|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Anne and Peter finally do on April 28th?
(a) They give each other a hug
(b) They give gifts to each other
(c) They kiss on the mouth
(d) They tell each other that they are in love
2. Who was Anne attracted to in kindergarten?
(a) Henk Spetzel
(b) Karel Samson
(c) Hans Frichen
(d) Peter Wessel
3. What will Germany do to protect the country in the event of an invasion?
(a) Fight back
(b) Flood the land
(c) Kill all the Jews
(d) Burn down the buildings
4. Anne makes a strong statement about those involved in the war. Finish her sentence, we shan't get anywhere following...
(a) A dream without realism
(b) A leader like Hitler
(c) A bad plan
(d) An ostrich policy
5. Which is NOT a name for a special news service that the secret hiding space members have heard of?
(a) German News Network
(b) English BBC
(c) Special Air Raid Announcements
(d) German Wehrmacht
Short Answer Questions
1. What inevitably happens at the end of the radio speeches?
2. What is Anne's greatest wish in life?
3. What is the one thing Anne notices about Peter?
4. For what has Anne developed a great love?
5. Of which Peter does Anne dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. On February 12, 1944, Anne's mood changes and the reader sees some of the most positive writing of the entire diary. To what does Anne compare herself?
2. What does Peter joke about that disturbs Anne? Why does this bother her?
3. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
4. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
5. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
6. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
7. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
8. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
9. Describe the scene with Bosche and Peter.
10. Anne sees herself as a bundle of contradictions and as having a dual personality. How does she describe her two selves?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)