|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Anne gives for starting her diary?
(a) She wants to get better at writing
(b) She wants to be published
(c) She has no real friend
(d) She wants to show her family
2. What game do Margot and Anne like to play with friends?
(b) Ping pong
3. What does Anne swallow everyday?
(a) Sugar water
(c) Fish oil
(d) Valerian pills
4. What is a call-up notice?
(a) A memo that tells someone to go into hiding
(b) A note from Hitler
(c) A letter drafting men into the army
(d) A notice from the SS to go to a work camp
5. What is Westerbork?
(a) A Jewish camp in Drente
(b) Another hiding place
(c) Where the Franks are hiding their possessions
(d) Where Lies and her family are
6. What is the name of Mrs. Koophuis' daughter?
7. What do the Van Daans make up for the new person?
(a) A new bed
(b) A set of rules
(c) A new shirt
(d) A plate of food
8. What happens that causes Mrs.Van Daan to become hysterical?
(a) She breaks a vase
(b) A tool gets caught in her tooth
(c) She yells at her husband
(d) She spills something on her fur
9. What does Anne think about her period?
(a) It is a sweet secret
(b) It is a pain
(c) It is too long
(d) It is embarrassing
10. What does Anne do in response to loud war noises outside?
(a) She goes to her father
(b) She tries to escape
(c) She covers her ears
(d) She packs up an escape bag
11. What does Mrs. Van Daan bring with her because she doesn't feel at home without it?
(a) Her own chamber pot
(b) Her dog
(c) Her bedsheets
(d) Her fur coat
12. What has been Anne's prized possession, before her diary?
(a) Her vest
(b) Her cat
(c) Her fountain pen
(d) Her book
13. When did the Van Daans arrive?
(a) July 14
(b) July 12
(c) July 15
(d) July 13
14. Where does Anne go to school?
(a) Jewish Primary School
(b) Hebrew Academy
(c) Jewish Secondary School
15. What holidays arrive just one day apart in 1942?
(a) Chanuka and St. Nicolas Day
(b) Chanuka and Passover
(c) Chanuka and Christmas
(d) Christmas and St. Nicolas Day
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the rules instated after burglars come?
2. What happens to Anne's prized possession?
3. Who does Anne want to marry?
4. Who needs to go to the hospital for abdominal surgery?
5. What name does Anne give the secret hiding place?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)