|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Anne gives for starting her diary?
(a) She wants to be published
(b) She has no real friend
(c) She wants to show her family
(d) She wants to get better at writing
2. Where were Anne and Margot born?
3. What does Anne think about her period?
(a) It is a sweet secret
(b) It is embarrassing
(c) It is a pain
(d) It is too long
4. Who died in 1942, who Anne says she misses terribly?
(a) Her cat
(b) Her aunt
(c) Her Granny
(d) Her brother
5. What do the occupants of the hiding place have to share?
(a) A washtub
(b) A bowl
(c) A jar
(d) A towel
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Van Daans make up for the new person?
2. When did the Franks emigrate to Holland?
3. What does Anne say would help her more than what she swallows in #85?
4. What does Elli give Margot and Anne to do?
5. Who does Anne want to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the occupants of the Annexe celebrate both St. Nicolas Day and Chanuka?
2. Describe Anne's dream about Lies.
3. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
4. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
5. Anne has a favorite parent, who is it? What does Anne think of this parent's actions toward Margot?
6. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
7. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
8. Describe some of Anne's difficulties with her new male roommate.
9. Describe the Van Daans
10. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)