|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the favorite subject of Koophuis and Henk?
(a) The underground movement
(b) The future of the Franks
(c) The food supply
(d) The role of the English
2. What does Mr. Van Daan do to cope with the stresses of his life?
(a) He drinks too much
(b) He smokes and smokes and smokes
(c) He argues with his wife
(d) He hides away from everyone else
3. What are the newspapers publishing?
(a) Pictures of Hitler
(b) Pictures of concentration camps
(c) Maps of Holland
(d) Maps of Germany
4. What does Mr. B procure for the occupants of the hiding place and for the workers?
(c) Fake documentation
5. What book is everyone reading?
(a) Cloudless Morn
(b) Heatless Summer
(c) Sunless Day
(d) Moonless Night
6. Why can't those hiding in the secret hiding area use the water?
(a) The sewer is blocked
(b) They are not allowed
(c) They are using too much
(d) Mr. Kraler is getting worried
7. What does Mouschi do that upsets Peter?
(a) The cat yowls
(b) The cat runs away
(c) The cat urinates in wood shavings
(d) The cat jumps on Peter and scratches him
8. What country still has one million Jews there, according to Anne?
9. What is Mr. Frank's advice to Anne?
(a) To hold back and not see Peter as often
(b) To tell the Van Daans
(c) To marry Peter
(d) To stop seeing Peter altogether
10. About what does Dussel always talk?
(a) His wife's extensive wardrobe
(b) Peter's laziness
(c) Anne's immaturity
(d) Mr. Frank's poor taste in clothes
11. Who is the most optimistic about the war's progress?
(a) Mrs. Frank
(b) Mrs. Van Daan
(c) Mr. Frank
(d) Mr. Van Daan
12. Who does Anne speak about in the beginning of her entry on March 31, 1944? Of what country does she speak?
(a) Mussolini and Italy
(b) Hiter and Germany
(c) Stalin and Russia
(d) Churchill and England
13. Why does Anne think Peter and she are not so different?
(a) Because they're close to the same age
(b) Because they are both in hiding
(c) Because they both need love
(d) Because they both lack a mother
14. What does Mr. Frank lose on a bet with Mrs. Van Daan?
(a) 5 pieces of bread
(b) 5 pounds of butter
(c) 5 pounds of sugar
(d) 5 bottles of yogurt
15. When do people look disapprovingly at Anne?
(a) When she argues
(b) When she talks to Mrs. Van Daan
(c) When she sighs
(d) When she tries a new hairstyle
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anne afraid she will grow up to be?
2. What does Anne realize that Peter needs?
3. Who doesn't believe that the big men, the capitalists, and the politicians are guilty of the war?
4. What does Peter think would be easier to be?
5. What do Anne and Peter finally do on April 28th?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)