|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Van Daan do to cope with the stresses of his life?
(a) He hides away from everyone else
(b) He drinks too much
(c) He smokes and smokes and smokes
(d) He argues with his wife
2. What is Anne's greatest wish in life?
(a) To become a wife
(b) To become a journalist
(c) To become a mother
(d) To become a doctor
3. What causes Anne's father to be upset with her?
(a) She writes him a letter
(b) She is necking with Peter
(c) She ignores him
(d) She yells at him
4. Who is the most optimistic about the war's progress?
(a) Mrs. Frank
(b) Mr. Frank
(c) Mr. Van Daan
(d) Mrs. Van Daan
5. Why can't those hiding in the secret hiding area use the water?
(a) Mr. Kraler is getting worried
(b) The sewer is blocked
(c) They are not allowed
(d) They are using too much
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mouschi do that upsets Peter?
2. What does Peter think would be easier to be?
3. What will Germany do to protect the country in the event of an invasion?
4. What does Anne call herself?
5. Anne makes a strong statement about those involved in the war. Finish her sentence, we shan't get anywhere following...
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
2. What does Peter joke about that disturbs Anne? Why does this bother her?
3. What does Anne think Peter's problem is? And what does she think of this problem?
4. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
5. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
6. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
7. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
8. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
9. Anne has changed in this first section of March 7. How has she changed?
10. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)