Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Van Daan's past job?
2. Who says, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"?
3. What does Anne do in response to loud war noises outside?
4. What does Anne say would help her more than what she swallows in #85?
5. What did Anne NOT receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
2. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
3. The Jews are restricted in many ways during this time of the second World Wars. What are some of the restrictions that Anne acknowledges?
4. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
5. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
6. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
7. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
8. With whom is Anne friends?
9. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
10. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
Essay Topic 1
Writing and communication are important parts of Anne's life, from her dream to be a journalist to her later comments about wanting to record events.
1. How does Anne change from the beginning of her diary to the end in relation to her writing?
2. How does Anne's communication with others change?
3. How does Anne use writing to change the inner world of the Annexe and her relationships?
4. Why does she even write in the first place?
Essay Topic 2
Why are Mrs. Frank and Mrs. Van Daan so upset with each other all the time? What makes them so different? And what makes them similar?
Essay Topic 3
Anne has a very different relationship with each of her parents. Compare and contrast her relationships with each, and discuss how these relationships change over the course of their time in hiding.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)