|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anne go to school?
2. Who has been told that they don't look well at all?
3. Who is the new person that the hiding place will include?
4. What French book is Anne attempting to read?
5. What does Anne give to her father for his birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
2. Describe some of Anne's difficulties with her new male roommate.
3. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
4. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
5. Describe the Secret Annexe.
6. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
7. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
8. Why do the occupants of the Annexe celebrate both St. Nicolas Day and Chanuka?
9. Anne believes it's very important to write in code and takes measures to learn to do so. What does she sign up for?
10. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Not only do the occupants have to worry about being caught, but they also have to worry about thieves coming to steal their food and money.
1. How many times do the thieves come?
2. What do they steal?
3. Why is everyone worried about the thieves?
4. What are everyone's reactions to these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
Hiding in the secret area meant changing the way that everyone was used to living. Give examples of different ways that each of the following were affected by being in hiding:
Essay Topic 3
Being so close together, tensions often flared in the Annexe. But since Anne is the only reporter of these tensions, it's hard to see how others felt about her.
1. What do you think Mrs. Van Daan felt about Anne? Why?
2. What do you think Mrs. Frank felt about Anne? Why?
3. What do you think Peter felt about Anne? Why?
4. What do you think Mr. Dussel thought about Anne? Why?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)