|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne give to her father for his birthday?
2. What is the reason Anne gives for starting her diary?
3. What rule is NOT true for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
4. What is sent to a chemist in South Zeeland?
5. What was the special occasion on June 12th?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
2. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
3. Describe Anne's impressions of Mrs. Van Daan.
4. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
5. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
6. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
7. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
8. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
9. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
10. What did Anne have to do when she was scolded for talking? How many times did she have to do this task?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hiding in the secret area meant changing the way that everyone was used to living. Give examples of different ways that each of the following were affected by being in hiding:
Essay Topic 2
Anne is growing into a woman as the pages of her diary progress, but it doesn't seem that Anne is happy with how this is happening.
1. What are some of the main events what take place in Anne's transformation into a woman?
2. How does Anne see herself growing up?
3. What are Margot's expectations of Anne?
4. What are Mrs. Frank's expectations?
5. What are Mr. Frank's expectations?
Essay Topic 3
Anne's thoughts on the the opposite sex change vastly from the beginning of the diary to the end.
1. What are Anne's thoughts and feelings about boys in the beginning?
2. What does she feel about boys as the diary progresses?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)