|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization forges identity cards?
(a) The Free Netherlands
(b) The Jewish Freedom Society
(c) The Peace Movement
(d) The Free Holland Movement
2. What book is everyone reading?
(a) Heatless Summer
(b) Sunless Day
(c) Cloudless Morn
(d) Moonless Night
3. What is Mrs. Frank's wish?
(a) To not see the Van Daans for a fortnight
(b) To have alone time with Mr. Frank
(c) To leave the secret hiding place right away
(d) To see Anne be more mature
4. Who asks is they can trust Peter and Anne alone in the attic?
(a) Mr. Frank
(b) Mrs. Van Daan
(c) Mr. Van Daan
(d) Mrs. Frank
5. What does Mr. Frank lose on a bet with Mrs. Van Daan?
(a) 5 pounds of sugar
(b) 5 pounds of butter
(c) 5 bottles of yogurt
(d) 5 pieces of bread
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne want to become?
2. With who did Anne think Peter used to be in love?
3. Which is NOT one of the ways that people suggest preparing for the invasion?
4. Who or what is Bosche?
5. About what did the report on Dutch News from London talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
2. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
3. With more invasion talk everyday, rumors begin to fly as to what will happen if the English invade Holland. What do the papers think Germany will do to protect their claim to Holland?
4. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
5. What does Peter joke about that disturbs Anne? Why does this bother her?
6. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
7. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
8. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
9. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
10. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)