|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Anne holding the answer to #134 to her face?
2. What has the Court forbidden from digging?
3. What is Anne holding to her face?
4. What do the gentlemen do as they sit around listening to the radio?
5. What is Mr. Frank's advice to Anne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene with Bosche and Peter.
2. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
3. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
4. Anne has changed in this first section of March 7. How has she changed?
5. On February 12, 1944, Anne's mood changes and the reader sees some of the most positive writing of the entire diary. To what does Anne compare herself?
6. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
7. Why is Anne upset with her mother on March 17, 1944? What things is Mrs. Frank asking of her daughter?
8. Anne sees herself as a bundle of contradictions and as having a dual personality. How does she describe her two selves?
9. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
10. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Frank is leader of the Annexe group, helping to make decisions and to sort out troubles.
1. What makes him a good choice for this role?
2. Who else would have made a good leader?
3. What makes Mr. Frank a poor choice for this role?
Essay Topic 2
One of the things that stands out about Anne's diary is its constant referral to her depression and her problems with feeLing blue. Bring confined in the small space for over two years, Anne and the rest of the occupants seem to come up with their own ways of handling the pressures.
1. How does Anne cope with her depression?
2. How do others in the Annexe deal with the stress and anxiety?
Essay Topic 3
Anne is concerned about her friends and their whereabouts as well as their health.
1. Who does she dream about and what does this dream include?
2. Who are her friends and what do they mean to her?
3. Anne meets up with Lies again when they are in the concentration camp together. While they haven't been friends for a while, this brings them together and reminds them of their friendship. What happens when they see each other again?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)