees in her surroundings as well as in the outside world. Additionally, describe how each of these injustices affect Anne directly.
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Frank is leader of the Annexe group, helping to make decisions and to sort out troubles.
1. What makes him a good choice for this role?
2. Who else would have made a good leader?
3. What makes Mr. Frank a poor choice for this role?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)