|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anne think Peter and she are not so different?
(a) Because they're close to the same age
(b) Because they are both in hiding
(c) Because they both lack a mother
(d) Because they both need love
2. What is the title Anne would choose for her diary?
(a) Anne's Thoughts
(b) My Diary
(c) Secret Annexe
(d) A Journal of War and Hiding
3. What will Germany do to protect the country in the event of an invasion?
(a) Burn down the buildings
(b) Flood the land
(c) Kill all the Jews
(d) Fight back
4. Of which Peter does Anne dream?
(a) Peter Hanson
(b) Peter Van Daan
(c) Peter Wessel
(d) Peter Dresden
5. What kind of party does Miep describe to the family?
(a) An anniversary
(b) An engagement party
(c) A birthday
(d) A wedding reception
6. Why are people talking about different ways of preparing themselves?
(a) There is talk of an invasion
(b) They are making jokes
(c) They are leaving soon
(d) They need something to be positive about
7. What happens to Anne's papers?
(a) They are stolen
(b) They get soaked in water
(c) They disappeared
(d) They burn in the fire
8. What inevitably happens at the end of the radio speeches?
(a) Everyone goes to bed
(b) Everyone begins to cry
(c) Everyone starts to argue
(d) Everyone remains quiet
9. What does Anne call herself?
(a) A girl who is becoming a woman
(b) A little person with big ideas
(c) A small voice in the darkness
(d) A little bundle of contradictions
10. What is the one thing Peter admires about Anne?
(a) She's always right
(b) She has lovely hair
(c) She's never at a loss for words
(d) She is pretty
11. Who asks is they can trust Peter and Anne alone in the attic?
(a) Mrs. Frank
(b) Mr. Frank
(c) Mrs. Van Daan
(d) Mr. Van Daan
12. What does Mr. Frank lose on a bet with Mrs. Van Daan?
(a) 5 pieces of bread
(b) 5 pounds of sugar
(c) 5 bottles of yogurt
(d) 5 pounds of butter
13. For what has Anne developed a great love?
(a) Mr. Van Daan
(c) Geneological tables
(d) A movie star
14. Who does Anne speak about in the beginning of her entry on March 31, 1944? Of what country does she speak?
(a) Churchill and England
(b) Stalin and Russia
(c) Mussolini and Italy
(d) Hiter and Germany
15. What makes Anne very happy on April 16th?
(a) She finds her old pen
(b) She learns that they might be leaving
(c) She receives a new diary
(d) She receives a kiss on the cheek from Peter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne realize that Peter needs?
2. Which is NOT one of the ways that people suggest preparing for the invasion?
3. What does Peter talk of that makes Anne's heart break?
4. What is Mrs. Van Daan's outlook on the war at the moment?
5. What causes Anne's father to be upset with her?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)