|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne swallow everyday?
2. Who says, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"?
3. What time did Anne wake up on June 12th?
4. What do the occupants of the hiding place have to share?
5. When did the Franks emigrate to Holland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anne's feelings about having a diary.
2. Describe the Van Daans
3. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
4. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
5. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
6. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
7. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
8. Describe Anne's impressions of Mrs. Van Daan.
9. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
10. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hiding in the secret area meant changing the way that everyone was used to living. Give examples of different ways that each of the following were affected by being in hiding:
Essay Topic 2
Anne seems to know a lot about the history of the area, as well as of the events which are taking place in the world around them.
1. What happens at the beginning of the story that causes the Franks to changes their lives?
2. Why does Mr. Frank decide it's time to go into hiding?
3. What sources of information does Anne and the other occupants of the Annexe have?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Frank is leader of the Annexe group, helping to make decisions and to sort out troubles.
1. What makes him a good choice for this role?
2. Who else would have made a good leader?
3. What makes Mr. Frank a poor choice for this role?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)