|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bites Peter?
(a) His cat
(b) A spider
(c) A bug
(d) A rat
2. When did the Franks emigrate to Holland?
3. Who says, "I don't want to be cross, love can not be forced?"
(a) Peter to Anne
(b) Anne to Mrs. Frank
(c) Mrs. Frank to Anne
(d) Anne to Peter
4. What was Mr. Van Daan wearing as he was making sausages?
(a) Mr. Frank's shirt
(b) Mrs. Van Daan's fur
(c) Mr. Dussel's hat
(d) His wife's apron
5. Which is NOT a title of an essay that Anne has to write as a punishment?
(a) A Chatterbox
(b) Chatterbox, Chatterbox
(c) An Incurable Chatterbox
(d) Quack, Quack, Quack Mrs. Natterbeak
6. What does Dussel sound like when he sleeps?
(a) Like a fish gasping for breath
(b) Like a bear growlling
(c) Like a lamb baaing
(d) Like a man snoring
7. Who is Dussel's first client?
(c) Mrs. Van Daan
(d) Mrs. Frank
8. What is the reason Anne gives for starting her diary?
(a) She wants to show her family
(b) She wants to be published
(c) She wants to get better at writing
(d) She has no real friend
9. Why does Anne want to learn shorthand?
(a) It's important to have skills
(b) It's good for her career goals
(c) It will impress her father
(d) It's important to write in code
10. What do Anne and her father do for everyone on St. Nicolas Day?
(a) They write poems for each member of the hiding place
(b) They cook a wonderful meal
(c) They sing songs
(d) They decorate a Christmas tree
11. What has been Anne's prized possession, before her diary?
(a) Her cat
(b) Her book
(c) Her vest
(d) Her fountain pen
12. What does Anne mean by shank's mare?
(a) To travel by bus
(b) To travel by train
(c) To travel by horse
(d) To travel by foot
13. What holidays arrive just one day apart in 1942?
(a) Chanuka and St. Nicolas Day
(b) Chanuka and Passover
(c) Chanuka and Christmas
(d) Christmas and St. Nicolas Day
14. What do the Gestapo say happens when hostages end up dead?
(a) They call them fatal accidents
(b) They call them accidental occurrences
(c) They call them terrific murders
(d) They call them horrible tragedies
15. What is Westerbork?
(a) Where the Franks are hiding their possessions
(b) A Jewish camp in Drente
(c) Where Lies and her family are
(d) Another hiding place
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anne and her father use for their waste?
2. What is the profession of this new person?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Koophuis' daughter?
4. Who is the person that members of the secret hiding place fear now?
5. What does Mr. Frank make for Margot and Anne?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)