Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Van Daan's past job?
2. Who says, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"?
3. What does Anne do in response to loud war noises outside?
4. What does Anne say would help her more than what she swallows in #85?
5. What did Anne NOT receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
2. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
3. The Jews are restricted in many ways during this time of the second World Wars. What are some of the restrictions that Anne acknowledges?
4. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
5. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
6. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
7. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
8. With whom is Anne friends?
9. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
10. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
Anne is concerned about her friends and their whereabouts as well as their health.
1. Who does she dream about and what does this dream include?
2. Who are her friends and what do they mean to her?
3. Anne meets up with Lies again when they are in the concentration camp together. While they haven't been friends for a while, this brings them together and reminds them of their friendship. What happens when they see each other again?
Why do Miep, Elli, and Mr. Koophuis all willingly decide to help the Franks and the other occupants in the hiding place? What do they gain from helping? What do they stand to lose?
Being so close together, tensions often flared in the Annexe. But since Anne is the only reporter of these tensions, it's hard to see how others felt about her.
1. What do you think Mrs. Van Daan felt about Anne? Why?
2. What do you think Mrs. Frank felt about Anne? Why?
3. What do you think Peter felt about Anne? Why?
4. What do you think Mr. Dussel thought about Anne? Why?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)