|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has disappeared?
(d) Mr. Koophuis
2. While Anne does not enjoy the frequent discussions of politics, there is one thing she believes to be perfect about the political situation. What is it?
(a) Articles in the newspapers
(b) Speeches by Winston Churchill
(c) Reports from the BBC
(d) Miep's observations of the war
3. What do Anne and Peter finally do on April 28th?
(a) They tell each other that they are in love
(b) They give each other a hug
(c) They kiss on the mouth
(d) They give gifts to each other
4. What is the favorite subject of Koophuis and Henk?
(a) The future of the Franks
(b) The role of the English
(c) The food supply
(d) The underground movement
5. What is the one thing Anne notices about Peter?
(a) He has an inferiority complex
(b) He isn't very smart
(c) He is just like her father
(d) He has long fingernails
6. What inevitably happens at the end of the radio speeches?
(a) Everyone remains quiet
(b) Everyone starts to argue
(c) Everyone begins to cry
(d) Everyone goes to bed
7. Why can't those hiding in the secret hiding area use the water?
(a) Mr. Kraler is getting worried
(b) They are not allowed
(c) The sewer is blocked
(d) They are using too much
8. What is the title Anne would choose for her diary?
(a) Secret Annexe
(b) A Journal of War and Hiding
(c) My Diary
(d) Anne's Thoughts
9. What do the gentlemen do as they sit around listening to the radio?
(a) Puff their pipes
(b) Pace the floor
(c) Talk with Anne
(d) Write down the stories they hear
10. What does Anne do to try to stop thinking?
(a) She talks to her father
(b) She writes in her diary
(c) She lies down on the divan to sleep
(d) She talks to Peter
11. What does Mouschi do that upsets Peter?
(a) The cat yowls
(b) The cat jumps on Peter and scratches him
(c) The cat urinates in wood shavings
(d) The cat runs away
12. What does Peter think would be easier to be?
(a) A German
(b) A woman
(c) An SS member
(d) A Christian
13. What book is Anne reading that necessitates a long entry by Anne?
(a) What Do You Think of the War?
(b) What Do You Think of The Modern Girl?
(c) What Do You Know about the Jews?
(d) What Do You Think about Boys?
14. What does Anne feel is the best remedy for those who are angry, lonely, or unhappy?
(a) To laugh
(b) To smile
(c) To go outside
(d) To find love
15. How does Peter learn about this?
(a) By asking his father
(b) By learning on his own
(c) By reading it in a book
(d) By asking Anne
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Peter admires about Anne?
2. What is Anne holding to her face?
3. What happens to Anne's papers?
4. What was Peter not doing that evening that he would have time to talk with Anne?
5. What is the super news that Anne shares on July 21?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)