|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Franks emigrate to Holland?
2. Who is Anne's sister?
3. What is NOT one of the rules instated after burglars come?
(a) No lavatory
(b) No washing
(c) No opening of the windows
(d) No tap use
4. Why are the Van Daans thinking about selling Mrs. Van Daan's fur coat?
(a) Someone has offered to buy it
(b) They don't use it anymore
(c) It doesn't fit Mrs. Van Daan anymore
(d) They have run out of money
5. Who offers his bed to Mrs. Van Daan when she is frightened?
(b) Mr. Van Daan
(c) Mr. Kraler
(d) Mr. Frank
6. What does Mr. Frank make for Margot and Anne?
(a) A large pillow for them to share
(b) A small notebook in which they can share thoughts
(c) A music box that helps them pass the time
(d) A card index box to write down names of books they have read
7. Who was in The Lighthouse Keeper?
(a) Rin Tin Tin
(c) A friend of Anne's
(d) Mr. Koophuis
8. What rule is NOT true for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
(a) They have to be inside their homes by 8 at night
(b) They have to wear a yellow star
(c) They have to shave their heads
(d) They can only shop at designated stores
9. What does Dussel decide to do with this free time and skills?
(a) Open up a medical clinic
(b) Open up a dental clinic
(c) Open up a vet clinic
(d) Work on other people's hats
10. What does Miep bring on Christmas in 1943?
(a) A turkey
(b) A message from others in hiding
(c) A bundle of expensive presents
(d) A cake with Peace 1944 written on it
11. What was "possibly the nicest of all" the presents Anne received?
(a) The plant
(b) Her diary
(c) The money
(d) The roses
12. What happens to Anne's prized possession?
(a) It dies
(b) It gets wet
(c) It becomes too small
(d) It accidentally gets tossed in the fire
13. Who is NOT going to take shorthand?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan
14. What is Anne longing to have because it seems so important?
(a) A new life
(b) Her period
(c) A new book
(d) A chance to be outside
15. What is Westerbork?
(a) Another hiding place
(b) A Jewish camp in Drente
(c) Where Lies and her family are
(d) Where the Franks are hiding their possessions
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does the secret hiding place receive for the Christmas season?
2. What bites Peter?
3. What does Anne do in response to loud war noises outside?
4. Which is not one of Anne's school friends?
5. What do the occupants of the hiding place have to share?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)