|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter do with Bosche?
(a) Shows that she's pregnant
(b) Falls asleep with the cat in his arms
(c) Shows off his sex organs
(d) Gives the cat to Anne
2. What country still has one million Jews there, according to Anne?
3. What does Mr. Van Daan do to cope with the stresses of his life?
(a) He smokes and smokes and smokes
(b) He drinks too much
(c) He argues with his wife
(d) He hides away from everyone else
4. Anne is constantly enthralled with a certain kind of people. Which people are these?
(a) The Dutch
(b) The Christians
(c) The Germans
(d) The Jews
5. Who does Anne speak about in the beginning of her entry on March 31, 1944? Of what country does she speak?
(a) Churchill and England
(b) Hiter and Germany
(c) Stalin and Russia
(d) Mussolini and Italy
6. What is the one thing Peter admires about Anne?
(a) She's always right
(b) She is pretty
(c) She has lovely hair
(d) She's never at a loss for words
7. What does Anne realize that Peter needs?
(a) A new shirt
(b) A different mother
(d) A better work ethic
8. Why does Mrs. Frank forbid Anne to go upstairs with Peter?
(a) Mrs. Frank thinks Peter and Anne are being too flirtatious
(b) Mr. Van Daan said so
(c) It was Mr. Frank's idea
(d) Mrs. Van Daan is jealous
9. What do the occupants of the hiding place think the burglar has?
(a) A gun
(b) A reason to turn them in
(c) A skeleton key
(d) A vendetta against the owner of the building
10. What are food cycles?
(a) Growing seasons
(b) Times when stores only sell one kind of food
(c) Bicycles that transport food to stores
(d) Periods in which only one kind of food is eaten
11. About what does Dussel always talk?
(a) Anne's immaturity
(b) Peter's laziness
(c) Mr. Frank's poor taste in clothes
(d) His wife's extensive wardrobe
12. When do people look disapprovingly at Anne?
(a) When she tries a new hairstyle
(b) When she talks to Mrs. Van Daan
(c) When she sighs
(d) When she argues
13. What causes Anne's father to be upset with her?
(a) She ignores him
(b) She yells at him
(c) She is necking with Peter
(d) She writes him a letter
14. What does Mr. B procure for the occupants of the hiding place and for the workers?
(d) Fake documentation
15. Who was Anne attracted to in kindergarten?
(a) Peter Wessel
(b) Karel Samson
(c) Hans Frichen
(d) Henk Spetzel
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kraler bring with him on Mondays?
2. What is the title Anne would choose for her diary?
3. What book is everyone reading?
4. What is Mrs. Van Daan's outlook on the war at the moment?
5. What makes Anne very happy on April 16th?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)