|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was "possibly the nicest of all" the presents Anne received?
2. What time did Anne wake up on June 12th?
3. Who is Miep's husband?
4. Where does Anne go to school?
5. How many people are in the hiding place after the Van Daans arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
2. Why is Anne upset with her mother on March 17, 1944? What things is Mrs. Frank asking of her daughter?
3. Describe the Secret Annexe.
4. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
5. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
6. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
7. With whom is Anne friends?
8. What happened to cause Anne to have an outburst about an "incalculable loss?" What did she do to salvage this loss.
9. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
10. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
Essay Topic 1
Anne seems to know a lot about the history of the area, as well as of the events which are taking place in the world around them.
1. What happens at the beginning of the story that causes the Franks to changes their lives?
2. Why does Mr. Frank decide it's time to go into hiding?
3. What sources of information does Anne and the other occupants of the Annexe have?
Essay Topic 2
Anne is growing into a woman as the pages of her diary progress, but it doesn't seem that Anne is happy with how this is happening.
1. What are some of the main events what take place in Anne's transformation into a woman?
2. How does Anne see herself growing up?
3. What are Margot's expectations of Anne?
4. What are Mrs. Frank's expectations?
5. What are Mr. Frank's expectations?
Essay Topic 3
Anne is very quick to point out the unfairness in the world around her. Give five examples of the unfairness she sees in her surroundings as well as in the outside world. Additionally, describe how each of these injustices affect Anne directly.
This section contains 1,708 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)