|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne is constantly enthralled with a certain kind of people. Which people are these?
(a) The Dutch
(b) The Christians
(c) The Jews
(d) The Germans
2. What is Mrs. Van Daan's outlook on the war at the moment?
(a) She is beginning to tire of the boredom
(b) She doesn't really think about the war at all
(c) She is overjoyed at the progress being made
(d) She is afraid they are going to lose and thus starve
3. Who does Anne speak about in the beginning of her entry on March 31, 1944? Of what country does she speak?
(a) Hiter and Germany
(b) Stalin and Russia
(c) Mussolini and Italy
(d) Churchill and England
4. What organization forges identity cards?
(a) The Peace Movement
(b) The Jewish Freedom Society
(c) The Free Netherlands
(d) The Free Holland Movement
5. What does Peter think would be easier to be?
(a) A Christian
(b) A German
(c) An SS member
(d) A woman
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Frank's advice to Anne?
2. What causes Anne's father to be upset with her?
3. What can't Anne understand?
4. Who is the most optimistic about the war's progress?
5. Why does Anne think Peter and she are not so different?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
2. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
3. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
4. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
5. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
6. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
7. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
8. Why is Anne upset with her mother on March 17, 1944? What things is Mrs. Frank asking of her daughter?
9. Describe the scene with Bosche and Peter.
10. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)