|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mouschi do that upsets Peter?
(a) The cat jumps on Peter and scratches him
(b) The cat runs away
(c) The cat urinates in wood shavings
(d) The cat yowls
2. What is Mrs. Van Daan's outlook on the war at the moment?
(a) She is overjoyed at the progress being made
(b) She is afraid they are going to lose and thus starve
(c) She is beginning to tire of the boredom
(d) She doesn't really think about the war at all
3. What country still has one million Jews there, according to Anne?
4. Why can't those hiding in the secret hiding area use the water?
(a) Mr. Kraler is getting worried
(b) They are not allowed
(c) The sewer is blocked
(d) They are using too much
5. From where does Bosche's fat come?
(a) Stolen bones
(b) From being pregnant
(c) Too many second helpings
(d) It's really not known.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the super news that Anne shares on July 21?
2. What book is Anne reading that necessitates a long entry by Anne?
3. What kind of party does Miep describe to the family?
4. Who was Anne attracted to in kindergarten?
5. Why does Mrs. Frank forbid Anne to go upstairs with Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
2. Anne sees herself as a bundle of contradictions and as having a dual personality. How does she describe her two selves?
3. Anne has many vivid dreams. Describe the two that she mentions on January 6, 1944.
4. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
5. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
6. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
7. What is The Free Netherlands and what does this group do?
8. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
9. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
10. Anne has changed in this first section of March 7. How has she changed?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)