|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did NOT work for Mr. Frank?
2. Who were the occupants of the hiding place not warned was coming?
3. What does Anne say would help her more than what she swallows in #85?
4. What holidays arrive just one day apart in 1942?
5. Who was in The Lighthouse Keeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
2. Describe Anne's feelings about having a diary.
3. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
4. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
5. With whom is Anne friends?
6. Describe the Van Daans
7. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
8. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
9. At school, what does Anne bring for her classmates?
10. Anne has a favorite parent, who is it? What does Anne think of this parent's actions toward Margot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne is very quick to point out the unfairness in the world around her. Give five examples of the unfairness she sees in her surroundings as well as in the outside world. Additionally, describe how each of these injustices affect Anne directly.
Essay Topic 2
One of the things that stands out about Anne's diary is its constant referral to her depression and her problems with feeLing blue. Bring confined in the small space for over two years, Anne and the rest of the occupants seem to come up with their own ways of handling the pressures.
1. How does Anne cope with her depression?
2. How do others in the Annexe deal with the stress and anxiety?
Essay Topic 3
Anne seems to know a lot about the history of the area, as well as of the events which are taking place in the world around them.
1. What happens at the beginning of the story that causes the Franks to changes their lives?
2. Why does Mr. Frank decide it's time to go into hiding?
3. What sources of information does Anne and the other occupants of the Annexe have?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)