|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anne's father's nickname?
2. Who is Miep's husband?
3. What was Mr. Van Daan wearing as he was making sausages?
(a) Mr. Dussel's hat
(b) Mrs. Van Daan's fur
(c) Mr. Frank's shirt
(d) His wife's apron
4. What time did Anne wake up on June 12th?
(a) At 6:00AM
(b) At 8:00AM
(c) At 12:00PM
(d) At 10:00AM
5. What does Dussel sound like when he sleeps?
(a) Like a lamb baaing
(b) Like a bear growlling
(c) Like a man snoring
(d) Like a fish gasping for breath
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne feel is unbearable?
2. What was the special occasion on June 12th?
3. Who died in 1942, who Anne says she misses terribly?
4. What is a call-up notice?
5. What happened on Saturday afternoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
2. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
3. On February 12, 1944, Anne's mood changes and the reader sees some of the most positive writing of the entire diary. To what does Anne compare herself?
4. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
5. Anne decides that her diary should be addressed as though it were a friend. How does she decide to do this?
6. Anne and Peter's relationship is starting to change. What are three things that Peter does that make him seem like he might like Anne more?
7. Describe Anne's feelings about having a diary.
8. Anne decides she has learned how to get along with Mrs. Van Daan. What are some of the qualities that Anne appreciates in Mrs. Van Daan now?
9. Anne has a favorite parent, who is it? What does Anne think of this parent's actions toward Margot?
10. Anne believes it's very important to write in code and takes measures to learn to do so. What does she sign up for?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)