|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has disappeared?
(c) Mr. Koophuis
2. Who was twisting and turning the knobs during "Immortal Music of the German Masters?"
(c) Mr. Frank
3. What does Mr. Frank lose on a bet with Mrs. Van Daan?
(a) 5 pieces of bread
(b) 5 pounds of sugar
(c) 5 bottles of yogurt
(d) 5 pounds of butter
4. What does Peter talk of that makes Anne's heart break?
(a) He talks about leaving
(b) He talks of being a criminal and of gambling
(c) He thinks about dying
(d) He speaks of marriage
5. How does Peter learn about this?
(a) By reading it in a book
(b) By asking his father
(c) By learning on his own
(d) By asking Anne
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title Anne would choose for her diary?
2. Which is NOT one of the ways that people suggest preparing for the invasion?
3. What is Mrs. Frank's wish?
4. For what is Anne beginning to long?
5. Who was Anne attracted to in kindergarten?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
2. What is The Free Netherlands and what does this group do?
3. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
4. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
5. Describe the scene with Bosche and Peter.
6. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
7. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
8. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
9. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
10. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)