|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henk talk about to the family?
(a) His last vacation
(b) A phone call to the doctor
(c) His trip to the hiding spot
(d) His family
2. About what does Dussel always talk?
(a) His wife's extensive wardrobe
(b) Peter's laziness
(c) Mr. Frank's poor taste in clothes
(d) Anne's immaturity
3. What does Peter say are "first rate" to Anne?
(a) Her diary entries
(b) Her ideas about the war
(c) Her dance steps
4. From where does Bosche's fat come?
(a) It's really not known.
(b) Stolen bones
(c) From being pregnant
(d) Too many second helpings
5. What does Anne feel is the best remedy for those who are angry, lonely, or unhappy?
(a) To go outside
(b) To laugh
(c) To smile
(d) To find love
6. What do neither Anne nor Peter do?
(a) Talk about their feelings
(b) Feel confined by their living space
(c) Confide in their parents
(d) Wish for peace
7. Who does Anne speak about in the beginning of her entry on March 31, 1944? Of what country does she speak?
(a) Churchill and England
(b) Mussolini and Italy
(c) Stalin and Russia
(d) Hiter and Germany
8. What is Anne afraid she will grow up to be?
(a) A boring woman
(b) A dried up old beanstalk
(c) An old maid
(d) Someone like Margot
9. Why are Dussel and Mr. Van Daan not speaking?
(a) Mr. Van Daan stole from Dussel
(b) Dussel wants Mr. Van Daan to apologize
(c) Dussel says that Mr. Van Daan has been shouting at him
(d) Mr. Van Daan is jealous of Dussel talking to Mrs. Van Daan
10. What is the one thing Peter admires about Anne?
(a) She is pretty
(b) She's never at a loss for words
(c) She's always right
(d) She has lovely hair
11. What kind of party does Miep describe to the family?
(a) An anniversary
(b) A birthday
(c) An engagement party
(d) A wedding reception
12. What book is everyone reading?
(a) Cloudless Morn
(b) Heatless Summer
(c) Sunless Day
(d) Moonless Night
13. What has the Court forbidden from digging?
14. While Anne does not enjoy the frequent discussions of politics, there is one thing she believes to be perfect about the political situation. What is it?
(a) Articles in the newspapers
(b) Miep's observations of the war
(c) Speeches by Winston Churchill
(d) Reports from the BBC
15. What can't Anne understand?
(a) Why people don't like to work
(b) Why women are so needy
(c) Why Peter is so stubborn
(d) Why men talk about politics
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Anne very happy on April 16th?
2. What do Anne and Peter finally do on April 28th?
3. Of which Peter does Anne dream?
4. Who is the most optimistic about the war's progress?
5. What color eyes does Peter have?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)