|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person that members of the secret hiding place fear now?
2. What is Westerbork?
3. What is some of the best war news they receive?
4. What does Anne decide to call her diary?
5. Who receives the call up notice at the Frank's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne receive for her birthday?
2. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
3. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
4. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
5. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
6. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
7. Anne has a favorite parent, who is it? What does Anne think of this parent's actions toward Margot?
8. What happens to Anne's fountain pen?
9. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
10. What does Anne take to help her with her depression? What does she think would help more?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of her diary, Anne has romantic thoughts about love, and she lists a number of crushes she has. How does her outlook on love change as she lives in the Annexe? Focus specifically on her relationship with Peter.
Also, why does she start to combine her relationship with Peter Wessel with Peter Van Daan? How does this seem to help her manage her feelings about both boys?
Essay Topic 2
Not only do the occupants have to worry about being caught, but they also have to worry about thieves coming to steal their food and money.
1. How many times do the thieves come?
2. What do they steal?
3. Why is everyone worried about the thieves?
4. What are everyone's reactions to these incidents?
Essay Topic 3
Anne's thoughts on the the opposite sex change vastly from the beginning of the diary to the end.
1. What are Anne's thoughts and feelings about boys in the beginning?
2. What does she feel about boys as the diary progresses?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)