|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Franks emigrate to Holland?
2. Why does the electricity have to go off for two weeks?
(a) They have been found out
(b) They have not paid the bill
(c) They have used up the ration.
(d) They have been making too much noise
3. Who is NOT going to take shorthand?
(d) Mrs. Van Daan
4. What does Anne swallow everyday?
(b) Sugar water
(c) Valerian pills
(d) Fish oil
5. What was Mr. Van Daan's past job?
(a) A sausage maker
(b) A car manufacturer
(c) A carpenter
(d) A cook
Short Answer Questions
1. What French book is Anne attempting to read?
2. How many people are in the hiding place after the Van Daans arrive?
3. Who is the Van Daan's son?
4. What holidays arrive just one day apart in 1942?
5. What is some of the best war news they receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anne's father want to give her a Bible? Why does he decide to give it to her on St. Nicolas Day?
2. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
3. Describe Anne's dream about Lies.
4. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
5. At school, what does Anne bring for her classmates?
6. What happens when Mrs. Van Daan is upset by the loud noises outside, but can not find her husband to calm her?
7. Describe some of Anne's difficulties with her new male roommate.
8. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
9. What makes Anne's hands shake terribly? What has happened at the Annexe?
10. What does Anne receive for her birthday?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)