|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't those hiding in the secret hiding area use the water?
(a) The sewer is blocked
(b) They are not allowed
(c) Mr. Kraler is getting worried
(d) They are using too much
2. What does Mr. B procure for the occupants of the hiding place and for the workers?
(d) Fake documentation
3. What does Peter say are "first rate" to Anne?
(b) Her dance steps
(c) Her ideas about the war
(d) Her diary entries
4. What do the occupants of the hiding place think the burglar has?
(a) A vendetta against the owner of the building
(b) A skeleton key
(c) A gun
(d) A reason to turn them in
5. While Anne does not enjoy the frequent discussions of politics, there is one thing she believes to be perfect about the political situation. What is it?
(a) Articles in the newspapers
(b) Miep's observations of the war
(c) Reports from the BBC
(d) Speeches by Winston Churchill
6. About what did the report on Dutch News from London talk?
(a) Making a collection of diaries and journals from the war
(b) Hitler's resignation
(c) The invasion of Holland
(d) The end of the war
7. Who does Anne speak about in the beginning of her entry on March 31, 1944? Of what country does she speak?
(a) Mussolini and Italy
(b) Hiter and Germany
(c) Churchill and England
(d) Stalin and Russia
8. What is the super news that Anne shares on July 21?
(a) They don't need to hide anymore
(b) An attempt on Hitler's life has been made
(c) Hitler has died
(d) The war is over
9. What are the newspapers publishing?
(a) Pictures of concentration camps
(b) Maps of Germany
(c) Pictures of Hitler
(d) Maps of Holland
10. From where does Bosche's fat come?
(a) Too many second helpings
(b) From being pregnant
(c) It's really not known.
(d) Stolen bones
11. What can't Anne understand?
(a) Why Peter is so stubborn
(b) Why people don't like to work
(c) Why men talk about politics
(d) Why women are so needy
12. Who spoke on Dutch News from London?
13. What does Peter think would be easier to be?
(a) A Christian
(b) A woman
(c) A German
(d) An SS member
14. Why does Mrs. Frank forbid Anne to go upstairs with Peter?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan is jealous
(b) Mr. Van Daan said so
(c) Mrs. Frank thinks Peter and Anne are being too flirtatious
(d) It was Mr. Frank's idea
15. What is Anne afraid she will grow up to be?
(a) An old maid
(b) A dried up old beanstalk
(c) Someone like Margot
(d) A boring woman
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was twisting and turning the knobs during "Immortal Music of the German Masters?"
2. What does Anne call herself?
3. What is the one thing Peter admires about Anne?
4. What did Peter do on Margot's birthday that was out of character?
5. About what does Dussel always talk?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)