|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anne NOT receive?
2. What does Anne say would help her more than what she swallows in #85?
3. Which of the following IS a rule for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
4. What is Anne longing to have because it seems so important?
5. Who says, "I don't want to be cross, love can not be forced?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
2. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
3. Describe Anne's impressions of Mrs. Van Daan.
4. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
5. What happens to Anne's fountain pen?
6. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
7. What does Anne receive for her birthday?
8. Describe some of Anne's difficulties with her new male roommate.
9. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
10. At school, what does Anne bring for her classmates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne is very quick to point out the unfairness in the world around her. Give five examples of the unfairness she sees in her surroundings as well as in the outside world. Additionally, describe how each of these injustices affect Anne directly.
Essay Topic 2
Why do Miep, Elli, and Mr. Koophuis all willingly decide to help the Franks and the other occupants in the hiding place? What do they gain from helping? What do they stand to lose?
Essay Topic 3
Anne believed that people should have rebelled against Hitler as the injustices began to reveal themselves. This brings up a good point about accountability in the face of evil.
1. Why didn't more people stand up to Hitler and the SS?
2. Was hiding people active resistance or simply a fearful reaction?
3. What, if anything, could those hiding in the Annexe have done to fight the rise of Hitler?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)