|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in The Lighthouse Keeper?
2. What does Anne say would help her more than what she swallows in #85?
3. What name does Anne give the secret hiding place?
4. Which of the following IS a rule for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
5. What is Westerbork?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Anne have to do when she was scolded for talking? How many times did she have to do this task?
2. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
3. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
4. Describe Anne's feelings about having a diary.
5. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
6. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
7. Describe the Van Daans
8. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
9. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
10. What does Anne take to help her with her depression? What does she think would help more?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Being so close together, tensions often flared in the Annexe. But since Anne is the only reporter of these tensions, it's hard to see how others felt about her.
1. What do you think Mrs. Van Daan felt about Anne? Why?
2. What do you think Mrs. Frank felt about Anne? Why?
3. What do you think Peter felt about Anne? Why?
4. What do you think Mr. Dussel thought about Anne? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Why are Mrs. Frank and Mrs. Van Daan so upset with each other all the time? What makes them so different? And what makes them similar?
Essay Topic 3
Anne is concerned about her friends and their whereabouts as well as their health.
1. Who does she dream about and what does this dream include?
2. Who are her friends and what do they mean to her?
3. Anne meets up with Lies again when they are in the concentration camp together. While they haven't been friends for a while, this brings them together and reminds them of their friendship. What happens when they see each other again?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)