|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anne afraid she will grow up to be?
(a) An old maid
(b) Someone like Margot
(c) A dried up old beanstalk
(d) A boring woman
2. Who was picked up for having two Jews in his house?
(a) The vegetable man
(b) Mr. Kraler
(c) Dussel's brother
(d) Mr. Koophuis
3. About what do Mummy and Mrs. Van Daan always talk?
(b) Their husbands
(c) Old stories of their youth
(d) Their children
4. About what does Dussel always talk?
(a) Mr. Frank's poor taste in clothes
(b) Anne's immaturity
(c) Peter's laziness
(d) His wife's extensive wardrobe
5. What does Mr. Frank lose on a bet with Mrs. Van Daan?
(a) 5 pieces of bread
(b) 5 bottles of yogurt
(c) 5 pounds of sugar
(d) 5 pounds of butter
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the ways that people suggest preparing for the invasion?
2. What organization forges identity cards?
3. Anne is constantly enthralled with a certain kind of people. Which people are these?
4. For what has Anne developed a great love?
5. What do the occupants of the hiding place think the burglar has?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
2. On February 12, 1944, Anne's mood changes and the reader sees some of the most positive writing of the entire diary. To what does Anne compare herself?
3. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
4. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
5. What does Anne think Peter's problem is? And what does she think of this problem?
6. What happened to cause Anne to have an outburst about an "incalculable loss?" What did she do to salvage this loss.
7. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
8. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
9. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
10. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)