|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne mean by shank's mare?
(a) To travel by bus
(b) To travel by train
(c) To travel by foot
(d) To travel by horse
2. What DOES NOT happen at Westerbork?
(a) Jews have to use one lavatory
(b) Jews are asked to make quilts
(c) Jews have their heads shaven
(d) Men and women are housed together
3. What is a call-up notice?
(a) A notice from the SS to go to a work camp
(b) A letter drafting men into the army
(c) A note from Hitler
(d) A memo that tells someone to go into hiding
4. What is Mrs. Van Daan's biggest issue with Anne and Anne's mother?
(a) Anne's diary
(b) Anne's voice
(c) Anne's moodiness
(d) Anne's upbringing
5. Where does Peter suggest Anne try to take her bath?
(a) In the office
(b) In the large office WC
(c) In the closet
(d) In the kitchen
6. What name does Anne give the secret hiding place?
(a) The Hidden Staircase
(b) The Secret Room
(c) The Hiding Place
(d) The Secret Annexe
7. When did the Franks emigrate to Holland?
8. What was Mr. Van Daan's past job?
(a) A cook
(b) A car manufacturer
(c) A carpenter
(d) A sausage maker
9. What do Anne and her father do for everyone on St. Nicolas Day?
(a) They decorate a Christmas tree
(b) They cook a wonderful meal
(c) They write poems for each member of the hiding place
(d) They sing songs
10. What do the occupants of the hiding place have to share?
(a) A jar
(b) A bowl
(c) A washtub
(d) A towel
11. What good news does the secret hiding place receive for the Christmas season?
(a) Everyone gets an extra half pound of butter
(b) Everyone will get to walk outside
(c) Everyone gets a new outfit
(d) Everyone gets sugar to eat
12. What time did Anne wake up on June 12th?
(a) At 8:00AM
(b) At 10:00AM
(c) At 12:00PM
(d) At 6:00AM
13. Who does Mrs. Frank tell that she can't bear their stupid chatter anymore?
(a) Mr. Frank
(c) Mr. Van Daan
(d) Mrs. Van Daan
14. What does Dussel decide to do with this free time and skills?
(a) Open up a vet clinic
(b) Open up a medical clinic
(c) Open up a dental clinic
(d) Work on other people's hats
15. What was "possibly the nicest of all" the presents Anne received?
(a) The plant
(b) The money
(c) The roses
(d) Her diary
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Van Daans thinking about selling Mrs. Van Daan's fur coat?
2. What is the reason Anne gives for starting her diary?
3. Who says, "I don't want to be cross, love can not be forced?"
4. What does Mrs. Van Daan bring with her because she doesn't feel at home without it?
5. Who did NOT work for Mr. Frank?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)