|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are food cycles?
2. What is Mrs. Van Daan's outlook on the war at the moment?
3. What did Peter do on Margot's birthday that was out of character?
4. What happens to Anne's papers?
5. What do neither Anne nor Peter do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
2. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
3. What does Anne think Peter's problem is? And what does she think of this problem?
4. Why is Anne upset with her mother on March 17, 1944? What things is Mrs. Frank asking of her daughter?
5. With more invasion talk everyday, rumors begin to fly as to what will happen if the English invade Holland. What do the papers think Germany will do to protect their claim to Holland?
6. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
7. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
8. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
9. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
10. Anne has changed in this first section of March 7. How has she changed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Anne's Jewish faith help her as she grows up in the Annexe? How does it hurt her? In general, how do the occupants of the Annexe use faith to help them make it through the long days and years?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Anne try to become closer to Peter Van Daan in the first place? Is it because of fear of not growing up and finding love? Or does Anne have other motivations for bringing Peter into her world?
What about Peter? What are his motivations for being with Anne, if only for a little while?
Essay Topic 3
Anne is growing into a woman as the pages of her diary progress, but it doesn't seem that Anne is happy with how this is happening.
1. What are some of the main events what take place in Anne's transformation into a woman?
2. How does Anne see herself growing up?
3. What are Margot's expectations of Anne?
4. What are Mrs. Frank's expectations?
5. What are Mr. Frank's expectations?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)