|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Van Daans thinking about selling Mrs. Van Daan's fur coat?
(a) It doesn't fit Mrs. Van Daan anymore
(b) They don't use it anymore
(c) Someone has offered to buy it
(d) They have run out of money
2. What is the name of Mrs. Koophuis' daughter?
3. what was on top of the basket at the celebration?
(a) A cross
(b) A star of David
(c) A mask of Black Peter
(d) A picture of Jesus
4. What does Anne mean by shank's mare?
(a) To travel by foot
(b) To travel by bus
(c) To travel by train
(d) To travel by horse
5. What does Anne swallow everyday?
(a) Valerian pills
(b) Sugar water
(d) Fish oil
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne say would help her more than what she swallows in #85?
2. What is used to hide the door to the hiding place?
3. What was the special occasion on June 12th?
4. What did Anne NOT receive?
5. Who does Anne want to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mrs. Van Daan is upset by the loud noises outside, but can not find her husband to calm her?
2. Describe some of Anne's difficulties with her new male roommate.
3. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
4. Describe the Van Daans
5. Describe Anne's feelings about having a diary.
6. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
7. Anne believes it's very important to write in code and takes measures to learn to do so. What does she sign up for?
8. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
9. Describe the scene with Mr. Van Daan and the sausage.
10. What does Anne take to help her with her depression? What does she think would help more?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)