|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who needs to go to the hospital for abdominal surgery?
(a) Mr. Van Daan
(b) Mr. Frank
(c) Mrs. Van Daan
(d) Mr. Koophuis
2. Who is Miep's husband?
3. What was Mr. Van Daan's past job?
(a) A car manufacturer
(b) A carpenter
(c) A cook
(d) A sausage maker
4. Where does Anne go to school?
(a) Jewish Secondary School
(c) Hebrew Academy
(d) Jewish Primary School
5. Who was in The Lighthouse Keeper?
(a) Mr. Koophuis
(c) A friend of Anne's
(d) Rin Tin Tin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Van Daan's biggest issue with Anne and Anne's mother?
2. Who is the person that members of the secret hiding place fear now?
3. Why are the Van Daans thinking about selling Mrs. Van Daan's fur coat?
4. What is the name of Mrs. Koophuis' daughter?
5. What French book is Anne attempting to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
2. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
3. At school, what does Anne bring for her classmates?
4. Describe Anne's dream about Lies.
5. What does Anne take to help her with her depression? What does she think would help more?
6. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
7. Why do the occupants of the Annexe celebrate both St. Nicolas Day and Chanuka?
8. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
9. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
10. Describe the Secret Annexe.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)