|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do neither Anne nor Peter do?
(a) Talk about their feelings
(b) Confide in their parents
(c) Feel confined by their living space
(d) Wish for peace
2. What inevitably happens at the end of the radio speeches?
(a) Everyone begins to cry
(b) Everyone goes to bed
(c) Everyone starts to argue
(d) Everyone remains quiet
3. What do the gentlemen do as they sit around listening to the radio?
(a) Pace the floor
(b) Talk with Anne
(c) Write down the stories they hear
(d) Puff their pipes
4. What does Mr. Van Daan do to cope with the stresses of his life?
(a) He smokes and smokes and smokes
(b) He hides away from everyone else
(c) He drinks too much
(d) He argues with his wife
5. How does Anne describe her hair?
(b) House-garden-kitchen hair style
(c) Too straight and flat
Short Answer Questions
1. For what has Anne developed a great love?
2. What does Anne call herself?
3. Who asks is they can trust Peter and Anne alone in the attic?
4. What are the newspapers publishing?
5. Why does Mrs. Frank forbid Anne to go upstairs with Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
2. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
3. Why is Anne upset with her mother on March 17, 1944? What things is Mrs. Frank asking of her daughter?
4. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
5. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
6. What is The Free Netherlands and what does this group do?
7. Anne has changed in this first section of March 7. How has she changed?
8. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
9. What does Peter joke about that disturbs Anne? Why does this bother her?
10. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)