|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne decide to call her diary?
2. What did Anne NOT receive?
3. What do the Van Daans make up for the new person?
4. What happened on Saturday afternoon?
5. Who is Dussel's first client?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
2. Anne has a favorite parent, who is it? What does Anne think of this parent's actions toward Margot?
3. Describe the scene with Mr. Van Daan and the sausage.
4. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
5. What does Anne take to help her with her depression? What does she think would help more?
6. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
7. At school, what does Anne bring for her classmates?
8. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
9. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
10. Describe the Secret Annexe.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of her diary, Anne has romantic thoughts about love, and she lists a number of crushes she has. How does her outlook on love change as she lives in the Annexe? Focus specifically on her relationship with Peter.
Also, why does she start to combine her relationship with Peter Wessel with Peter Van Daan? How does this seem to help her manage her feelings about both boys?
Essay Topic 2
How does Anne's Jewish faith help her as she grows up in the Annexe? How does it hurt her? In general, how do the occupants of the Annexe use faith to help them make it through the long days and years?
Essay Topic 3
While Anne's diary speaks about injustices done to her as she lives among everyone, she also shares a lot of the blame for conflicts which take place.
1. What might annoy others about Anne?
2. What does Anne do that might cause more conflict than necessary?
3. How does Anne mature as the diary goes on?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)