|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Anne's father to be upset with her?
(a) She ignores him
(b) She is necking with Peter
(c) She writes him a letter
(d) She yells at him
2. Anne is constantly enthralled with a certain kind of people. Which people are these?
(a) The Jews
(b) The Germans
(c) The Dutch
(d) The Christians
3. What is Anne holding to her face?
(a) A flower
(b) A scented handkerchief
(c) A rag
(d) Her hand
4. What organization forges identity cards?
(a) The Free Holland Movement
(b) The Jewish Freedom Society
(c) The Peace Movement
(d) The Free Netherlands
5. What kind of party does Miep describe to the family?
(a) A wedding reception
(b) A birthday
(c) An engagement party
(d) An anniversary
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the favorite subject of Koophuis and Henk?
2. What ISN'T Anne asked about by her mother?
3. Who asks is they can trust Peter and Anne alone in the attic?
4. Which is NOT one of the ways that people suggest preparing for the invasion?
5. Who spoke on Dutch News from London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
2. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
3. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
4. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
5. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
6. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
7. What does Peter joke about that disturbs Anne? Why does this bother her?
8. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
9. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
10. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)