|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dussel's first client?
2. Why does the electricity have to go off for two weeks?
3. What did Anne NOT receive?
4. What does Anne mean by shank's mare?
5. Who died in 1942, who Anne says she misses terribly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
2. What does Anne receive for her birthday?
3. Describe Anne's dream about Lies.
4. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
5. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
6. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
7. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
8. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
9. Describe the scene with Mr. Van Daan and the sausage.
10. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of her diary, Anne has romantic thoughts about love, and she lists a number of crushes she has. How does her outlook on love change as she lives in the Annexe? Focus specifically on her relationship with Peter.
Also, why does she start to combine her relationship with Peter Wessel with Peter Van Daan? How does this seem to help her manage her feelings about both boys?
Essay Topic 2
Anne is very quick to point out the unfairness in the world around her. Give five examples of the unfairness she sees in her surroundings as well as in the outside world. Additionally, describe how each of these injustices affect Anne directly.
Essay Topic 3
Being so close together, tensions often flared in the Annexe. But since Anne is the only reporter of these tensions, it's hard to see how others felt about her.
1. What do you think Mrs. Van Daan felt about Anne? Why?
2. What do you think Mrs. Frank felt about Anne? Why?
3. What do you think Peter felt about Anne? Why?
4. What do you think Mr. Dussel thought about Anne? Why?
This section contains 1,695 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)