|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Frank's wish?
(a) To see Anne be more mature
(b) To have alone time with Mr. Frank
(c) To not see the Van Daans for a fortnight
(d) To leave the secret hiding place right away
2. Who was picked up for having two Jews in his house?
(a) Dussel's brother
(b) Mr. Kraler
(c) Mr. Koophuis
(d) The vegetable man
3. What do the occupants of the hiding place think the burglar has?
(a) A skeleton key
(b) A reason to turn them in
(c) A gun
(d) A vendetta against the owner of the building
4. What is Mrs. Van Daan's outlook on the war at the moment?
(a) She is overjoyed at the progress being made
(b) She is beginning to tire of the boredom
(c) She is afraid they are going to lose and thus starve
(d) She doesn't really think about the war at all
5. What organization forges identity cards?
(a) The Free Netherlands
(b) The Jewish Freedom Society
(c) The Peace Movement
(d) The Free Holland Movement
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne speak about in the beginning of her entry on March 31, 1944? Of what country does she speak?
2. For what has Anne developed a great love?
3. Which is NOT one of the ways that people suggest preparing for the invasion?
4. What do neither Anne nor Peter do?
5. What does Henk talk about to the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anne upset with her mother on March 17, 1944? What things is Mrs. Frank asking of her daughter?
2. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
3. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
4. What is The Free Netherlands and what does this group do?
5. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
6. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
7. What does Anne think Peter's problem is? And what does she think of this problem?
8. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
9. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
10. What happened to cause Anne to have an outburst about an "incalculable loss?" What did she do to salvage this loss.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)