|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Anne beginning to long?
2. Who was twisting and turning the knobs during "Immortal Music of the German Masters?"
3. Anne and Peter talk about whether or not to tell Mr. Frank. Who is chosen to talk to Mr. Frank about their relationship?
4. What do the gentlemen do as they sit around listening to the radio?
5. What is Mrs. Frank's wish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
2. Anne sees herself as a bundle of contradictions and as having a dual personality. How does she describe her two selves?
3. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
4. With more invasion talk everyday, rumors begin to fly as to what will happen if the English invade Holland. What do the papers think Germany will do to protect their claim to Holland?
5. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
6. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
7. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
8. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
9. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
10. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Anne's Jewish faith help her as she grows up in the Annexe? How does it hurt her? In general, how do the occupants of the Annexe use faith to help them make it through the long days and years?
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of her diary, Anne has romantic thoughts about love, and she lists a number of crushes she has. How does her outlook on love change as she lives in the Annexe? Focus specifically on her relationship with Peter.
Also, why does she start to combine her relationship with Peter Wessel with Peter Van Daan? How does this seem to help her manage her feelings about both boys?
Essay Topic 3
Anne believed that people should have rebelled against Hitler as the injustices began to reveal themselves. This brings up a good point about accountability in the face of evil.
1. Why didn't more people stand up to Hitler and the SS?
2. Was hiding people active resistance or simply a fearful reaction?
3. What, if anything, could those hiding in the Annexe have done to fight the rise of Hitler?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)