|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter say are "first rate" to Anne?
(b) Her ideas about the war
(c) Her dance steps
(d) Her diary entries
2. What can't Anne understand?
(a) Why men talk about politics
(b) Why people don't like to work
(c) Why women are so needy
(d) Why Peter is so stubborn
3. Who was Anne attracted to in kindergarten?
(a) Peter Wessel
(b) Henk Spetzel
(c) Karel Samson
(d) Hans Frichen
4. What does Mr. Frank lose on a bet with Mrs. Van Daan?
(a) 5 pounds of butter
(b) 5 bottles of yogurt
(c) 5 pounds of sugar
(d) 5 pieces of bread
5. What is Anne afraid she will grow up to be?
(a) A dried up old beanstalk
(b) A boring woman
(c) An old maid
(d) Someone like Margot
6. What ISN'T Anne asked about by her mother?
(a) Whether she is reading the proper books
(b) Whether she likes Peter
(c) Whether she should start undressing for bed
(d) Whether she has put salt on her food
7. About what does Dussel always talk?
(a) Anne's immaturity
(b) Peter's laziness
(c) His wife's extensive wardrobe
(d) Mr. Frank's poor taste in clothes
8. What book is Anne reading that necessitates a long entry by Anne?
(a) What Do You Think about Boys?
(b) What Do You Know about the Jews?
(c) What Do You Think of The Modern Girl?
(d) What Do You Think of the War?
9. What does Peter forget to do that causes Kraler to become mad at him?
(a) Peter forgets to clean up the food
(b) Peter forgets to close his window
(c) Peter forgets to unbolt the door
(d) Peter forgets to turn off the lights
10. While Anne does not enjoy the frequent discussions of politics, there is one thing she believes to be perfect about the political situation. What is it?
(a) Reports from the BBC
(b) Speeches by Winston Churchill
(c) Miep's observations of the war
(d) Articles in the newspapers
11. What do the occupants of the hiding place think the burglar has?
(a) A gun
(b) A reason to turn them in
(c) A skeleton key
(d) A vendetta against the owner of the building
12. Why does Mrs. Frank forbid Anne to go upstairs with Peter?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan is jealous
(b) Mrs. Frank thinks Peter and Anne are being too flirtatious
(c) Mr. Van Daan said so
(d) It was Mr. Frank's idea
13. What does Peter talk of that makes Anne's heart break?
(a) He talks of being a criminal and of gambling
(b) He talks about leaving
(c) He thinks about dying
(d) He speaks of marriage
14. What do the gentlemen do as they sit around listening to the radio?
(a) Pace the floor
(b) Talk with Anne
(c) Puff their pipes
(d) Write down the stories they hear
15. What does Anne do to try to stop thinking?
(a) She talks to her father
(b) She lies down on the divan to sleep
(c) She writes in her diary
(d) She talks to Peter
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is everyone reading?
2. Anne is constantly enthralled with a certain kind of people. Which people are these?
3. What would Mrs. Frank love to eat?
4. When do people look disapprovingly at Anne?
5. What are food cycles?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)