|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Bosche's fat come?
(a) Too many second helpings
(b) From being pregnant
(c) Stolen bones
(d) It's really not known.
2. What does Henk talk about to the family?
(a) His trip to the hiding spot
(b) His last vacation
(c) His family
(d) A phone call to the doctor
3. When do people look disapprovingly at Anne?
(a) When she sighs
(b) When she talks to Mrs. Van Daan
(c) When she tries a new hairstyle
(d) When she argues
4. What is the one thing Peter admires about Anne?
(a) She has lovely hair
(b) She's always right
(c) She is pretty
(d) She's never at a loss for words
5. What causes Anne's father to be upset with her?
(a) She yells at him
(b) She writes him a letter
(c) She is necking with Peter
(d) She ignores him
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Germany do to protect the country in the event of an invasion?
2. What does Mouschi do that upsets Peter?
3. What do the gentlemen do as they sit around listening to the radio?
4. About what does Dussel always talk?
5. What are food cycles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
2. Describe the scene with Bosche and Peter.
3. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
4. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
5. With more invasion talk everyday, rumors begin to fly as to what will happen if the English invade Holland. What do the papers think Germany will do to protect their claim to Holland?
6. Why is Anne upset with her mother on March 17, 1944? What things is Mrs. Frank asking of her daughter?
7. What was Bolkstein, an M.P., talking about on Dutch News from London?
8. What happened to cause Anne to have an outburst about an "incalculable loss?" What did she do to salvage this loss.
9. On February 12, 1944, Anne's mood changes and the reader sees some of the most positive writing of the entire diary. To what does Anne compare herself?
10. What does Peter admire about Anne, and what prompts him to share this revelation with her?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)