|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inevitably happens at the end of the radio speeches?
(a) Everyone begins to cry
(b) Everyone starts to argue
(c) Everyone goes to bed
(d) Everyone remains quiet
2. How does Peter learn about this?
(a) By learning on his own
(b) By asking Anne
(c) By asking his father
(d) By reading it in a book
3. What does Henk talk about to the family?
(a) A phone call to the doctor
(b) His family
(c) His last vacation
(d) His trip to the hiding spot
4. What is Mrs. Van Daan's outlook on the war at the moment?
(a) She doesn't really think about the war at all
(b) She is overjoyed at the progress being made
(c) She is afraid they are going to lose and thus starve
(d) She is beginning to tire of the boredom
5. Who does Anne speak about in the beginning of her entry on March 31, 1944? Of what country does she speak?
(a) Stalin and Russia
(b) Mussolini and Italy
(c) Churchill and England
(d) Hiter and Germany
6. Why are people talking about different ways of preparing themselves?
(a) There is talk of an invasion
(b) They need something to be positive about
(c) They are making jokes
(d) They are leaving soon
7. Which is NOT a name for a special news service that the secret hiding space members have heard of?
(a) German Wehrmacht
(b) German News Network
(c) Special Air Raid Announcements
(d) English BBC
8. What country still has one million Jews there, according to Anne?
9. What does Anne call Peter Wessel?
(a) My Petey
(b) My Petel
(c) My Pete
(d) My Special Bou
10. What does Peter talk of that makes Anne's heart break?
(a) He talks of being a criminal and of gambling
(b) He talks about leaving
(c) He thinks about dying
(d) He speaks of marriage
11. What would Mrs. Frank love to eat?
(c) A piece of rye bread
12. What does Mouschi do that upsets Peter?
(a) The cat yowls
(b) The cat urinates in wood shavings
(c) The cat jumps on Peter and scratches him
(d) The cat runs away
13. Anne and Peter talk about whether or not to tell Mr. Frank. Who is chosen to talk to Mr. Frank about their relationship?
(a) Mrs. Frank
(c) Mrs. Van Daan
14. What does Mr. Van Daan do to cope with the stresses of his life?
(a) He argues with his wife
(b) He hides away from everyone else
(c) He smokes and smokes and smokes
(d) He drinks too much
15. What does Anne feel is the best remedy for those who are angry, lonely, or unhappy?
(a) To find love
(b) To go outside
(c) To smile
(d) To laugh
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anne's greatest wish in life?
2. What does Peter do with Bosche?
3. What causes Anne's father to be upset with her?
4. Anne makes a strong statement about those involved in the war. Finish her sentence, we shan't get anywhere following...
5. What ISN'T Anne asked about by her mother?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)