|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With who did Anne think Peter used to be in love?
2. What does Peter say are "first rate" to Anne?
(b) Her dance steps
(c) Her diary entries
(d) Her ideas about the war
3. What happens to Anne's papers?
(a) They disappeared
(b) They burn in the fire
(c) They get soaked in water
(d) They are stolen
4. What is the title Anne would choose for her diary?
(a) My Diary
(b) Secret Annexe
(c) Anne's Thoughts
(d) A Journal of War and Hiding
5. Who does Anne speak about in the beginning of her entry on March 31, 1944? Of what country does she speak?
(a) Churchill and England
(b) Mussolini and Italy
(c) Hiter and Germany
(d) Stalin and Russia
6. What do Anne and Peter finally do on April 28th?
(a) They give each other a hug
(b) They give gifts to each other
(c) They tell each other that they are in love
(d) They kiss on the mouth
7. Who was Anne attracted to in kindergarten?
(a) Henk Spetzel
(b) Peter Wessel
(c) Hans Frichen
(d) Karel Samson
8. What is the super news that Anne shares on July 21?
(a) An attempt on Hitler's life has been made
(b) Hitler has died
(c) The war is over
(d) They don't need to hide anymore
9. What does Mr. B procure for the occupants of the hiding place and for the workers?
(d) Fake documentation
10. What does Mouschi do that upsets Peter?
(a) The cat runs away
(b) The cat urinates in wood shavings
(c) The cat yowls
(d) The cat jumps on Peter and scratches him
11. What is Anne holding to her face?
(a) Her hand
(b) A rag
(c) A flower
(d) A scented handkerchief
12. Of which Peter does Anne dream?
(a) Peter Wessel
(b) Peter Dresden
(c) Peter Hanson
(d) Peter Van Daan
13. About what do Mummy and Mrs. Van Daan always talk?
(a) Old stories of their youth
(b) Their children
(c) Their husbands
14. How does Peter learn about this?
(a) By learning on his own
(b) By asking Anne
(c) By reading it in a book
(d) By asking his father
15. What is Anne afraid she will grow up to be?
(a) A boring woman
(b) An old maid
(c) Someone like Margot
(d) A dried up old beanstalk
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Van Daan do to cope with the stresses of his life?
2. What is Mr. Frank's advice to Anne?
3. Who or what is Bosche?
4. Who spoke on Dutch News from London?
5. What organization forges identity cards?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)