|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was picked up for having two Jews in his house?
(a) The vegetable man
(b) Mr. Koophuis
(c) Dussel's brother
(d) Mr. Kraler
2. Who asks is they can trust Peter and Anne alone in the attic?
(a) Mr. Van Daan
(b) Mrs. Frank
(c) Mr. Frank
(d) Mrs. Van Daan
3. What organization forges identity cards?
(a) The Peace Movement
(b) The Free Holland Movement
(c) The Free Netherlands
(d) The Jewish Freedom Society
4. What do the occupants of the hiding place think the burglar has?
(a) A skeleton key
(b) A vendetta against the owner of the building
(c) A reason to turn them in
(d) A gun
5. What did Peter do on Margot's birthday that was out of character?
(a) He barely said a word to her
(b) He stayed longer than was strictly necessary
(c) He gave her a kiss
(d) He gave her a nice present
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne and Peter talk about whether or not to tell Mr. Frank. Who is chosen to talk to Mr. Frank about their relationship?
2. What does Anne call herself?
3. Why does Anne think Peter and she are not so different?
4. About what do Mummy and Mrs. Van Daan always talk?
5. Why can't those hiding in the secret hiding area use the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
2. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
3. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
4. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
5. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
6. Why is Anne upset with her mother on March 17, 1944? What things is Mrs. Frank asking of her daughter?
7. What does Peter joke about that disturbs Anne? Why does this bother her?
8. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
9. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
10. Anne has changed in this first section of March 7. How has she changed?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)