|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Frank tell that she can't bear their stupid chatter anymore?
2. What is NOT one of the rules instated after burglars come?
3. What is a call-up notice?
4. What holidays arrive just one day apart in 1942?
5. What does Mrs. Van Daan bring with her because she doesn't feel at home without it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
2. At school, what does Anne bring for her classmates?
3. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
4. Describe the scene with Mr. Van Daan and the sausage.
5. Anne believes it's very important to write in code and takes measures to learn to do so. What does she sign up for?
6. What does Anne take to help her with her depression? What does she think would help more?
7. Describe Anne's impressions of Mrs. Van Daan.
8. What did Anne have to do when she was scolded for talking? How many times did she have to do this task?
9. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
10. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Writing and communication are important parts of Anne's life, from her dream to be a journalist to her later comments about wanting to record events.
1. How does Anne change from the beginning of her diary to the end in relation to her writing?
2. How does Anne's communication with others change?
3. How does Anne use writing to change the inner world of the Annexe and her relationships?
4. Why does she even write in the first place?
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of her diary, Anne has romantic thoughts about love, and she lists a number of crushes she has. How does her outlook on love change as she lives in the Annexe? Focus specifically on her relationship with Peter.
Also, why does she start to combine her relationship with Peter Wessel with Peter Van Daan? How does this seem to help her manage her feelings about both boys?
Essay Topic 3
Anne seems to know a lot about the history of the area, as well as of the events which are taking place in the world around them.
1. What happens at the beginning of the story that causes the Franks to changes their lives?
2. Why does Mr. Frank decide it's time to go into hiding?
3. What sources of information does Anne and the other occupants of the Annexe have?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)