|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Frank make for Margot and Anne?
(a) A music box that helps them pass the time
(b) A card index box to write down names of books they have read
(c) A small notebook in which they can share thoughts
(d) A large pillow for them to share
2. What do Anne and her father do for everyone on St. Nicolas Day?
(a) They write poems for each member of the hiding place
(b) They decorate a Christmas tree
(c) They cook a wonderful meal
(d) They sing songs
3. What are the new students required to sign and to promise?
(a) That they will do well in school
(b) That they are in agreement with the New Order
(c) That they will fight for Hitler
(d) That they will not take anyone into hiding
4. What does Mrs. Van Daan bring with her because she doesn't feel at home without it?
(a) Her bedsheets
(b) Her fur coat
(c) Her dog
(d) Her own chamber pot
5. What rule is NOT true for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
(a) They can only shop at designated stores
(b) They have to wear a yellow star
(c) They have to be inside their homes by 8 at night
(d) They have to shave their heads
6. What happens that causes Mrs.Van Daan to become hysterical?
(a) She yells at her husband
(b) She spills something on her fur
(c) A tool gets caught in her tooth
(d) She breaks a vase
7. What holidays arrive just one day apart in 1942?
(a) Christmas and St. Nicolas Day
(b) Chanuka and St. Nicolas Day
(c) Chanuka and Passover
(d) Chanuka and Christmas
8. Who does Mrs. Frank tell that she can't bear their stupid chatter anymore?
(a) Mr. Van Daan
(b) Mr. Frank
(c) Mrs. Van Daan
9. What has happened to the building with the secret hiding place?
(a) One of the windows was shattered
(b) It has been sold to a new owner
(c) It has been vacated by the workers
(d) A fire has damaged it
10. What is a call-up notice?
(a) A note from Hitler
(b) A memo that tells someone to go into hiding
(c) A letter drafting men into the army
(d) A notice from the SS to go to a work camp
11. What did Anne bring to school with her on June 12th?
(d) Sweet biscuits
12. What does Anne decide to call her diary?
13. Who needs to go to the hospital for abdominal surgery?
(a) Mr. Koophuis
(b) Mrs. Van Daan
(c) Mr. Frank
(d) Mr. Van Daan
14. What does Anne give to her father for his birthday?
(a) A poem
(b) A piece of candy
(d) A book
15. Who is Miep's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Anne gives for starting her diary?
2. What happens to Anne's prized possession?
3. Why does the electricity have to go off for two weeks?
4. Who were the occupants of the hiding place not warned was coming?
5. what was on top of the basket at the celebration?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)