|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"?
2. Why are the Van Daans thinking about selling Mrs. Van Daan's fur coat?
3. What does Anne think about her period?
4. What does Mouschi bring into the hiding place?
5. What is the profession of this new person?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
2. What makes Anne's hands shake terribly? What has happened at the Annexe?
3. Describe the Secret Annexe.
4. Why do the occupants of the Annexe celebrate both St. Nicolas Day and Chanuka?
5. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
6. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
7. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
8. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
9. Describe Anne's feelings about having a diary.
10. Describe the scene with Mr. Van Daan and the sausage.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Frank is leader of the Annexe group, helping to make decisions and to sort out troubles.
1. What makes him a good choice for this role?
2. Who else would have made a good leader?
3. What makes Mr. Frank a poor choice for this role?
Essay Topic 2
Anne is growing into a woman as the pages of her diary progress, but it doesn't seem that Anne is happy with how this is happening.
1. What are some of the main events what take place in Anne's transformation into a woman?
2. How does Anne see herself growing up?
3. What are Margot's expectations of Anne?
4. What are Mrs. Frank's expectations?
5. What are Mr. Frank's expectations?
Essay Topic 3
Hiding in the secret area meant changing the way that everyone was used to living. Give examples of different ways that each of the following were affected by being in hiding:
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)