|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne is constantly enthralled with a certain kind of people. Which people are these?
(a) The Jews
(b) The Dutch
(c) The Christians
(d) The Germans
2. Who does Anne speak about in the beginning of her entry on March 31, 1944? Of what country does she speak?
(a) Mussolini and Italy
(b) Stalin and Russia
(c) Churchill and England
(d) Hiter and Germany
3. What does Anne do to try to stop thinking?
(a) She talks to Peter
(b) She lies down on the divan to sleep
(c) She writes in her diary
(d) She talks to her father
4. What happens to Anne's papers?
(a) They get soaked in water
(b) They are stolen
(c) They disappeared
(d) They burn in the fire
5. Who was picked up for having two Jews in his house?
(a) Mr. Kraler
(b) Mr. Koophuis
(c) Dussel's brother
(d) The vegetable man
6. What is the one thing Peter admires about Anne?
(a) She has lovely hair
(b) She's always right
(c) She is pretty
(d) She's never at a loss for words
7. What does Peter do with Bosche?
(a) Shows that she's pregnant
(b) Shows off his sex organs
(c) Gives the cat to Anne
(d) Falls asleep with the cat in his arms
8. How does Anne describe her hair?
(a) House-garden-kitchen hair style
(b) Too straight and flat
9. Which is NOT a name for a special news service that the secret hiding space members have heard of?
(a) English BBC
(b) German Wehrmacht
(c) Special Air Raid Announcements
(d) German News Network
10. Who doesn't believe that the big men, the capitalists, and the politicians are guilty of the war?
(b) Mr. Frank
(c) Mr. Van Daan
11. Which is NOT one of the ways that people suggest preparing for the invasion?
(a) Eating more to put on weight
(b) Sewing money into clothing
(c) Staying where they are
(d) Leaving the country
12. What book is Anne reading that necessitates a long entry by Anne?
(a) What Do You Know about the Jews?
(b) What Do You Think about Boys?
(c) What Do You Think of the War?
(d) What Do You Think of The Modern Girl?
13. What kind of party does Miep describe to the family?
(a) An anniversary
(b) An engagement party
(c) A wedding reception
(d) A birthday
14. What does Mr. B procure for the occupants of the hiding place and for the workers?
(d) Fake documentation
15. What is Anne afraid she will grow up to be?
(a) A dried up old beanstalk
(b) An old maid
(c) Someone like Margot
(d) A boring woman
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Anne very happy on April 16th?
2. What is Mrs. Van Daan's outlook on the war at the moment?
3. What does Anne feel is the best remedy for those who are angry, lonely, or unhappy?
4. What has the Court forbidden from digging?
5. Who asks is they can trust Peter and Anne alone in the attic?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)