|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following IS a rule for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
2. Who says, "I don't want to be cross, love can not be forced?"
3. What is the name of Mrs. Koophuis' daughter?
4. Who is NOT going to take shorthand?
5. Who is the person Anne sees in her dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
2. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
3. Describe the Secret Annexe.
4. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
5. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
6. The Jews are restricted in many ways during this time of the second World Wars. What are some of the restrictions that Anne acknowledges?
7. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
8. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
9. At school, what does Anne bring for her classmates?
10. Describe Anne's impressions of Mrs. Van Daan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Anne's Jewish faith help her as she grows up in the Annexe? How does it hurt her? In general, how do the occupants of the Annexe use faith to help them make it through the long days and years?
Essay Topic 2
Anne's thoughts on the the opposite sex change vastly from the beginning of the diary to the end.
1. What are Anne's thoughts and feelings about boys in the beginning?
2. What does she feel about boys as the diary progresses?
Essay Topic 3
Food is an important part of the power struggle in the Annexe.
1. Give examples of how the dwindling rations affected the occupants of the Annexe.
2. Mrs. Van Daan is thought to be having more than her share. How does this affect everyone else?
3. What do the occupants do to get more food?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)