|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person that members of the secret hiding place fear now?
2. What does Anne give to her father for his birthday?
3. What happened on Saturday afternoon?
4. What has been Anne's prized possession, before her diary?
5. What did Anne NOT receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
2. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
3. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
4. Describe some of Anne's difficulties with her new male roommate.
5. What makes Anne's hands shake terribly? What has happened at the Annexe?
6. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
7. What did Anne have to do when she was scolded for talking? How many times did she have to do this task?
8. Describe the Van Daans
9. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
10. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne's thoughts on the the opposite sex change vastly from the beginning of the diary to the end.
1. What are Anne's thoughts and feelings about boys in the beginning?
2. What does she feel about boys as the diary progresses?
Essay Topic 2
Anne believed that people should have rebelled against Hitler as the injustices began to reveal themselves. This brings up a good point about accountability in the face of evil.
1. Why didn't more people stand up to Hitler and the SS?
2. Was hiding people active resistance or simply a fearful reaction?
3. What, if anything, could those hiding in the Annexe have done to fight the rise of Hitler?
Essay Topic 3
Anne seems to know a lot about the history of the area, as well as of the events which are taking place in the world around them.
1. What happens at the beginning of the story that causes the Franks to changes their lives?
2. Why does Mr. Frank decide it's time to go into hiding?
3. What sources of information does Anne and the other occupants of the Annexe have?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)