|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens that causes Mrs.Van Daan to become hysterical?
(a) She spills something on her fur
(b) A tool gets caught in her tooth
(c) She breaks a vase
(d) She yells at her husband
2. What did Anne NOT receive?
(b) A plant
(c) A new coat
3. What happens to Anne's prized possession?
(a) It dies
(b) It accidentally gets tossed in the fire
(c) It gets wet
(d) It becomes too small
4. Who did NOT work for Mr. Frank?
(a) Elli Vossen
(c) Mr. Kraler
(d) Albert Dussel
5. What is Mrs. Van Daan's biggest issue with Anne and Anne's mother?
(a) Anne's voice
(b) Anne's moodiness
(c) Anne's upbringing
(d) Anne's diary
6. Who is NOT going to take shorthand?
(c) Mrs. Van Daan
7. What is Camera Obscura?
(a) A camera
(b) A party game
(c) A poem
(d) A book about cameras
8. What does Anne think about her period?
(a) It is embarrassing
(b) It is too long
(c) It is a pain
(d) It is a sweet secret
9. What was "possibly the nicest of all" the presents Anne received?
(a) The roses
(b) Her diary
(c) The money
(d) The plant
10. What rule is NOT true for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
(a) They have to wear a yellow star
(b) They have to shave their heads
(c) They can only shop at designated stores
(d) They have to be inside their homes by 8 at night
11. What does Anne mean by shank's mare?
(a) To travel by bus
(b) To travel by train
(c) To travel by foot
(d) To travel by horse
12. What is NOT one of the rules instated after burglars come?
(a) No lavatory
(b) No washing
(c) No tap use
(d) No opening of the windows
13. Who died in 1942, who Anne says she misses terribly?
(a) Her cat
(b) Her Granny
(c) Her aunt
(d) Her brother
14. What is some of the best war news they receive?
(a) Mussolini has resigned
(b) Hitler has resigned
(c) The SS has disbanded
(d) Stalin has resigned
15. Why are the Van Daans thinking about selling Mrs. Van Daan's fur coat?
(a) They have run out of money
(b) It doesn't fit Mrs. Van Daan anymore
(c) Someone has offered to buy it
(d) They don't use it anymore
Short Answer Questions
1. What good news does the secret hiding place receive for the Christmas season?
2. Who was the first person who greeted Anne that day?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Koophuis' daughter?
4. Why wasn't anyone warned about the person who came unexpectedly?
5. What is Anne longing to have because it seems so important?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)