|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Anne beginning to long?
(a) A walk outside
(c) A kiss
(d) A piece of bread
2. What do neither Anne nor Peter do?
(a) Feel confined by their living space
(b) Wish for peace
(c) Talk about their feelings
(d) Confide in their parents
3. What is Anne holding to her face?
(a) A scented handkerchief
(b) A rag
(c) A flower
(d) Her hand
4. What happens to Anne's papers?
(a) They get soaked in water
(b) They are stolen
(c) They burn in the fire
(d) They disappeared
5. What can't Anne understand?
(a) Why men talk about politics
(b) Why women are so needy
(c) Why Peter is so stubborn
(d) Why people don't like to work
6. What does Mouschi do that upsets Peter?
(a) The cat runs away
(b) The cat yowls
(c) The cat urinates in wood shavings
(d) The cat jumps on Peter and scratches him
7. What book is Anne reading that necessitates a long entry by Anne?
(a) What Do You Know about the Jews?
(b) What Do You Think about Boys?
(c) What Do You Think of The Modern Girl?
(d) What Do You Think of the War?
8. Who doesn't believe that the big men, the capitalists, and the politicians are guilty of the war?
(a) Mr. Van Daan
(c) Mr. Frank
9. What does Anne feel is the best remedy for those who are angry, lonely, or unhappy?
(a) To smile
(b) To go outside
(c) To laugh
(d) To find love
10. Anne makes a strong statement about those involved in the war. Finish her sentence, we shan't get anywhere following...
(a) A leader like Hitler
(b) An ostrich policy
(c) A dream without realism
(d) A bad plan
11. What does Peter do with Bosche?
(a) Shows that she's pregnant
(b) Shows off his sex organs
(c) Falls asleep with the cat in his arms
(d) Gives the cat to Anne
12. What is Mrs. Frank's wish?
(a) To not see the Van Daans for a fortnight
(b) To see Anne be more mature
(c) To have alone time with Mr. Frank
(d) To leave the secret hiding place right away
13. What causes Anne's father to be upset with her?
(a) She writes him a letter
(b) She ignores him
(c) She is necking with Peter
(d) She yells at him
14. What does Henk talk about to the family?
(a) His trip to the hiding spot
(b) His family
(c) A phone call to the doctor
(d) His last vacation
15. What is the one thing Anne notices about Peter?
(a) He has long fingernails
(b) He has an inferiority complex
(c) He isn't very smart
(d) He is just like her father
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Dussel and Mr. Van Daan not speaking?
2. Of which Peter does Anne dream?
3. What is the title Anne would choose for her diary?
4. What are food cycles?
5. Who asks is they can trust Peter and Anne alone in the attic?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)