|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound can't Mr. Frank, Margot, and Mrs. Frank get used to hearing?
2. What flowers are given to Mrs. Van Daan on her birthday?
3. Who were the occupants of the hiding place not warned was coming?
4. What does Anne give to her father for his birthday?
5. Who says, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mrs. Van Daan is upset by the loud noises outside, but can not find her husband to calm her?
2. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
3. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
4. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
5. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
6. What does Anne think Peter's problem is? And what does she think of this problem?
7. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
8. Describe the Secret Annexe.
9. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
10. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne is growing into a woman as the pages of her diary progress, but it doesn't seem that Anne is happy with how this is happening.
1. What are some of the main events what take place in Anne's transformation into a woman?
2. How does Anne see herself growing up?
3. What are Margot's expectations of Anne?
4. What are Mrs. Frank's expectations?
5. What are Mr. Frank's expectations?
Essay Topic 2
Why are Mrs. Frank and Mrs. Van Daan so upset with each other all the time? What makes them so different? And what makes them similar?
Essay Topic 3
Anne has a very different relationship with each of her parents. Compare and contrast her relationships with each, and discuss how these relationships change over the course of their time in hiding.
This section contains 1,762 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)