|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color eyes does Peter have?
2. What is Mrs. Frank's wish?
3. How does Peter learn about this?
4. Why is Anne holding the answer to #134 to her face?
5. Who asks is they can trust Peter and Anne alone in the attic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
2. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
3. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
4. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
5. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
6. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
7. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
8. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
9. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
10. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Not only do the occupants have to worry about being caught, but they also have to worry about thieves coming to steal their food and money.
1. How many times do the thieves come?
2. What do they steal?
3. Why is everyone worried about the thieves?
4. What are everyone's reactions to these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
One of the things that stands out about Anne's diary is its constant referral to her depression and her problems with feeLing blue. Bring confined in the small space for over two years, Anne and the rest of the occupants seem to come up with their own ways of handling the pressures.
1. How does Anne cope with her depression?
2. How do others in the Annexe deal with the stress and anxiety?
Essay Topic 3
Why do Miep, Elli, and Mr. Koophuis all willingly decide to help the Franks and the other occupants in the hiding place? What do they gain from helping? What do they stand to lose?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)