|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Frank tell that she can't bear their stupid chatter anymore?
(a) Mr. Frank
(c) Mr. Van Daan
(d) Mrs. Van Daan
2. Which of the following IS a rule for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
(a) They can stay out later on the weekends
(b) They can not go to places of entertainment
(c) They can associate with anyone they like
(d) They can not meet with other Jews
3. Who died in 1942, who Anne says she misses terribly?
(a) Her aunt
(b) Her brother
(c) Her Granny
(d) Her cat
4. What was Mr. Van Daan wearing as he was making sausages?
(a) His wife's apron
(b) Mrs. Van Daan's fur
(c) Mr. Dussel's hat
(d) Mr. Frank's shirt
5. When did the Van Daans arrive?
(a) July 13
(b) July 15
(c) July 12
(d) July 14
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person Anne sees in her dreams?
2. Where does Anne go to school?
3. Who says, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"?
4. What rule is NOT true for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
5. Who does Anne feel is unbearable?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the occupants of the Annexe celebrate both St. Nicolas Day and Chanuka?
2. At school, what does Anne bring for her classmates?
3. What did Anne have to do when she was scolded for talking? How many times did she have to do this task?
4. What are food cycles, according to Anne?
5. How does Peter say that Anne helps him? How does Anne respond in her diary?
6. What other things besides her diary has Anne written?
7. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
8. What does Anne's father think about Anne and Peter? How do his feelings change?
9. The Jews are restricted in many ways during this time of the second World Wars. What are some of the restrictions that Anne acknowledges?
10. Why is Anne upset with her mother on March 17, 1944? What things is Mrs. Frank asking of her daughter?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)