|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anne go to school?
(a) Jewish Primary School
(b) Hebrew Academy
(d) Jewish Secondary School
2. What does Dussel sound like when he sleeps?
(a) Like a fish gasping for breath
(b) Like a bear growlling
(c) Like a lamb baaing
(d) Like a man snoring
3. What are the new students required to sign and to promise?
(a) That they are in agreement with the New Order
(b) That they will fight for Hitler
(c) That they will do well in school
(d) That they will not take anyone into hiding
4. What happened on Saturday afternoon?
(a) It was Anne's birthday party
(b) Margot went to play ping pong
(c) Anne received her diary
(d) Mr. Frank left to go into hiding
5. What is the profession of this new person?
(a) A veterinarian
(b) A dentist
(c) A doctor
(d) A hatmaker
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne swallow everyday?
2. What has been Anne's prized possession, before her diary?
3. Which of the following IS a rule for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
4. Who has been told that they don't look well at all?
5. What does Miep bring on Christmas in 1943?
Short Essay Questions
1. Anne upsets her mother very much by something she says. What does Anne say to her mother? What does Anne's mother reply?
2. Why do the occupants of the Annexe celebrate both St. Nicolas Day and Chanuka?
3. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
4. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
5. What does Anne take to help her with her depression? What does she think would help more?
6. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
7. Describe Anne's feelings about having a diary.
8. What did Anne do at her birthday party?
9. Describe the scene with Mr. Dussel and Mrs. Van Daan.
10. Anne believes it's very important to write in code and takes measures to learn to do so. What does she sign up for?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)