|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dussel's first client?
(c) Mrs. Van Daan
(d) Mrs. Frank
2. What has been Anne's prized possession, before her diary?
(a) Her fountain pen
(b) Her cat
(c) Her book
(d) Her vest
3. What is the profession of this new person?
(a) A hatmaker
(b) A veterinarian
(c) A doctor
(d) A dentist
4. Who does Anne want to marry?
(a) Peter Wessel
(b) Peter Van Daan
(c) Albert Dussel
(d) Henk Klaus
5. What does Dussel sound like when he sleeps?
(a) Like a bear growlling
(b) Like a lamb baaing
(c) Like a fish gasping for breath
(d) Like a man snoring
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne think about her period?
2. Who is Anne's sister?
3. What good news does the secret hiding place receive for the Christmas season?
4. What happened on Saturday afternoon?
5. Who says, "I don't want to be cross, love can not be forced?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of Anne's difficulties with her new male roommate.
2. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
3. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
4. How does the group celebrate Mrs. Van Daan's birthday?
5. Describe Anne's dream about Lies.
6. What did Anne have to do when she was scolded for talking? How many times did she have to do this task?
7. At school, what does Anne bring for her classmates?
8. The Jews are restricted in many ways during this time of the second World Wars. What are some of the restrictions that Anne acknowledges?
9. What makes Anne's hands shake terribly? What has happened at the Annexe?
10. With whom is Anne friends?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)