|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened on Saturday afternoon?
(a) Anne received her diary
(b) Mr. Frank left to go into hiding
(c) It was Anne's birthday party
(d) Margot went to play ping pong
2. What are the new students required to sign and to promise?
(a) That they will do well in school
(b) That they will fight for Hitler
(c) That they are in agreement with the New Order
(d) That they will not take anyone into hiding
3. Who does Anne want to marry?
(a) Albert Dussel
(b) Peter Van Daan
(c) Henk Klaus
(d) Peter Wessel
4. What did Anne NOT receive?
(a) A new coat
(d) A plant
5. What does Elli give Margot and Anne to do?
(a) Potatoes to peel
(b) Office work
(c) Money to count
(d) Books to read
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did Anne wake up on June 12th?
2. Who did NOT work for Mr. Frank?
3. What is Westerbork?
4. What is used to hide the door to the hiding place?
5. What holidays arrive just one day apart in 1942?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anne's impressions of Mrs. Van Daan.
2. What do Margot and Anne do for Elli? Do they enjoy these tasks?
3. Describe Anne's feelings about having a diary.
4. Anne gets news of the outside world and what is happening to the Jews who are caught. What are some of the things that are happening?
5. Describe the spots where various members of the Annexe bathe.
6. What causes the Franks to consider moving to their hiding place sooner than they thought they would have to?
7. The Jews are restricted in many ways during this time of the second World Wars. What are some of the restrictions that Anne acknowledges?
8. What happens to Anne's fountain pen?
9. What happens between Dussel and Anne? Does it get resolved?
10. What happens when Mrs. Van Daan is upset by the loud noises outside, but can not find her husband to calm her?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)