|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miep bring on Christmas in 1943?
(a) A message from others in hiding
(b) A turkey
(c) A bundle of expensive presents
(d) A cake with Peace 1944 written on it
2. What does Anne swallow everyday?
(a) Fish oil
(c) Sugar water
(d) Valerian pills
3. How many people are in the hiding place after the Van Daans arrive?
4. What is the name of Mrs. Koophuis' daughter?
5. Who is Anne's sister?
6. Where is the entry to the hiding place?
(a) In the attic
(b) Under the front stoop
(c) On the second floor
(d) On the first floor
7. What are the new students required to sign and to promise?
(a) That they will not take anyone into hiding
(b) That they will do well in school
(c) That they are in agreement with the New Order
(d) That they will fight for Hitler
8. What holidays arrive just one day apart in 1942?
(a) Chanuka and St. Nicolas Day
(b) Chanuka and Passover
(c) Christmas and St. Nicolas Day
(d) Chanuka and Christmas
9. What happened on Saturday afternoon?
(a) Anne received her diary
(b) It was Anne's birthday party
(c) Margot went to play ping pong
(d) Mr. Frank left to go into hiding
10. Who was the first person who greeted Anne that day?
11. Which is NOT a title of an essay that Anne has to write as a punishment?
(a) Chatterbox, Chatterbox
(b) Quack, Quack, Quack Mrs. Natterbeak
(c) A Chatterbox
(d) An Incurable Chatterbox
12. What does Anne say would help her more than what she swallows in #85?
(a) A bath
(b) A good hearty laugh
(c) Clean clothes
(d) A trip to the store
13. What was "possibly the nicest of all" the presents Anne received?
(a) Her diary
(b) The roses
(c) The plant
(d) The money
14. What is the reason Anne gives for starting her diary?
(a) She wants to get better at writing
(b) She wants to be published
(c) She has no real friend
(d) She wants to show her family
15. What was Mr. Van Daan wearing as he was making sausages?
(a) Mr. Dussel's hat
(b) His wife's apron
(c) Mr. Frank's shirt
(d) Mrs. Van Daan's fur
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elli give Margot and Anne to do?
2. What do Anne and her father use for their waste?
3. What is a call-up notice?
4. Why are the Van Daans thinking about selling Mrs. Van Daan's fur coat?
5. Who does Anne feel is unbearable?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)