|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the newspapers publishing?
(a) Maps of Germany
(b) Pictures of concentration camps
(c) Pictures of Hitler
(d) Maps of Holland
2. Why are people talking about different ways of preparing themselves?
(a) They are leaving soon
(b) They need something to be positive about
(c) They are making jokes
(d) There is talk of an invasion
3. What happens to Anne's papers?
(a) They get soaked in water
(b) They are stolen
(c) They burn in the fire
(d) They disappeared
4. What is the favorite subject of Koophuis and Henk?
(a) The future of the Franks
(b) The underground movement
(c) The food supply
(d) The role of the English
5. Who doesn't believe that the big men, the capitalists, and the politicians are guilty of the war?
(b) Mr. Van Daan
(c) Mr. Frank
6. What was Peter not doing that evening that he would have time to talk with Anne?
7. What is Mrs. Frank's wish?
(a) To have alone time with Mr. Frank
(b) To not see the Van Daans for a fortnight
(c) To see Anne be more mature
(d) To leave the secret hiding place right away
8. What does Kraler bring with him on Mondays?
(a) More ration tickets
(b) A newspaper
(c) A bag of candy
(d) The Cinema and Theater
9. What organization forges identity cards?
(a) The Free Netherlands
(b) The Peace Movement
(c) The Jewish Freedom Society
(d) The Free Holland Movement
10. About what did the report on Dutch News from London talk?
(a) Making a collection of diaries and journals from the war
(b) Hitler's resignation
(c) The invasion of Holland
(d) The end of the war
11. Who is the most optimistic about the war's progress?
(a) Mr. Van Daan
(b) Mrs. Van Daan
(c) Mrs. Frank
(d) Mr. Frank
12. Who was picked up for having two Jews in his house?
(a) Mr. Kraler
(b) The vegetable man
(c) Dussel's brother
(d) Mr. Koophuis
13. What does Peter forget to do that causes Kraler to become mad at him?
(a) Peter forgets to close his window
(b) Peter forgets to unbolt the door
(c) Peter forgets to clean up the food
(d) Peter forgets to turn off the lights
14. What would Mrs. Frank love to eat?
(b) A piece of rye bread
15. What inevitably happens at the end of the radio speeches?
(a) Everyone remains quiet
(b) Everyone starts to argue
(c) Everyone begins to cry
(d) Everyone goes to bed
Short Answer Questions
1. What color eyes does Peter have?
2. What does Mr. Van Daan do to cope with the stresses of his life?
3. About what does Dussel always talk?
4. What does Mr. Frank lose on a bet with Mrs. Van Daan?
5. What book is Anne reading that necessitates a long entry by Anne?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)