|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. B procure for the occupants of the hiding place and for the workers?
(d) Fake documentation
2. Anne and Peter talk about whether or not to tell Mr. Frank. Who is chosen to talk to Mr. Frank about their relationship?
(c) Mrs. Frank
(d) Mrs. Van Daan
3. For what is Anne beginning to long?
(a) A kiss
(c) A piece of bread
(d) A walk outside
4. What does Anne want to become?
(a) A speaker
(b) A movie star
(c) A fashionable woman
(d) A real young woman
5. What inevitably happens at the end of the radio speeches?
(a) Everyone goes to bed
(b) Everyone starts to argue
(c) Everyone begins to cry
(d) Everyone remains quiet
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anne afraid she will grow up to be?
2. What causes Anne's father to be upset with her?
3. Who was Anne attracted to in kindergarten?
4. What is the favorite subject of Koophuis and Henk?
5. What do Anne and Peter finally do on April 28th?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
2. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
3. What does Peter joke about that disturbs Anne? Why does this bother her?
4. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
5. Describe the scene with Bosche and Peter.
6. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
7. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
8. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
9. Anne has changed in this first section of March 7. How has she changed?
10. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)