|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Anne does not enjoy the frequent discussions of politics, there is one thing she believes to be perfect about the political situation. What is it?
(a) Speeches by Winston Churchill
(b) Miep's observations of the war
(c) Reports from the BBC
(d) Articles in the newspapers
2. Why does Mrs. Frank forbid Anne to go upstairs with Peter?
(a) Mrs. Frank thinks Peter and Anne are being too flirtatious
(b) Mrs. Van Daan is jealous
(c) Mr. Van Daan said so
(d) It was Mr. Frank's idea
3. What does Peter think would be easier to be?
(a) A woman
(b) An SS member
(c) A German
(d) A Christian
4. What will Germany do to protect the country in the event of an invasion?
(a) Burn down the buildings
(b) Fight back
(c) Kill all the Jews
(d) Flood the land
5. Which is NOT one of the ways that people suggest preparing for the invasion?
(a) Leaving the country
(b) Eating more to put on weight
(c) Staying where they are
(d) Sewing money into clothing
6. What ISN'T Anne asked about by her mother?
(a) Whether she should start undressing for bed
(b) Whether she has put salt on her food
(c) Whether she is reading the proper books
(d) Whether she likes Peter
7. What did Peter do on Margot's birthday that was out of character?
(a) He gave her a nice present
(b) He gave her a kiss
(c) He barely said a word to her
(d) He stayed longer than was strictly necessary
8. Of which Peter does Anne dream?
(a) Peter Hanson
(b) Peter Wessel
(c) Peter Dresden
(d) Peter Van Daan
9. What makes Anne very happy on April 16th?
(a) She finds her old pen
(b) She receives a kiss on the cheek from Peter
(c) She receives a new diary
(d) She learns that they might be leaving
10. What do the gentlemen do as they sit around listening to the radio?
(a) Pace the floor
(b) Puff their pipes
(c) Talk with Anne
(d) Write down the stories they hear
11. What does Anne want to become?
(a) A movie star
(b) A speaker
(c) A fashionable woman
(d) A real young woman
12. What was Peter not doing that evening that he would have time to talk with Anne?
13. What does Peter say are "first rate" to Anne?
(a) Her dance steps
(b) Her diary entries
(c) Her ideas about the war
14. Who was twisting and turning the knobs during "Immortal Music of the German Masters?"
(a) Mr. Frank
15. Who is the most optimistic about the war's progress?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan
(b) Mrs. Frank
(c) Mr. Van Daan
(d) Mr. Frank
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter do with Bosche?
2. Who spoke on Dutch News from London?
3. Why are Dussel and Mr. Van Daan not speaking?
4. For what has Anne developed a great love?
5. What is the one thing Peter admires about Anne?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)