|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Germany do to protect the country in the event of an invasion?
(a) Fight back
(b) Burn down the buildings
(c) Flood the land
(d) Kill all the Jews
2. What is the one thing Peter admires about Anne?
(a) She is pretty
(b) She's never at a loss for words
(c) She's always right
(d) She has lovely hair
3. What is Anne afraid she will grow up to be?
(a) Someone like Margot
(b) An old maid
(c) A boring woman
(d) A dried up old beanstalk
4. For what has Anne developed a great love?
(a) Geneological tables
(b) Mr. Van Daan
(c) A movie star
5. What ISN'T Anne asked about by her mother?
(a) Whether she is reading the proper books
(b) Whether she has put salt on her food
(c) Whether she likes Peter
(d) Whether she should start undressing for bed
6. With who did Anne think Peter used to be in love?
7. What country still has one million Jews there, according to Anne?
8. What does Peter talk of that makes Anne's heart break?
(a) He talks of being a criminal and of gambling
(b) He speaks of marriage
(c) He thinks about dying
(d) He talks about leaving
9. What does Henk talk about to the family?
(a) A phone call to the doctor
(b) His family
(c) His trip to the hiding spot
(d) His last vacation
10. What does Peter say are "first rate" to Anne?
(b) Her ideas about the war
(c) Her dance steps
(d) Her diary entries
11. About what do Mummy and Mrs. Van Daan always talk?
(a) Their husbands
(c) Their children
(d) Old stories of their youth
12. Why does Anne think Peter and she are not so different?
(a) Because they both lack a mother
(b) Because they are both in hiding
(c) Because they're close to the same age
(d) Because they both need love
13. What is Mr. Frank's advice to Anne?
(a) To stop seeing Peter altogether
(b) To marry Peter
(c) To tell the Van Daans
(d) To hold back and not see Peter as often
14. What did Peter do on Margot's birthday that was out of character?
(a) He barely said a word to her
(b) He gave her a nice present
(c) He gave her a kiss
(d) He stayed longer than was strictly necessary
15. Who has disappeared?
(c) Mr. Koophuis
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter do with Bosche?
2. What color eyes does Peter have?
3. What was Peter not doing that evening that he would have time to talk with Anne?
4. What kind of party does Miep describe to the family?
5. Who or what is Bosche?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)