|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Gestapo say happens when hostages end up dead?
(a) They call them horrible tragedies
(b) They call them accidental occurrences
(c) They call them terrific murders
(d) They call them fatal accidents
2. What was Mr. Van Daan's past job?
(a) A sausage maker
(b) A car manufacturer
(c) A carpenter
(d) A cook
3. What does Dussel sound like when he sleeps?
(a) Like a fish gasping for breath
(b) Like a bear growlling
(c) Like a man snoring
(d) Like a lamb baaing
4. How many people are in the hiding place after the Van Daans arrive?
5. What do the occupants of the hiding place have to share?
(a) A bowl
(b) A washtub
(c) A jar
(d) A towel
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miep bring on Christmas in 1943?
2. Who is the Van Daan's son?
3. What does Anne do in response to loud war noises outside?
4. When did the Van Daans arrive?
5. Who did Anne have to say goodbye to when they left their home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
2. Anne believes it's very important to write in code and takes measures to learn to do so. What does she sign up for?
3. What happens to Anne's fountain pen?
4. With whom is Anne friends?
5. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
6. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
7. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
8. Describe the Secret Annexe.
9. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
10. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)