|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of this new person?
(a) A veterinarian
(b) A doctor
(c) A hatmaker
(d) A dentist
2. What name does Anne give the secret hiding place?
(a) The Hiding Place
(b) The Secret Room
(c) The Hidden Staircase
(d) The Secret Annexe
3. What happens that causes Mrs.Van Daan to become hysterical?
(a) A tool gets caught in her tooth
(b) She spills something on her fur
(c) She yells at her husband
(d) She breaks a vase
4. What does Dussel decide to do with this free time and skills?
(a) Open up a medical clinic
(b) Open up a vet clinic
(c) Open up a dental clinic
(d) Work on other people's hats
5. What does Mrs. Van Daan bring with her because she doesn't feel at home without it?
(a) Her own chamber pot
(b) Her fur coat
(c) Her bedsheets
(d) Her dog
6. Who offers his bed to Mrs. Van Daan when she is frightened?
(b) Mr. Frank
(c) Mr. Kraler
(d) Mr. Van Daan
7. What was Mr. Van Daan wearing as he was making sausages?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan's fur
(b) Mr. Dussel's hat
(c) His wife's apron
(d) Mr. Frank's shirt
8. What does Mr. Frank make for Margot and Anne?
(a) A small notebook in which they can share thoughts
(b) A music box that helps them pass the time
(c) A card index box to write down names of books they have read
(d) A large pillow for them to share
9. What do Anne and her father do for everyone on St. Nicolas Day?
(a) They cook a wonderful meal
(b) They sing songs
(c) They decorate a Christmas tree
(d) They write poems for each member of the hiding place
10. Who says, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"?
(a) Mr. Van Daan
(b) Mr. Koophuis
(c) Winston Churchill
(d) Mr. Frank
11. What is Mrs. Van Daan's biggest issue with Anne and Anne's mother?
(a) Anne's upbringing
(b) Anne's voice
(c) Anne's diary
(d) Anne's moodiness
12. what was on top of the basket at the celebration?
(a) A mask of Black Peter
(b) A picture of Jesus
(c) A cross
(d) A star of David
13. Who is the person Anne sees in her dreams?
(a) Jopie de Waal
(b) Mrs. Frank
(d) Lies Goosens
14. What do the Gestapo say happens when hostages end up dead?
(a) They call them fatal accidents
(b) They call them horrible tragedies
(c) They call them terrific murders
(d) They call them accidental occurrences
15. Why are the Van Daans thinking about selling Mrs. Van Daan's fur coat?
(a) It doesn't fit Mrs. Van Daan anymore
(b) They have run out of money
(c) They don't use it anymore
(d) Someone has offered to buy it
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Van Daans arrive?
2. What good news does the secret hiding place receive for the Christmas season?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Koophuis' daughter?
4. Who is Miep's husband?
5. Which of the following IS a rule for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)