|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Anne and Margot born?
2. Who was in The Lighthouse Keeper?
(a) Mr. Koophuis
(b) Rin Tin Tin
(c) A friend of Anne's
3. Who says, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"?
(a) Mr. Frank
(b) Winston Churchill
(c) Mr. Van Daan
(d) Mr. Koophuis
4. What French book is Anne attempting to read?
(a) La Belle Nivernaise
(b) La Belle Nouveau Riche
(c) La Plus des Enfants
(d) Le Tragedie de la Guerre
5. What does Mouschi bring into the hiding place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the rules instated after burglars come?
2. What good news does the secret hiding place receive for the Christmas season?
3. Who needs to go to the hospital for abdominal surgery?
4. What rule is NOT true for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
5. Why does Anne want to learn shorthand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Anne have to do when she was scolded for talking? How many times did she have to do this task?
2. Describe the Van Daans
3. What does Anne take to help her with her depression? What does she think would help more?
4. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
5. Why do the occupants of the Annexe celebrate both St. Nicolas Day and Chanuka?
6. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
7. Describe Anne's feelings about having a diary.
8. What happens to Anne's fountain pen?
9. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
10. Anne has a favorite parent, who is it? What does Anne think of this parent's actions toward Margot?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)