|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anne longing to have because it seems so important?
(a) A chance to be outside
(b) A new book
(c) Her period
(d) A new life
2. What did Anne and her family do to avoid carrying bags and calling attention to themselves?
(a) They had Miep bring them their things later
(b) They left anything they couldn't carry
(c) They wore multiple layers of clothing
(d) They had someone else carry their bags
3. Where does Anne go to school?
(a) Jewish Secondary School
(b) Jewish Primary School
(d) Hebrew Academy
4. What was Mr. Van Daan wearing as he was making sausages?
(a) His wife's apron
(b) Mr. Dussel's hat
(c) Mr. Frank's shirt
(d) Mrs. Van Daan's fur
5. What are the new students required to sign and to promise?
(a) That they will do well in school
(b) That they will not take anyone into hiding
(c) That they are in agreement with the New Order
(d) That they will fight for Hitler
6. What French book is Anne attempting to read?
(a) Le Tragedie de la Guerre
(b) La Plus des Enfants
(c) La Belle Nivernaise
(d) La Belle Nouveau Riche
7. What rule is NOT true for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
(a) They can only shop at designated stores
(b) They have to wear a yellow star
(c) They have to shave their heads
(d) They have to be inside their homes by 8 at night
8. Who does Anne want to marry?
(a) Peter Van Daan
(b) Henk Klaus
(c) Peter Wessel
(d) Albert Dussel
9. Who is the person that members of the secret hiding place fear now?
(a) Mr. Koophuis
(d) Mr. Van Daan
10. What does Anne do in response to loud war noises outside?
(a) She covers her ears
(b) She goes to her father
(c) She tries to escape
(d) She packs up an escape bag
11. What DOES NOT happen at Westerbork?
(a) Jews have their heads shaven
(b) Men and women are housed together
(c) Jews are asked to make quilts
(d) Jews have to use one lavatory
12. Who receives the call up notice at the Frank's house?
(a) Mrs. Frank
(b) Anne Frank
(c) Mr. Frank
13. Who offers his bed to Mrs. Van Daan when she is frightened?
(a) Mr. Van Daan
(b) Mr. Kraler
(c) Mr. Frank
14. What has happened to the building with the secret hiding place?
(a) It has been sold to a new owner
(b) It has been vacated by the workers
(c) One of the windows was shattered
(d) A fire has damaged it
15. Who has been told that they don't look well at all?
(b) Mrs. Frank
(c) Mr. Kraler
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne say would help her more than what she swallows in #85?
2. What is sent to a chemist in South Zeeland?
3. Which is not one of Anne's school friends?
4. Who says, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"?
5. What is used to hide the door to the hiding place?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)