|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Mummy and Mrs. Van Daan always talk?
(a) Old stories of their youth
(b) Their husbands
(d) Their children
2. Anne is constantly enthralled with a certain kind of people. Which people are these?
(a) The Dutch
(b) The Jews
(c) The Germans
(d) The Christians
3. What is Mr. Frank's advice to Anne?
(a) To hold back and not see Peter as often
(b) To stop seeing Peter altogether
(c) To tell the Van Daans
(d) To marry Peter
4. What is the one thing Peter admires about Anne?
(a) She's always right
(b) She is pretty
(c) She has lovely hair
(d) She's never at a loss for words
5. Which is NOT one of the ways that people suggest preparing for the invasion?
(a) Sewing money into clothing
(b) Staying where they are
(c) Eating more to put on weight
(d) Leaving the country
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the Court forbidden from digging?
2. From where does Bosche's fat come?
3. What is Anne afraid she will grow up to be?
4. What country still has one million Jews there, according to Anne?
5. What book is everyone reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
2. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
3. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
4. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
5. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
6. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
7. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
8. What does Anne think Peter's problem is? And what does she think of this problem?
9. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
10. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)