|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne do in response to loud war noises outside?
(a) She packs up an escape bag
(b) She goes to her father
(c) She covers her ears
(d) She tries to escape
2. Why does Anne want to learn shorthand?
(a) It's important to write in code
(b) It's important to have skills
(c) It's good for her career goals
(d) It will impress her father
3. What does Miep bring on Christmas in 1943?
(a) A message from others in hiding
(b) A turkey
(c) A bundle of expensive presents
(d) A cake with Peace 1944 written on it
4. Who did Anne have to say goodbye to when they left their home?
(a) Her dog, Moorno
(b) Her friend, Lies
(c) Her boyfriend, Harry
(d) Her cat, Moortje
5. What happened on Saturday afternoon?
(a) Mr. Frank left to go into hiding
(b) It was Anne's birthday party
(c) Anne received her diary
(d) Margot went to play ping pong
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anne's father's nickname?
2. Who needs to go to the hospital for abdominal surgery?
3. What was Mr. Van Daan's past job?
4. When did the Franks emigrate to Holland?
5. What does Dussel decide to do with this free time and skills?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Jews are restricted in many ways during this time of the second World Wars. What are some of the restrictions that Anne acknowledges?
2. What happens to Anne's fountain pen?
3. With whom is Anne friends?
4. What makes Anne's hands shake terribly? What has happened at the Annexe?
5. Describe some of Anne's difficulties with her new male roommate.
6. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
7. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
8. What happens when Mrs. Van Daan is upset by the loud noises outside, but can not find her husband to calm her?
9. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
10. What does Anne take to help her with her depression? What does she think would help more?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)