|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book is Anne reading that necessitates a long entry by Anne?
(a) What Do You Think of the War?
(b) What Do You Know about the Jews?
(c) What Do You Think of The Modern Girl?
(d) What Do You Think about Boys?
2. What is the super news that Anne shares on July 21?
(a) Hitler has died
(b) They don't need to hide anymore
(c) An attempt on Hitler's life has been made
(d) The war is over
3. What does Anne call herself?
(a) A small voice in the darkness
(b) A little person with big ideas
(c) A girl who is becoming a woman
(d) A little bundle of contradictions
4. Which is NOT one of the ways that people suggest preparing for the invasion?
(a) Sewing money into clothing
(b) Leaving the country
(c) Eating more to put on weight
(d) Staying where they are
5. How does Anne describe her hair?
(b) House-garden-kitchen hair style
(d) Too straight and flat
Short Answer Questions
1. What inevitably happens at the end of the radio speeches?
2. What is Mrs. Van Daan's outlook on the war at the moment?
3. What does Anne realize that Peter needs?
4. What are the newspapers publishing?
5. What will Germany do to protect the country in the event of an invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is The Free Netherlands and what does this group do?
2. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
3. What makes Peter so upset that he almost cries?
4. Describe Anne's feelings for Peter Van Daan.
5. What is the one thing that Anne desperately wants?
6. What is smelling up the room on March 14, 1944? And what does Anne do to mask the scent?
7. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
8. On February 12, 1944, Anne's mood changes and the reader sees some of the most positive writing of the entire diary. To what does Anne compare herself?
9. Why is Anne disappointed with Peter? Do they still talk?
10. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)