|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Anne have to say goodbye to when they left their home?
(a) Her boyfriend, Harry
(b) Her cat, Moortje
(c) Her dog, Moorno
(d) Her friend, Lies
2. What was the special occasion on June 12th?
(a) Peter's birthday
(b) Anne's birthday
(c) Margot's birthday
(d) Mr. Frank's birthday
3. What do the Gestapo say happens when hostages end up dead?
(a) They call them fatal accidents
(b) They call them terrific murders
(c) They call them horrible tragedies
(d) They call them accidental occurrences
4. What French book is Anne attempting to read?
(a) Le Tragedie de la Guerre
(b) La Belle Nouveau Riche
(c) La Plus des Enfants
(d) La Belle Nivernaise
5. What does Anne swallow everyday?
(b) Fish oil
(c) Valerian pills
(d) Sugar water
Short Answer Questions
1. what was on top of the basket at the celebration?
2. Who does Anne feel is unbearable?
3. What does Miep bring on Christmas in 1943?
4. What does Mr. Frank make for Margot and Anne?
5. What flowers are given to Mrs. Van Daan on her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Secret Annexe.
2. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
3. Why is Anne upset with her mother on March 17, 1944? What things is Mrs. Frank asking of her daughter?
4. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
5. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
6. What does Peter joke about that disturbs Anne? Why does this bother her?
7. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
8. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
9. What are the differences in the conversations that the men have versus the women? About what do they each talk?
10. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)