|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Frank make for Margot and Anne?
(a) A small notebook in which they can share thoughts
(b) A large pillow for them to share
(c) A music box that helps them pass the time
(d) A card index box to write down names of books they have read
2. What is Camera Obscura?
(a) A book about cameras
(b) A party game
(c) A camera
(d) A poem
3. What happened on Saturday afternoon?
(a) Margot went to play ping pong
(b) Mr. Frank left to go into hiding
(c) Anne received her diary
(d) It was Anne's birthday party
4. What is the profession of this new person?
(a) A dentist
(b) A doctor
(c) A veterinarian
(d) A hatmaker
5. Where is the entry to the hiding place?
(a) On the second floor
(b) Under the front stoop
(c) In the attic
(d) On the first floor
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Anne and Margot born?
2. What does Anne think about her period?
3. Who does Mrs. Frank tell that she can't bear their stupid chatter anymore?
4. Who is the person that members of the secret hiding place fear now?
5. Who does Anne feel is unbearable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne receive for her birthday?
2. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
3. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
4. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
5. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
6. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
7. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
8. What did Anne have to do when she was scolded for talking? How many times did she have to do this task?
9. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
10. Anne believes it's very important to write in code and takes measures to learn to do so. What does she sign up for?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)