|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anne speak about in the beginning of her entry on March 31, 1944? Of what country does she speak?
(a) Stalin and Russia
(b) Mussolini and Italy
(c) Churchill and England
(d) Hiter and Germany
2. How does Peter learn about this?
(a) By reading it in a book
(b) By asking Anne
(c) By asking his father
(d) By learning on his own
3. What color eyes does Peter have?
(a) Clear green eyes
(b) Clear brown eyes
(c) Clear blue eyes
(d) Clear hazel eyes
4. From where does Bosche's fat come?
(a) Too many second helpings
(b) It's really not known.
(c) Stolen bones
(d) From being pregnant
5. Why can't those hiding in the secret hiding area use the water?
(a) They are using too much
(b) They are not allowed
(c) Mr. Kraler is getting worried
(d) The sewer is blocked
6. What does Peter talk of that makes Anne's heart break?
(a) He talks of being a criminal and of gambling
(b) He thinks about dying
(c) He talks about leaving
(d) He speaks of marriage
7. Who was Anne attracted to in kindergarten?
(a) Peter Wessel
(b) Henk Spetzel
(c) Hans Frichen
(d) Karel Samson
8. Why are people talking about different ways of preparing themselves?
(a) They are making jokes
(b) There is talk of an invasion
(c) They are leaving soon
(d) They need something to be positive about
9. What does Mr. Frank lose on a bet with Mrs. Van Daan?
(a) 5 bottles of yogurt
(b) 5 pounds of sugar
(c) 5 pounds of butter
(d) 5 pieces of bread
10. What will Germany do to protect the country in the event of an invasion?
(a) Burn down the buildings
(b) Fight back
(c) Flood the land
(d) Kill all the Jews
11. What does Mouschi do that upsets Peter?
(a) The cat jumps on Peter and scratches him
(b) The cat yowls
(c) The cat runs away
(d) The cat urinates in wood shavings
12. What has the Court forbidden from digging?
13. What happens to Anne's papers?
(a) They burn in the fire
(b) They are stolen
(c) They get soaked in water
(d) They disappeared
14. Who has disappeared?
(b) Mr. Koophuis
15. Why does Anne think Peter and she are not so different?
(a) Because they are both in hiding
(b) Because they're close to the same age
(c) Because they both need love
(d) Because they both lack a mother
Short Answer Questions
1. With who did Anne think Peter used to be in love?
2. What does Anne feel is the best remedy for those who are angry, lonely, or unhappy?
3. What are the newspapers publishing?
4. When do people look disapprovingly at Anne?
5. Anne and Peter talk about whether or not to tell Mr. Frank. Who is chosen to talk to Mr. Frank about their relationship?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)