|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't those hiding in the secret hiding area use the water?
(a) They are not allowed
(b) The sewer is blocked
(c) They are using too much
(d) Mr. Kraler is getting worried
2. What book is everyone reading?
(a) Cloudless Morn
(b) Heatless Summer
(c) Sunless Day
(d) Moonless Night
3. What does Mouschi do that upsets Peter?
(a) The cat jumps on Peter and scratches him
(b) The cat yowls
(c) The cat urinates in wood shavings
(d) The cat runs away
4. Why are Dussel and Mr. Van Daan not speaking?
(a) Dussel wants Mr. Van Daan to apologize
(b) Dussel says that Mr. Van Daan has been shouting at him
(c) Mr. Van Daan is jealous of Dussel talking to Mrs. Van Daan
(d) Mr. Van Daan stole from Dussel
5. What does Anne call Peter Wessel?
(a) My Petel
(b) My Pete
(c) My Petey
(d) My Special Bou
Short Answer Questions
1. What do neither Anne nor Peter do?
2. What are food cycles?
3. What does Peter forget to do that causes Kraler to become mad at him?
4. What will Germany do to protect the country in the event of an invasion?
5. Who or what is Bosche?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
2. Anne sees herself as a bundle of contradictions and as having a dual personality. How does she describe her two selves?
3. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
4. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
5. Why is Anne upset with her mother on March 17, 1944? What things is Mrs. Frank asking of her daughter?
6. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
7. What does Peter joke about that disturbs Anne? Why does this bother her?
8. With more invasion talk everyday, rumors begin to fly as to what will happen if the English invade Holland. What do the papers think Germany will do to protect their claim to Holland?
9. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
10. Anne has changed in this first section of March 7. How has she changed?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)