|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne give to her father for his birthday?
2. What does Mrs. Van Daan bring with her because she doesn't feel at home without it?
3. Why are the Van Daans thinking about selling Mrs. Van Daan's fur coat?
4. What is the reason Anne gives for starting her diary?
5. What rule is NOT true for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Secret Annexe.
2. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
3. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
4. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
5. Describe Anne's feelings about having a diary.
6. Anne has a favorite parent, who is it? What does Anne think of this parent's actions toward Margot?
7. Why do the occupants of the Annexe celebrate both St. Nicolas Day and Chanuka?
8. Describe Anne's dream about Lies.
9. Describe the Van Daans
10. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Anne's Jewish faith help her as she grows up in the Annexe? How does it hurt her? In general, how do the occupants of the Annexe use faith to help them make it through the long days and years?
Essay Topic 2
Why do Miep, Elli, and Mr. Koophuis all willingly decide to help the Franks and the other occupants in the hiding place? What do they gain from helping? What do they stand to lose?
Essay Topic 3
Why are Mrs. Frank and Mrs. Van Daan so upset with each other all the time? What makes them so different? And what makes them similar?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)