|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Anne's prized possession?
2. What does Anne do in response to loud war noises outside?
3. What do the Gestapo say happens when hostages end up dead?
4. What is Westerbork?
5. What does Anne decide to call her diary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
2. What did Anne have to do when she was scolded for talking? How many times did she have to do this task?
3. What happens when Mrs. Van Daan is upset by the loud noises outside, but can not find her husband to calm her?
4. What happens to Anne's fountain pen?
5. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
6. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
7. With whom is Anne friends?
8. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
9. Describe the scene with Mr. Van Daan and the sausage.
10. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne seems to know a lot about the history of the area, as well as of the events which are taking place in the world around them.
1. What happens at the beginning of the story that causes the Franks to changes their lives?
2. Why does Mr. Frank decide it's time to go into hiding?
3. What sources of information does Anne and the other occupants of the Annexe have?
Essay Topic 2
Anne is concerned about her friends and their whereabouts as well as their health.
1. Who does she dream about and what does this dream include?
2. Who are her friends and what do they mean to her?
3. Anne meets up with Lies again when they are in the concentration camp together. While they haven't been friends for a while, this brings them together and reminds them of their friendship. What happens when they see each other again?
Essay Topic 3
Hiding in the secret area meant changing the way that everyone was used to living. Give examples of different ways that each of the following were affected by being in hiding:
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)