|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Franks emigrate to Holland?
2. What time did Anne wake up on June 12th?
3. Where did Anne go to school before the time of Hitler's rules?
4. What sound can't Mr. Frank, Margot, and Mrs. Frank get used to hearing?
5. What is sent to a chemist in South Zeeland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
2. What happens when Mrs. Van Daan is upset by the loud noises outside, but can not find her husband to calm her?
3. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
4. What did Anne have to do when she was scolded for talking? How many times did she have to do this task?
5. Why do the occupants of the Annexe celebrate both St. Nicolas Day and Chanuka?
6. Describe Anne's impressions of Mrs. Van Daan.
7. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
8. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
9. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
10. Describe the scene with Mr. Van Daan and the sausage.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne seems to know a lot about the history of the area, as well as of the events which are taking place in the world around them.
1. What happens at the beginning of the story that causes the Franks to changes their lives?
2. Why does Mr. Frank decide it's time to go into hiding?
3. What sources of information does Anne and the other occupants of the Annexe have?
Essay Topic 2
Hiding in the secret area meant changing the way that everyone was used to living. Give examples of different ways that each of the following were affected by being in hiding:
Essay Topic 3
Anne is growing into a woman as the pages of her diary progress, but it doesn't seem that Anne is happy with how this is happening.
1. What are some of the main events what take place in Anne's transformation into a woman?
2. How does Anne see herself growing up?
3. What are Margot's expectations of Anne?
4. What are Mrs. Frank's expectations?
5. What are Mr. Frank's expectations?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)