|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Dussel always talk?
2. What is Anne holding to her face?
3. About what do Mummy and Mrs. Van Daan always talk?
4. What does Anne do to try to stop thinking?
5. What do the occupants of the hiding place think the burglar has?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
2. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
3. With more invasion talk everyday, rumors begin to fly as to what will happen if the English invade Holland. What do the papers think Germany will do to protect their claim to Holland?
4. What is The Free Netherlands and what does this group do?
5. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
6. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
7. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
8. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
9. Anne sees herself as a bundle of contradictions and as having a dual personality. How does she describe her two selves?
10. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Not only do the occupants have to worry about being caught, but they also have to worry about thieves coming to steal their food and money.
1. How many times do the thieves come?
2. What do they steal?
3. Why is everyone worried about the thieves?
4. What are everyone's reactions to these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
Why do Miep, Elli, and Mr. Koophuis all willingly decide to help the Franks and the other occupants in the hiding place? What do they gain from helping? What do they stand to lose?
Essay Topic 3
Anne has a very different relationship with each of her parents. Compare and contrast her relationships with each, and discuss how these relationships change over the course of their time in hiding.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)