|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are food cycles?
2. What does Anne call Peter Wessel?
3. What does Mr. Frank lose on a bet with Mrs. Van Daan?
4. What did Peter do on Margot's birthday that was out of character?
5. For what is Anne beginning to long?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter joke about that disturbs Anne? Why does this bother her?
2. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
3. On February 12, 1944, Anne's mood changes and the reader sees some of the most positive writing of the entire diary. To what does Anne compare herself?
4. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
5. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
6. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
7. With more invasion talk everyday, rumors begin to fly as to what will happen if the English invade Holland. What do the papers think Germany will do to protect their claim to Holland?
8. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
9. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
10. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Anne's diary speaks about injustices done to her as she lives among everyone, she also shares a lot of the blame for conflicts which take place.
1. What might annoy others about Anne?
2. What does Anne do that might cause more conflict than necessary?
3. How does Anne mature as the diary goes on?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Frank is leader of the Annexe group, helping to make decisions and to sort out troubles.
1. What makes him a good choice for this role?
2. Who else would have made a good leader?
3. What makes Mr. Frank a poor choice for this role?
Essay Topic 3
Anne's thoughts on the the opposite sex change vastly from the beginning of the diary to the end.
1. What are Anne's thoughts and feelings about boys in the beginning?
2. What does she feel about boys as the diary progresses?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)