|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anne's sister?
2. How many people are in the hiding place after the Van Daans arrive?
3. What rule is NOT true for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
(a) They have to shave their heads
(b) They have to be inside their homes by 8 at night
(c) They have to wear a yellow star
(d) They can only shop at designated stores
4. What flowers are given to Mrs. Van Daan on her birthday?
(c) Red carnations
5. Who does Anne want to marry?
(a) Peter Wessel
(b) Henk Klaus
(c) Albert Dussel
(d) Peter Van Daan
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne mean by shank's mare?
2. Who died in 1942, who Anne says she misses terribly?
3. What has been Anne's prized possession, before her diary?
4. What DOES NOT happen at Westerbork?
5. Which is NOT a title of an essay that Anne has to write as a punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
2. Describe some of Anne's difficulties with her new male roommate.
3. Describe Anne's impressions of Mrs. Van Daan.
4. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
5. Describe Anne's dream about Lies.
6. What does Anne receive for her birthday?
7. What happens to Anne's fountain pen?
8. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
9. Describe the Van Daans
10. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)