|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dussel decide to do with this free time and skills?
(a) Open up a vet clinic
(b) Open up a medical clinic
(c) Open up a dental clinic
(d) Work on other people's hats
2. Who does Anne feel is unbearable?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan
(b) Mrs. Frank
3. Which is not one of Anne's school friends?
(a) Lies Goosens
(b) Peter Van Daan
(c) Jopie de Waal
(d) Sanne Houtman
4. Why does the electricity have to go off for two weeks?
(a) They have been found out
(b) They have used up the ration.
(c) They have been making too much noise
(d) They have not paid the bill
5. What do the Van Daans make up for the new person?
(a) A new bed
(b) A plate of food
(c) A set of rules
(d) A new shirt
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Frank make for Margot and Anne?
2. What French book is Anne attempting to read?
3. Who is the new person that the hiding place will include?
4. Where did Anne go to school before the time of Hitler's rules?
5. What is Anne's father's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom is Anne friends?
2. Describe Anne's impressions of Mrs. Van Daan.
3. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
4. Anne has a favorite parent, who is it? What does Anne think of this parent's actions toward Margot?
5. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
6. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
7. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
8. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
9. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
10. Why does Anne say that Jews and Germans are the greatest enemies in the world?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)