|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used to hide the door to the hiding place?
2. Which of the following IS a rule for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
3. Why wasn't anyone warned about the person who came unexpectedly?
4. What does Anne give to her father for his birthday?
5. What is the name of Mrs. Koophuis' daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the occupants of the Annexe celebrate both St. Nicolas Day and Chanuka?
2. Describe Anne's impressions of Mrs. Van Daan.
3. Describe Anne's dream about Lies.
4. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
5. What happens when Mrs. Van Daan is upset by the loud noises outside, but can not find her husband to calm her?
6. At school, what does Anne bring for her classmates?
7. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
8. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
9. With whom is Anne friends?
10. Anne believes it's very important to write in code and takes measures to learn to do so. What does she sign up for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anne is growing into a woman as the pages of her diary progress, but it doesn't seem that Anne is happy with how this is happening.
1. What are some of the main events what take place in Anne's transformation into a woman?
2. How does Anne see herself growing up?
3. What are Margot's expectations of Anne?
4. What are Mrs. Frank's expectations?
5. What are Mr. Frank's expectations?
Essay Topic 2
Anne seems to know a lot about the history of the area, as well as of the events which are taking place in the world around them.
1. What happens at the beginning of the story that causes the Franks to changes their lives?
2. Why does Mr. Frank decide it's time to go into hiding?
3. What sources of information does Anne and the other occupants of the Annexe have?
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of her diary, Anne has romantic thoughts about love, and she lists a number of crushes she has. How does her outlook on love change as she lives in the Annexe? Focus specifically on her relationship with Peter.
Also, why does she start to combine her relationship with Peter Wessel with Peter Van Daan? How does this seem to help her manage her feelings about both boys?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)