|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. what was on top of the basket at the celebration?
2. Why wasn't anyone warned about the person who came unexpectedly?
3. How many people are in the hiding place after the Van Daans arrive?
4. Who were the occupants of the hiding place not warned was coming?
5. What rule is NOT true for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
2. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
3. At school, what does Anne bring for her classmates?
4. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
5. Describe Anne's dream about Lies.
6. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
7. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
8. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
9. Describe Anne's feelings about having a diary.
10. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne seems to know a lot about the history of the area, as well as of the events which are taking place in the world around them.
1. What happens at the beginning of the story that causes the Franks to changes their lives?
2. Why does Mr. Frank decide it's time to go into hiding?
3. What sources of information does Anne and the other occupants of the Annexe have?
Essay Topic 2
How does Anne's Jewish faith help her as she grows up in the Annexe? How does it hurt her? In general, how do the occupants of the Annexe use faith to help them make it through the long days and years?
Essay Topic 3
Why do Miep, Elli, and Mr. Koophuis all willingly decide to help the Franks and the other occupants in the hiding place? What do they gain from helping? What do they stand to lose?
This section contains 1,703 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)