|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the occupants of the hiding place have to share?
(a) A towel
(b) A washtub
(c) A jar
(d) A bowl
2. Why does Anne want to learn shorthand?
(a) It will impress her father
(b) It's good for her career goals
(c) It's important to write in code
(d) It's important to have skills
3. What does Miep bring on Christmas in 1943?
(a) A bundle of expensive presents
(b) A turkey
(c) A message from others in hiding
(d) A cake with Peace 1944 written on it
4. What does Anne say would help her more than what she swallows in #85?
(a) A good hearty laugh
(b) A trip to the store
(c) A bath
(d) Clean clothes
5. What does Dussel sound like when he sleeps?
(a) Like a man snoring
(b) Like a fish gasping for breath
(c) Like a lamb baaing
(d) Like a bear growlling
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Van Daans arrive?
2. What game do Margot and Anne like to play with friends?
3. Who needs to go to the hospital for abdominal surgery?
4. What was Mr. Van Daan wearing as he was making sausages?
5. What is Dussel and Anne's argument over?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Jews are restricted in many ways during this time of the second World Wars. What are some of the restrictions that Anne acknowledges?
2. Anne believes it's very important to write in code and takes measures to learn to do so. What does she sign up for?
3. What does Anne take to help her with her depression? What does she think would help more?
4. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
5. What makes Anne's hands shake terribly? What has happened at the Annexe?
6. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
7. With whom is Anne friends?
8. Describe the Secret Annexe.
9. What happens when Mrs. Van Daan is upset by the loud noises outside, but can not find her husband to calm her?
10. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)