|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following IS a rule for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
2. Who did NOT work for Mr. Frank?
3. What does Dussel decide to do with this free time and skills?
4. Where were Anne and Margot born?
5. What is Dussel and Anne's argument over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
2. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
3. What does Anne receive for her birthday?
4. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
5. Anne believes it's very important to write in code and takes measures to learn to do so. What does she sign up for?
6. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
7. What did Anne have to do when she was scolded for talking? How many times did she have to do this task?
8. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
9. What happens when Mrs. Van Daan is upset by the loud noises outside, but can not find her husband to calm her?
10. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Writing and communication are important parts of Anne's life, from her dream to be a journalist to her later comments about wanting to record events.
1. How does Anne change from the beginning of her diary to the end in relation to her writing?
2. How does Anne's communication with others change?
3. How does Anne use writing to change the inner world of the Annexe and her relationships?
4. Why does she even write in the first place?
Essay Topic 2
Anne is very quick to point out the unfairness in the world around her. Give five examples of the unfairness she sees in her surroundings as well as in the outside world. Additionally, describe how each of these injustices affect Anne directly.
Essay Topic 3
One of the things that stands out about Anne's diary is its constant referral to her depression and her problems with feeLing blue. Bring confined in the small space for over two years, Anne and the rest of the occupants seem to come up with their own ways of handling the pressures.
1. How does Anne cope with her depression?
2. How do others in the Annexe deal with the stress and anxiety?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)