|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game do Margot and Anne like to play with friends?
(d) Ping pong
2. What is a call-up notice?
(a) A note from Hitler
(b) A letter drafting men into the army
(c) A memo that tells someone to go into hiding
(d) A notice from the SS to go to a work camp
3. Who was in The Lighthouse Keeper?
(a) A friend of Anne's
(b) Rin Tin Tin
(c) Mr. Koophuis
4. What does Mrs. Van Daan bring with her because she doesn't feel at home without it?
(a) Her bedsheets
(b) Her own chamber pot
(c) Her fur coat
(d) Her dog
5. Who says, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"?
(a) Winston Churchill
(b) Mr. Frank
(c) Mr. Van Daan
(d) Mr. Koophuis
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dussel sound like when he sleeps?
2. What does Anne swallow everyday?
3. Who is Miep's husband?
4. What is Anne's father's nickname?
5. What does Anne mean by shank's mare?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne take to help her with her depression? What does she think would help more?
2. The Jews are restricted in many ways during this time of the second World Wars. What are some of the restrictions that Anne acknowledges?
3. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
4. Describe the Van Daans
5. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
6. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
7. Describe some of Anne's difficulties with her new male roommate.
8. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
9. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
10. What makes Anne's hands shake terribly? What has happened at the Annexe?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)