|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne give to her father for his birthday?
2. Why wasn't anyone warned about the person who came unexpectedly?
3. Who were the occupants of the hiding place not warned was coming?
4. Where does Peter suggest Anne try to take her bath?
5. What does Anne say would help her more than what she swallows in #85?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
2. What does Anne think Peter's problem is? And what does she think of this problem?
3. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
4. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
5. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
6. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
7. Anne sees herself as a bundle of contradictions and as having a dual personality. How does she describe her two selves?
8. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
9. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
10. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
Essay Topic 1
Why do Miep, Elli, and Mr. Koophuis all willingly decide to help the Franks and the other occupants in the hiding place? What do they gain from helping? What do they stand to lose?
Essay Topic 2
One of the things that stands out about Anne's diary is its constant referral to her depression and her problems with feeLing blue. Bring confined in the small space for over two years, Anne and the rest of the occupants seem to come up with their own ways of handling the pressures.
1. How does Anne cope with her depression?
2. How do others in the Annexe deal with the stress and anxiety?
Essay Topic 3
Why are Mrs. Frank and Mrs. Van Daan so upset with each other all the time? What makes them so different? And what makes them similar?
This section contains 1,794 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)