|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne is constantly enthralled with a certain kind of people. Which people are these?
(a) The Christians
(b) The Germans
(c) The Jews
(d) The Dutch
2. What would Mrs. Frank love to eat?
(b) A piece of rye bread
3. What book is Anne reading that necessitates a long entry by Anne?
(a) What Do You Know about the Jews?
(b) What Do You Think of The Modern Girl?
(c) What Do You Think about Boys?
(d) What Do You Think of the War?
4. What organization forges identity cards?
(a) The Peace Movement
(b) The Free Netherlands
(c) The Free Holland Movement
(d) The Jewish Freedom Society
5. About what do Mummy and Mrs. Van Daan always talk?
(a) Old stories of their youth
(c) Their children
(d) Their husbands
Short Answer Questions
1. What do neither Anne nor Peter do?
2. What does Anne realize that Peter needs?
3. Anne and Peter talk about whether or not to tell Mr. Frank. Who is chosen to talk to Mr. Frank about their relationship?
4. What does Mr. Van Daan do to cope with the stresses of his life?
5. For what is Anne beginning to long?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
2. What does Peter joke about that disturbs Anne? Why does this bother her?
3. On February 12, 1944, Anne's mood changes and the reader sees some of the most positive writing of the entire diary. To what does Anne compare herself?
4. Why is Anne upset with her mother on March 17, 1944? What things is Mrs. Frank asking of her daughter?
5. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
6. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
7. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
8. What is The Free Netherlands and what does this group do?
9. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
10. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)