|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Anne and her father do for everyone on St. Nicolas Day?
(a) They write poems for each member of the hiding place
(b) They cook a wonderful meal
(c) They decorate a Christmas tree
(d) They sing songs
2. Who is the Van Daan's son?
3. What did Anne NOT receive?
(b) A new coat
(c) A plant
4. What do Anne and her father use for their waste?
(a) A wooden mug
(b) A small bowl
(c) A glass cup
(d) A glass preserving jar
5. What bites Peter?
(a) A bug
(b) A rat
(c) His cat
(d) A spider
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I don't want to be cross, love can not be forced?"
2. What is the profession of this new person?
3. Who died in 1942, who Anne says she misses terribly?
4. What sound can't Mr. Frank, Margot, and Mrs. Frank get used to hearing?
5. Where does Anne go to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of Anne's difficulties with her new male roommate.
2. What did Anne have to do when she was scolded for talking? How many times did she have to do this task?
3. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
4. At school, what does Anne bring for her classmates?
5. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
6. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
7. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
8. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
9. What makes Anne's hands shake terribly? What has happened at the Annexe?
10. Why do the occupants of the Annexe celebrate both St. Nicolas Day and Chanuka?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)