|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. B procure for the occupants of the hiding place and for the workers?
(d) Fake documentation
2. What does Henk talk about to the family?
(a) His trip to the hiding spot
(b) His last vacation
(c) A phone call to the doctor
(d) His family
3. For what has Anne developed a great love?
(a) Mr. Van Daan
(c) A movie star
(d) Geneological tables
4. What is the favorite subject of Koophuis and Henk?
(a) The underground movement
(b) The future of the Franks
(c) The role of the English
(d) The food supply
5. What book is Anne reading that necessitates a long entry by Anne?
(a) What Do You Think of The Modern Girl?
(b) What Do You Think of the War?
(c) What Do You Know about the Jews?
(d) What Do You Think about Boys?
6. What country still has one million Jews there, according to Anne?
7. How does Peter learn about this?
(a) By learning on his own
(b) By asking his father
(c) By asking Anne
(d) By reading it in a book
8. What makes Anne very happy on April 16th?
(a) She finds her old pen
(b) She receives a new diary
(c) She learns that they might be leaving
(d) She receives a kiss on the cheek from Peter
9. While Anne does not enjoy the frequent discussions of politics, there is one thing she believes to be perfect about the political situation. What is it?
(a) Miep's observations of the war
(b) Speeches by Winston Churchill
(c) Reports from the BBC
(d) Articles in the newspapers
10. What does Peter think would be easier to be?
(a) A German
(b) A Christian
(c) A woman
(d) An SS member
11. What are food cycles?
(a) Growing seasons
(b) Periods in which only one kind of food is eaten
(c) Times when stores only sell one kind of food
(d) Bicycles that transport food to stores
12. With who did Anne think Peter used to be in love?
13. Why are people talking about different ways of preparing themselves?
(a) They need something to be positive about
(b) They are making jokes
(c) They are leaving soon
(d) There is talk of an invasion
14. What is Mr. Frank's advice to Anne?
(a) To stop seeing Peter altogether
(b) To hold back and not see Peter as often
(c) To tell the Van Daans
(d) To marry Peter
15. What ISN'T Anne asked about by her mother?
(a) Whether she is reading the proper books
(b) Whether she should start undressing for bed
(c) Whether she has put salt on her food
(d) Whether she likes Peter
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anne afraid she will grow up to be?
2. What does Mouschi do that upsets Peter?
3. Who spoke on Dutch News from London?
4. What is Anne's greatest wish in life?
5. Who doesn't believe that the big men, the capitalists, and the politicians are guilty of the war?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)