|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT a name for a special news service that the secret hiding space members have heard of?
(a) German Wehrmacht
(b) English BBC
(c) German News Network
(d) Special Air Raid Announcements
2. What does Peter think would be easier to be?
(a) An SS member
(b) A Christian
(c) A German
(d) A woman
3. For what is Anne beginning to long?
(a) A walk outside
(c) A piece of bread
(d) A kiss
4. Who spoke on Dutch News from London?
5. What does Peter say are "first rate" to Anne?
(a) Her diary entries
(b) Her ideas about the war
(c) Her dance steps
Short Answer Questions
1. What do neither Anne nor Peter do?
2. What is the super news that Anne shares on July 21?
3. What did Peter do on Margot's birthday that was out of character?
4. Who doesn't believe that the big men, the capitalists, and the politicians are guilty of the war?
5. Anne and Peter talk about whether or not to tell Mr. Frank. Who is chosen to talk to Mr. Frank about their relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
2. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
3. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
4. What does Anne think Peter's problem is? And what does she think of this problem?
5. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
6. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
7. What happens to cause Anne to question her relationship with Peter?
8. Describe the scene with Bosche and Peter.
9. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
10. What happened to cause Anne to have an outburst about an "incalculable loss?" What did she do to salvage this loss.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)