|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kraler bring with him on Mondays?
(a) A bag of candy
(b) A newspaper
(c) The Cinema and Theater
(d) More ration tickets
2. What color eyes does Peter have?
(a) Clear blue eyes
(b) Clear brown eyes
(c) Clear green eyes
(d) Clear hazel eyes
3. What is the one thing Peter admires about Anne?
(a) She has lovely hair
(b) She's always right
(c) She's never at a loss for words
(d) She is pretty
4. What does Henk talk about to the family?
(a) His family
(b) His last vacation
(c) His trip to the hiding spot
(d) A phone call to the doctor
5. What does Anne call herself?
(a) A girl who is becoming a woman
(b) A small voice in the darkness
(c) A little bundle of contradictions
(d) A little person with big ideas
6. What makes Anne very happy on April 16th?
(a) She receives a kiss on the cheek from Peter
(b) She receives a new diary
(c) She learns that they might be leaving
(d) She finds her old pen
7. Why does Mrs. Frank forbid Anne to go upstairs with Peter?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan is jealous
(b) It was Mr. Frank's idea
(c) Mr. Van Daan said so
(d) Mrs. Frank thinks Peter and Anne are being too flirtatious
8. While Anne does not enjoy the frequent discussions of politics, there is one thing she believes to be perfect about the political situation. What is it?
(a) Miep's observations of the war
(b) Articles in the newspapers
(c) Reports from the BBC
(d) Speeches by Winston Churchill
9. What did Peter do on Margot's birthday that was out of character?
(a) He stayed longer than was strictly necessary
(b) He gave her a kiss
(c) He gave her a nice present
(d) He barely said a word to her
10. Which is NOT one of the ways that people suggest preparing for the invasion?
(a) Eating more to put on weight
(b) Staying where they are
(c) Sewing money into clothing
(d) Leaving the country
11. Anne and Peter talk about whether or not to tell Mr. Frank. Who is chosen to talk to Mr. Frank about their relationship?
(a) Mrs. Frank
(c) Mrs. Van Daan
12. Who does Anne speak about in the beginning of her entry on March 31, 1944? Of what country does she speak?
(a) Churchill and England
(b) Stalin and Russia
(c) Hiter and Germany
(d) Mussolini and Italy
13. Who spoke on Dutch News from London?
14. What does Peter do with Bosche?
(a) Gives the cat to Anne
(b) Falls asleep with the cat in his arms
(c) Shows off his sex organs
(d) Shows that she's pregnant
15. What do the gentlemen do as they sit around listening to the radio?
(a) Pace the floor
(b) Write down the stories they hear
(c) Puff their pipes
(d) Talk with Anne
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter forget to do that causes Kraler to become mad at him?
2. What inevitably happens at the end of the radio speeches?
3. What do the occupants of the hiding place think the burglar has?
4. What is Mrs. Frank's wish?
5. Anne makes a strong statement about those involved in the war. Finish her sentence, we shan't get anywhere following...
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)