|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks is they can trust Peter and Anne alone in the attic?
(a) Mr. Van Daan
(b) Mrs. Van Daan
(c) Mr. Frank
(d) Mrs. Frank
2. What do neither Anne nor Peter do?
(a) Wish for peace
(b) Confide in their parents
(c) Feel confined by their living space
(d) Talk about their feelings
3. For what has Anne developed a great love?
(a) Mr. Van Daan
(b) A movie star
(c) Geneological tables
4. What is Anne afraid she will grow up to be?
(a) A boring woman
(b) A dried up old beanstalk
(c) Someone like Margot
(d) An old maid
5. What does Peter forget to do that causes Kraler to become mad at him?
(a) Peter forgets to turn off the lights
(b) Peter forgets to close his window
(c) Peter forgets to unbolt the door
(d) Peter forgets to clean up the food
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne speak about in the beginning of her entry on March 31, 1944? Of what country does she speak?
2. Of which Peter does Anne dream?
3. Which is NOT a name for a special news service that the secret hiding space members have heard of?
4. Why does Anne think Peter and she are not so different?
5. What was Peter not doing that evening that he would have time to talk with Anne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
2. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
3. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
4. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
5. What is The Free Netherlands and what does this group do?
6. On February 12, 1944, Anne's mood changes and the reader sees some of the most positive writing of the entire diary. To what does Anne compare herself?
7. With more invasion talk everyday, rumors begin to fly as to what will happen if the English invade Holland. What do the papers think Germany will do to protect their claim to Holland?
8. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
9. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
10. Describe the scene with Bosche and Peter.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)