|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the building with the secret hiding place?
(a) It has been vacated by the workers
(b) One of the windows was shattered
(c) A fire has damaged it
(d) It has been sold to a new owner
2. Who died in 1942, who Anne says she misses terribly?
(a) Her aunt
(b) Her Granny
(c) Her brother
(d) Her cat
3. What is NOT one of the rules instated after burglars come?
(a) No tap use
(b) No opening of the windows
(c) No lavatory
(d) No washing
4. Who is Miep's husband?
5. What does Miep bring on Christmas in 1943?
(a) A cake with Peace 1944 written on it
(b) A bundle of expensive presents
(c) A message from others in hiding
(d) A turkey
Short Answer Questions
1. What DOES NOT happen at Westerbork?
2. What was "possibly the nicest of all" the presents Anne received?
3. what was on top of the basket at the celebration?
4. What happens to Anne's prized possession?
5. Who says, "I don't want to be cross, love can not be forced?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
2. Describe Anne's dream about Lies.
3. Anne believes it's very important to write in code and takes measures to learn to do so. What does she sign up for?
4. What do the Franks do in preparation for moving into their hiding place?
5. Describe the Van Daans
6. What happens when Mrs. Van Daan is upset by the loud noises outside, but can not find her husband to calm her?
7. Why do the occupants of the Annexe celebrate both St. Nicolas Day and Chanuka?
8. The Jews are restricted in many ways during this time of the second World Wars. What are some of the restrictions that Anne acknowledges?
9. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
10. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)