|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mr. Van Daan's past job?
(a) A car manufacturer
(b) A cook
(c) A carpenter
(d) A sausage maker
2. Who says, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"?
(a) Mr. Koophuis
(b) Mr. Frank
(c) Mr. Van Daan
(d) Winston Churchill
3. What does Anne do in response to loud war noises outside?
(a) She packs up an escape bag
(b) She goes to her father
(c) She covers her ears
(d) She tries to escape
4. What does Anne say would help her more than what she swallows in #85?
(a) A trip to the store
(b) Clean clothes
(c) A good hearty laugh
(d) A bath
5. What did Anne NOT receive?
(b) A plant
(d) A new coat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne give to her father for his birthday?
2. what was on top of the basket at the celebration?
3. What did Anne and her family do to avoid carrying bags and calling attention to themselves?
4. Where does Anne go to school?
5. What is the reason Anne gives for starting her diary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne is beginning to develop into a young woman. Give two examples of how the reader can see this in the diary entries.
2. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
3. The Jews are restricted in many ways during this time of the second World Wars. What are some of the restrictions that Anne acknowledges?
4. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
5. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
6. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
7. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
8. With whom is Anne friends?
9. Anne has a busy day of reading on April 27th. About what does she begin to read?
10. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)