|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are people talking about different ways of preparing themselves?
(a) They are leaving soon
(b) There is talk of an invasion
(c) They are making jokes
(d) They need something to be positive about
2. About what did the report on Dutch News from London talk?
(a) The end of the war
(b) The invasion of Holland
(c) Hitler's resignation
(d) Making a collection of diaries and journals from the war
3. What is Mr. Frank's advice to Anne?
(a) To stop seeing Peter altogether
(b) To tell the Van Daans
(c) To hold back and not see Peter as often
(d) To marry Peter
4. What do the gentlemen do as they sit around listening to the radio?
(a) Talk with Anne
(b) Write down the stories they hear
(c) Puff their pipes
(d) Pace the floor
5. What country still has one million Jews there, according to Anne?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Anne attracted to in kindergarten?
2. What will Germany do to protect the country in the event of an invasion?
3. What is the title Anne would choose for her diary?
4. What does Peter forget to do that causes Kraler to become mad at him?
5. What is the one thing Peter admires about Anne?
Short Essay Questions
1. With more invasion talk everyday, rumors begin to fly as to what will happen if the English invade Holland. What do the papers think Germany will do to protect their claim to Holland?
2. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
3. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
4. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
5. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
6. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
7. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
8. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
9. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
10. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)