|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of party does Miep describe to the family?
(a) An anniversary
(b) An engagement party
(c) A wedding reception
(d) A birthday
2. While Anne does not enjoy the frequent discussions of politics, there is one thing she believes to be perfect about the political situation. What is it?
(a) Reports from the BBC
(b) Articles in the newspapers
(c) Miep's observations of the war
(d) Speeches by Winston Churchill
3. What does Mr. B procure for the occupants of the hiding place and for the workers?
(a) Fake documentation
4. What causes Anne's father to be upset with her?
(a) She writes him a letter
(b) She ignores him
(c) She is necking with Peter
(d) She yells at him
5. What is Anne's greatest wish in life?
(a) To become a doctor
(b) To become a mother
(c) To become a journalist
(d) To become a wife
6. What does Kraler bring with him on Mondays?
(a) The Cinema and Theater
(b) A bag of candy
(c) More ration tickets
(d) A newspaper
7. Why can't those hiding in the secret hiding area use the water?
(a) They are not allowed
(b) Mr. Kraler is getting worried
(c) They are using too much
(d) The sewer is blocked
8. Why does Mrs. Frank forbid Anne to go upstairs with Peter?
(a) Mr. Van Daan said so
(b) It was Mr. Frank's idea
(c) Mrs. Van Daan is jealous
(d) Mrs. Frank thinks Peter and Anne are being too flirtatious
9. What does Mr. Van Daan do to cope with the stresses of his life?
(a) He drinks too much
(b) He hides away from everyone else
(c) He argues with his wife
(d) He smokes and smokes and smokes
10. Of which Peter does Anne dream?
(a) Peter Dresden
(b) Peter Wessel
(c) Peter Hanson
(d) Peter Van Daan
11. What does Peter think would be easier to be?
(a) A German
(b) A Christian
(c) An SS member
(d) A woman
12. How does Peter learn about this?
(a) By asking Anne
(b) By asking his father
(c) By reading it in a book
(d) By learning on his own
13. When do people look disapprovingly at Anne?
(a) When she talks to Mrs. Van Daan
(b) When she tries a new hairstyle
(c) When she sighs
(d) When she argues
14. What does Anne realize that Peter needs?
(b) A better work ethic
(c) A different mother
(d) A new shirt
15. What country still has one million Jews there, according to Anne?
Short Answer Questions
1. About what did the report on Dutch News from London talk?
2. From where does Bosche's fat come?
3. Who has disappeared?
4. What is the title Anne would choose for her diary?
5. What can't Anne understand?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)