|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anne and her family do to avoid carrying bags and calling attention to themselves?
2. What did Anne NOT receive?
3. What game do Margot and Anne like to play with friends?
4. What do the Gestapo say happens when hostages end up dead?
5. What is Dussel and Anne's argument over?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
2. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
3. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
4. What did Anne have to do when she was scolded for talking? How many times did she have to do this task?
5. Anne has a favorite parent, who is it? What does Anne think of this parent's actions toward Margot?
6. Describe Anne's impressions of Mrs. Van Daan.
7. Anne believes it's very important to write in code and takes measures to learn to do so. What does she sign up for?
8. Why do the occupants of the Annexe celebrate both St. Nicolas Day and Chanuka?
9. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
10. With whom is Anne friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne is very quick to point out the unfairness in the world around her. Give five examples of the unfairness she sees in her surroundings as well as in the outside world. Additionally, describe how each of these injustices affect Anne directly.
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Frank is leader of the Annexe group, helping to make decisions and to sort out troubles.
1. What makes him a good choice for this role?
2. Who else would have made a good leader?
3. What makes Mr. Frank a poor choice for this role?
Essay Topic 3
Anne believed that people should have rebelled against Hitler as the injustices began to reveal themselves. This brings up a good point about accountability in the face of evil.
1. Why didn't more people stand up to Hitler and the SS?
2. Was hiding people active resistance or simply a fearful reaction?
3. What, if anything, could those hiding in the Annexe have done to fight the rise of Hitler?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)