|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne realize that Peter needs?
(b) A different mother
(c) A new shirt
(d) A better work ethic
2. What was Peter not doing that evening that he would have time to talk with Anne?
3. Of which Peter does Anne dream?
(a) Peter Dresden
(b) Peter Wessel
(c) Peter Hanson
(d) Peter Van Daan
4. Why can't those hiding in the secret hiding area use the water?
(a) They are using too much
(b) Mr. Kraler is getting worried
(c) They are not allowed
(d) The sewer is blocked
5. What can't Anne understand?
(a) Why people don't like to work
(b) Why men talk about politics
(c) Why women are so needy
(d) Why Peter is so stubborn
6. How does Peter learn about this?
(a) By learning on his own
(b) By asking Anne
(c) By asking his father
(d) By reading it in a book
7. Which is NOT a name for a special news service that the secret hiding space members have heard of?
(a) Special Air Raid Announcements
(b) German News Network
(c) English BBC
(d) German Wehrmacht
8. What is Anne's greatest wish in life?
(a) To become a wife
(b) To become a journalist
(c) To become a mother
(d) To become a doctor
9. What does Henk talk about to the family?
(a) His last vacation
(b) His family
(c) His trip to the hiding spot
(d) A phone call to the doctor
10. What does Kraler bring with him on Mondays?
(a) The Cinema and Theater
(b) A newspaper
(c) More ration tickets
(d) A bag of candy
11. What is the title Anne would choose for her diary?
(a) Secret Annexe
(b) My Diary
(c) A Journal of War and Hiding
(d) Anne's Thoughts
12. About what does Dussel always talk?
(a) Anne's immaturity
(b) Peter's laziness
(c) His wife's extensive wardrobe
(d) Mr. Frank's poor taste in clothes
13. What are the newspapers publishing?
(a) Maps of Holland
(b) Pictures of Hitler
(c) Maps of Germany
(d) Pictures of concentration camps
14. What does Mouschi do that upsets Peter?
(a) The cat yowls
(b) The cat urinates in wood shavings
(c) The cat jumps on Peter and scratches him
(d) The cat runs away
15. Anne and Peter talk about whether or not to tell Mr. Frank. Who is chosen to talk to Mr. Frank about their relationship?
(a) Mrs. Frank
(b) Mrs. Van Daan
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anne think Peter and she are not so different?
2. What book is Anne reading that necessitates a long entry by Anne?
3. What is Mr. Frank's advice to Anne?
4. Anne is constantly enthralled with a certain kind of people. Which people are these?
5. Why is Anne holding the answer to #134 to her face?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)