|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anne afraid she will grow up to be?
(a) Someone like Margot
(b) A dried up old beanstalk
(c) An old maid
(d) A boring woman
2. While Anne does not enjoy the frequent discussions of politics, there is one thing she believes to be perfect about the political situation. What is it?
(a) Miep's observations of the war
(b) Speeches by Winston Churchill
(c) Articles in the newspapers
(d) Reports from the BBC
3. Who doesn't believe that the big men, the capitalists, and the politicians are guilty of the war?
(c) Mr. Frank
(d) Mr. Van Daan
4. What makes Anne very happy on April 16th?
(a) She receives a new diary
(b) She receives a kiss on the cheek from Peter
(c) She learns that they might be leaving
(d) She finds her old pen
5. Who or what is Bosche?
(a) A stray cat that lingers around the building
(b) A rat
(c) Margot's pet name for Peter
(d) Peter's cat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Frank lose on a bet with Mrs. Van Daan?
2. For what is Anne beginning to long?
3. What is Anne holding to her face?
4. What is the one thing Anne notices about Peter?
5. What happens to Anne's papers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
2. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
3. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
4. Describe the scene with Bosche and Peter.
5. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
6. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
7. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
8. What is The Free Netherlands and what does this group do?
9. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
10. Anne sees herself as a bundle of contradictions and as having a dual personality. How does she describe her two selves?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)