|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't those hiding in the secret hiding area use the water?
2. Who doesn't believe that the big men, the capitalists, and the politicians are guilty of the war?
3. What does Anne feel is the best remedy for those who are angry, lonely, or unhappy?
4. What is Mr. Frank's advice to Anne?
5. Why does Anne think Peter and she are not so different?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
2. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
3. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
4. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
5. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
6. Anne has changed in this first section of March 7. How has she changed?
7. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
8. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
9. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
10. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Anne try to become closer to Peter Van Daan in the first place? Is it because of fear of not growing up and finding love? Or does Anne have other motivations for bringing Peter into her world?
What about Peter? What are his motivations for being with Anne, if only for a little while?
Essay Topic 2
One of the things that stands out about Anne's diary is its constant referral to her depression and her problems with feeLing blue. Bring confined in the small space for over two years, Anne and the rest of the occupants seem to come up with their own ways of handling the pressures.
1. How does Anne cope with her depression?
2. How do others in the Annexe deal with the stress and anxiety?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Frank is leader of the Annexe group, helping to make decisions and to sort out troubles.
1. What makes him a good choice for this role?
2. Who else would have made a good leader?
3. What makes Mr. Frank a poor choice for this role?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)