|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Anne go to school before the time of Hitler's rules?
(a) Jewish Secondary School
(b) Academy of Judiasm
(c) Berlin Elementary
(d) Montessori Kindergarten
2. Who were the occupants of the hiding place not warned was coming?
(a) The garbage man
(b) The carpenter
(c) The SS
(d) The milkman
3. Who says, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"?
(a) Winston Churchill
(b) Mr. Van Daan
(c) Mr. Koophuis
(d) Mr. Frank
4. What sound can't Mr. Frank, Margot, and Mrs. Frank get used to hearing?
(a) The Westeroren Clock
(b) The nearby church bells
(c) The workers downstairs
(d) The radio
5. Who says, "I don't want to be cross, love can not be forced?"
(a) Mrs. Frank to Anne
(b) Anne to Peter
(c) Peter to Anne
(d) Anne to Mrs. Frank
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Anne have to say goodbye to when they left their home?
2. What do the Gestapo say happens when hostages end up dead?
3. Which is NOT a title of an essay that Anne has to write as a punishment?
4. What does Elli give Margot and Anne to do?
5. Where were Anne and Margot born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Anne's fountain pen?
2. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
3. The Jews are restricted in many ways during this time of the second World Wars. What are some of the restrictions that Anne acknowledges?
4. Describe some of Anne's difficulties with her new male roommate.
5. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
6. Describe the Secret Annexe.
7. Anne has a favorite parent, who is it? What does Anne think of this parent's actions toward Margot?
8. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
9. What makes Anne's hands shake terribly? What has happened at the Annexe?
10. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)