|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Frank forbid Anne to go upstairs with Peter?
(a) It was Mr. Frank's idea
(b) Mr. Van Daan said so
(c) Mrs. Van Daan is jealous
(d) Mrs. Frank thinks Peter and Anne are being too flirtatious
2. What does Anne realize that Peter needs?
(a) A different mother
(b) A new shirt
(c) A better work ethic
3. When do people look disapprovingly at Anne?
(a) When she talks to Mrs. Van Daan
(b) When she argues
(c) When she tries a new hairstyle
(d) When she sighs
4. Who does Anne speak about in the beginning of her entry on March 31, 1944? Of what country does she speak?
(a) Stalin and Russia
(b) Mussolini and Italy
(c) Hiter and Germany
(d) Churchill and England
5. Who spoke on Dutch News from London?
6. What color eyes does Peter have?
(a) Clear blue eyes
(b) Clear green eyes
(c) Clear brown eyes
(d) Clear hazel eyes
7. What happens to Anne's papers?
(a) They get soaked in water
(b) They disappeared
(c) They burn in the fire
(d) They are stolen
8. While Anne does not enjoy the frequent discussions of politics, there is one thing she believes to be perfect about the political situation. What is it?
(a) Articles in the newspapers
(b) Miep's observations of the war
(c) Reports from the BBC
(d) Speeches by Winston Churchill
9. Who was picked up for having two Jews in his house?
(a) Mr. Kraler
(b) Dussel's brother
(c) Mr. Koophuis
(d) The vegetable man
10. What does Peter think would be easier to be?
(a) An SS member
(b) A Christian
(c) A German
(d) A woman
11. Which is NOT a name for a special news service that the secret hiding space members have heard of?
(a) English BBC
(b) German Wehrmacht
(c) Special Air Raid Announcements
(d) German News Network
12. Who was Anne attracted to in kindergarten?
(a) Karel Samson
(b) Peter Wessel
(c) Hans Frichen
(d) Henk Spetzel
13. What is Anne's greatest wish in life?
(a) To become a mother
(b) To become a doctor
(c) To become a journalist
(d) To become a wife
14. What inevitably happens at the end of the radio speeches?
(a) Everyone starts to argue
(b) Everyone remains quiet
(c) Everyone begins to cry
(d) Everyone goes to bed
15. About what do Mummy and Mrs. Van Daan always talk?
(a) Old stories of their youth
(b) Their children
(d) Their husbands
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Anne understand?
2. How does Peter learn about this?
3. Who is the most optimistic about the war's progress?
4. Which is NOT one of the ways that people suggest preparing for the invasion?
5. What does Mr. Frank lose on a bet with Mrs. Van Daan?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)