|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter think would be easier to be?
2. What color eyes does Peter have?
3. What has the Court forbidden from digging?
4. Of which Peter does Anne dream?
5. Who was twisting and turning the knobs during "Immortal Music of the German Masters?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
2. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
3. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
4. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
5. With more invasion talk everyday, rumors begin to fly as to what will happen if the English invade Holland. What do the papers think Germany will do to protect their claim to Holland?
6. What does Anne think Peter's problem is? And what does she think of this problem?
7. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
8. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
9. Anne sees herself as a bundle of contradictions and as having a dual personality. How does she describe her two selves?
10. What is The Free Netherlands and what does this group do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Frank is leader of the Annexe group, helping to make decisions and to sort out troubles.
1. What makes him a good choice for this role?
2. Who else would have made a good leader?
3. What makes Mr. Frank a poor choice for this role?
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of her diary, Anne has romantic thoughts about love, and she lists a number of crushes she has. How does her outlook on love change as she lives in the Annexe? Focus specifically on her relationship with Peter.
Also, why does she start to combine her relationship with Peter Wessel with Peter Van Daan? How does this seem to help her manage her feelings about both boys?
Essay Topic 3
Anne seems to know a lot about the history of the area, as well as of the events which are taking place in the world around them.
1. What happens at the beginning of the story that causes the Franks to changes their lives?
2. Why does Mr. Frank decide it's time to go into hiding?
3. What sources of information does Anne and the other occupants of the Annexe have?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)