|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Anne and Peter finally do on April 28th?
(a) They kiss on the mouth
(b) They give gifts to each other
(c) They give each other a hug
(d) They tell each other that they are in love
2. Why are Dussel and Mr. Van Daan not speaking?
(a) Dussel wants Mr. Van Daan to apologize
(b) Mr. Van Daan stole from Dussel
(c) Mr. Van Daan is jealous of Dussel talking to Mrs. Van Daan
(d) Dussel says that Mr. Van Daan has been shouting at him
3. What is the super news that Anne shares on July 21?
(a) They don't need to hide anymore
(b) Hitler has died
(c) The war is over
(d) An attempt on Hitler's life has been made
4. Who doesn't believe that the big men, the capitalists, and the politicians are guilty of the war?
(b) Mr. Van Daan
(c) Mr. Frank
5. What are the newspapers publishing?
(a) Maps of Germany
(b) Maps of Holland
(c) Pictures of Hitler
(d) Pictures of concentration camps
6. What are food cycles?
(a) Times when stores only sell one kind of food
(b) Periods in which only one kind of food is eaten
(c) Bicycles that transport food to stores
(d) Growing seasons
7. What happens to Anne's papers?
(a) They get soaked in water
(b) They disappeared
(c) They burn in the fire
(d) They are stolen
8. Who is the most optimistic about the war's progress?
(a) Mrs. Frank
(b) Mr. Frank
(c) Mr. Van Daan
(d) Mrs. Van Daan
9. What do neither Anne nor Peter do?
(a) Feel confined by their living space
(b) Wish for peace
(c) Confide in their parents
(d) Talk about their feelings
10. What has the Court forbidden from digging?
11. How does Anne describe her hair?
(a) Too straight and flat
(b) House-garden-kitchen hair style
12. Who asks is they can trust Peter and Anne alone in the attic?
(a) Mr. Van Daan
(b) Mrs. Van Daan
(c) Mr. Frank
(d) Mrs. Frank
13. What book is Anne reading that necessitates a long entry by Anne?
(a) What Do You Think of the War?
(b) What Do You Think about Boys?
(c) What Do You Know about the Jews?
(d) What Do You Think of The Modern Girl?
14. Anne is constantly enthralled with a certain kind of people. Which people are these?
(a) The Jews
(b) The Germans
(c) The Dutch
(d) The Christians
15. What do the occupants of the hiding place think the burglar has?
(a) A reason to turn them in
(b) A vendetta against the owner of the building
(c) A gun
(d) A skeleton key
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henk talk about to the family?
2. What did Peter do on Margot's birthday that was out of character?
3. What will Germany do to protect the country in the event of an invasion?
4. What does Anne do to try to stop thinking?
5. What does Anne call Peter Wessel?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)