|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person Anne sees in her dreams?
(a) Mrs. Frank
(b) Lies Goosens
(c) Jopie de Waal
2. What sound can't Mr. Frank, Margot, and Mrs. Frank get used to hearing?
(a) The Westeroren Clock
(b) The radio
(c) The nearby church bells
(d) The workers downstairs
3. What is used to hide the door to the hiding place?
(a) A bookshelf
(b) A cupboard
(c) A plant
(d) A chair
4. Who was in The Lighthouse Keeper?
(a) Mr. Koophuis
(c) A friend of Anne's
(d) Rin Tin Tin
5. What did Anne NOT receive?
(a) A plant
(b) A new coat
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Van Daans arrive?
2. Why wasn't anyone warned about the person who came unexpectedly?
3. Who is Anne's sister?
4. Who died in 1942, who Anne says she misses terribly?
5. Where does Peter suggest Anne try to take her bath?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
2. The Jews are restricted in many ways during this time of the second World Wars. What are some of the restrictions that Anne acknowledges?
3. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
4. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
5. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
6. What makes Anne's hands shake terribly? What has happened at the Annexe?
7. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
8. Anne believes it's very important to write in code and takes measures to learn to do so. What does she sign up for?
9. Anne has a favorite parent, who is it? What does Anne think of this parent's actions toward Margot?
10. What did Anne have to do when she was scolded for talking? How many times did she have to do this task?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)