|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. B procure for the occupants of the hiding place and for the workers?
(b) Fake documentation
2. What does Mouschi do that upsets Peter?
(a) The cat urinates in wood shavings
(b) The cat jumps on Peter and scratches him
(c) The cat yowls
(d) The cat runs away
3. What do the occupants of the hiding place think the burglar has?
(a) A vendetta against the owner of the building
(b) A gun
(c) A skeleton key
(d) A reason to turn them in
4. Who was twisting and turning the knobs during "Immortal Music of the German Masters?"
(c) Mr. Frank
5. What does Anne want to become?
(a) A movie star
(b) A fashionable woman
(c) A real young woman
(d) A speaker
6. What is the favorite subject of Koophuis and Henk?
(a) The food supply
(b) The future of the Franks
(c) The underground movement
(d) The role of the English
7. What is Mrs. Van Daan's outlook on the war at the moment?
(a) She is beginning to tire of the boredom
(b) She doesn't really think about the war at all
(c) She is overjoyed at the progress being made
(d) She is afraid they are going to lose and thus starve
8. What are food cycles?
(a) Times when stores only sell one kind of food
(b) Growing seasons
(c) Bicycles that transport food to stores
(d) Periods in which only one kind of food is eaten
9. Anne and Peter talk about whether or not to tell Mr. Frank. Who is chosen to talk to Mr. Frank about their relationship?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan
(c) Mrs. Frank
10. What is Anne afraid she will grow up to be?
(a) A boring woman
(b) A dried up old beanstalk
(c) Someone like Margot
(d) An old maid
11. Who does Anne speak about in the beginning of her entry on March 31, 1944? Of what country does she speak?
(a) Stalin and Russia
(b) Churchill and England
(c) Mussolini and Italy
(d) Hiter and Germany
12. How does Peter learn about this?
(a) By reading it in a book
(b) By asking his father
(c) By asking Anne
(d) By learning on his own
13. What does Anne call herself?
(a) A girl who is becoming a woman
(b) A little person with big ideas
(c) A little bundle of contradictions
(d) A small voice in the darkness
14. What is Mrs. Frank's wish?
(a) To see Anne be more mature
(b) To leave the secret hiding place right away
(c) To not see the Van Daans for a fortnight
(d) To have alone time with Mr. Frank
15. Anne makes a strong statement about those involved in the war. Finish her sentence, we shan't get anywhere following...
(a) A leader like Hitler
(b) A dream without realism
(c) A bad plan
(d) An ostrich policy
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is everyone reading?
2. What is the one thing Peter admires about Anne?
3. What is the one thing Anne notices about Peter?
4. What does Kraler bring with him on Mondays?
5. What is the title Anne would choose for her diary?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)