|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is Bosche?
(a) Margot's pet name for Peter
(b) A stray cat that lingers around the building
(c) Peter's cat
(d) A rat
2. Who was Anne attracted to in kindergarten?
(a) Peter Wessel
(b) Karel Samson
(c) Henk Spetzel
(d) Hans Frichen
3. Why does Mrs. Frank forbid Anne to go upstairs with Peter?
(a) Mr. Van Daan said so
(b) Mrs. Frank thinks Peter and Anne are being too flirtatious
(c) Mrs. Van Daan is jealous
(d) It was Mr. Frank's idea
4. What are food cycles?
(a) Times when stores only sell one kind of food
(b) Bicycles that transport food to stores
(c) Growing seasons
(d) Periods in which only one kind of food is eaten
5. What does Anne call herself?
(a) A little bundle of contradictions
(b) A little person with big ideas
(c) A girl who is becoming a woman
(d) A small voice in the darkness
6. Who is the most optimistic about the war's progress?
(a) Mrs. Frank
(b) Mr. Frank
(c) Mr. Van Daan
(d) Mrs. Van Daan
7. What is Anne holding to her face?
(a) A scented handkerchief
(b) Her hand
(c) A flower
(d) A rag
8. What is Anne afraid she will grow up to be?
(a) A boring woman
(b) A dried up old beanstalk
(c) An old maid
(d) Someone like Margot
9. What does Henk talk about to the family?
(a) His last vacation
(b) His trip to the hiding spot
(c) His family
(d) A phone call to the doctor
10. What is Mrs. Frank's wish?
(a) To leave the secret hiding place right away
(b) To have alone time with Mr. Frank
(c) To see Anne be more mature
(d) To not see the Van Daans for a fortnight
11. What will Germany do to protect the country in the event of an invasion?
(a) Burn down the buildings
(b) Kill all the Jews
(c) Flood the land
(d) Fight back
12. For what has Anne developed a great love?
(a) A movie star
(c) Mr. Van Daan
(d) Geneological tables
13. What country still has one million Jews there, according to Anne?
14. What kind of party does Miep describe to the family?
(a) An anniversary
(b) A birthday
(c) An engagement party
(d) A wedding reception
15. Why is Anne holding the answer to #134 to her face?
(a) Because she is trying to revive herself after fainting
(b) Because her mother told her to
(c) Because she is flirting with Peter
(d) Because the one-year-old kale smells
Short Answer Questions
1. What do neither Anne nor Peter do?
2. Who was picked up for having two Jews in his house?
3. What does Peter say are "first rate" to Anne?
4. What does Mr. Van Daan do to cope with the stresses of his life?
5. From where does Bosche's fat come?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)