|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Van Daans make up for the new person?
2. Who offers his bed to Mrs. Van Daan when she is frightened?
3. What does Anne think about her period?
4. What is Westerbork?
5. Which is NOT a title of an essay that Anne has to write as a punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
2. With whom is Anne friends?
3. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
4. What does Anne receive for her birthday?
5. Describe some of Anne's difficulties with her new male roommate.
6. Describe Anne's feelings about having a diary.
7. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
8. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
9. Describe the Van Daans
10. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Not only do the occupants have to worry about being caught, but they also have to worry about thieves coming to steal their food and money.
1. How many times do the thieves come?
2. What do they steal?
3. Why is everyone worried about the thieves?
4. What are everyone's reactions to these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of her diary, Anne has romantic thoughts about love, and she lists a number of crushes she has. How does her outlook on love change as she lives in the Annexe? Focus specifically on her relationship with Peter.
Also, why does she start to combine her relationship with Peter Wessel with Peter Van Daan? How does this seem to help her manage her feelings about both boys?
Essay Topic 3
Hiding in the secret area meant changing the way that everyone was used to living. Give examples of different ways that each of the following were affected by being in hiding:
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)