|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Anne beginning to long?
(a) A piece of bread
(c) A kiss
(d) A walk outside
2. When do people look disapprovingly at Anne?
(a) When she tries a new hairstyle
(b) When she talks to Mrs. Van Daan
(c) When she argues
(d) When she sighs
3. What does Mr. B procure for the occupants of the hiding place and for the workers?
(d) Fake documentation
4. From where does Bosche's fat come?
(a) Stolen bones
(b) From being pregnant
(c) It's really not known.
(d) Too many second helpings
5. What does Peter forget to do that causes Kraler to become mad at him?
(a) Peter forgets to turn off the lights
(b) Peter forgets to unbolt the door
(c) Peter forgets to close his window
(d) Peter forgets to clean up the food
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Frank's advice to Anne?
2. Who was twisting and turning the knobs during "Immortal Music of the German Masters?"
3. Why does Mrs. Frank forbid Anne to go upstairs with Peter?
4. Of which Peter does Anne dream?
5. Why are Dussel and Mr. Van Daan not speaking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
2. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
3. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
4. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
5. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
6. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
7. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
8. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
9. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
10. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)