|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a call-up notice?
2. What does Mrs. Van Daan bring with her because she doesn't feel at home without it?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Koophuis' daughter?
4. Why does the electricity have to go off for two weeks?
5. Who is Dussel's first client?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene with Mr. Van Daan and the sausage.
2. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
3. Why do the occupants of the Annexe celebrate both St. Nicolas Day and Chanuka?
4. At school, what does Anne bring for her classmates?
5. The Jews are restricted in many ways during this time of the second World Wars. What are some of the restrictions that Anne acknowledges?
6. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
7. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
8. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
9. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
10. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne's thoughts on the the opposite sex change vastly from the beginning of the diary to the end.
1. What are Anne's thoughts and feelings about boys in the beginning?
2. What does she feel about boys as the diary progresses?
Essay Topic 2
Not only do the occupants have to worry about being caught, but they also have to worry about thieves coming to steal their food and money.
1. How many times do the thieves come?
2. What do they steal?
3. Why is everyone worried about the thieves?
4. What are everyone's reactions to these incidents?
Essay Topic 3
Why do Miep, Elli, and Mr. Koophuis all willingly decide to help the Franks and the other occupants in the hiding place? What do they gain from helping? What do they stand to lose?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)