|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did NOT work for Mr. Frank?
(a) Albert Dussel
(b) Mr. Kraler
(c) Elli Vossen
2. What has been Anne's prized possession, before her diary?
(a) Her cat
(b) Her book
(c) Her fountain pen
(d) Her vest
3. What was "possibly the nicest of all" the presents Anne received?
(a) The money
(b) The roses
(c) Her diary
(d) The plant
4. What is some of the best war news they receive?
(a) Hitler has resigned
(b) Stalin has resigned
(c) Mussolini has resigned
(d) The SS has disbanded
5. What does Anne think about her period?
(a) It is a sweet secret
(b) It is embarrassing
(c) It is a pain
(d) It is too long
6. What does Anne decide to call her diary?
7. Who did Anne have to say goodbye to when they left their home?
(a) Her dog, Moorno
(b) Her friend, Lies
(c) Her cat, Moortje
(d) Her boyfriend, Harry
8. What does Mrs. Van Daan bring with her because she doesn't feel at home without it?
(a) Her dog
(b) Her fur coat
(c) Her own chamber pot
(d) Her bedsheets
9. What does Elli give Margot and Anne to do?
(a) Office work
(b) Potatoes to peel
(c) Money to count
(d) Books to read
10. Who needs to go to the hospital for abdominal surgery?
(a) Mr. Koophuis
(b) Mr. Van Daan
(c) Mrs. Van Daan
(d) Mr. Frank
11. What is sent to a chemist in South Zeeland?
(a) A photograph
(b) A letter
(c) A flower
(d) A book
12. What name does Anne give the secret hiding place?
(a) The Secret Annexe
(b) The Secret Room
(c) The Hiding Place
(d) The Hidden Staircase
13. What are the new students required to sign and to promise?
(a) That they will do well in school
(b) That they will fight for Hitler
(c) That they are in agreement with the New Order
(d) That they will not take anyone into hiding
14. What does Anne do in response to loud war noises outside?
(a) She packs up an escape bag
(b) She goes to her father
(c) She covers her ears
(d) She tries to escape
15. Where did Anne go to school before the time of Hitler's rules?
(a) Berlin Elementary
(b) Montessori Kindergarten
(c) Jewish Secondary School
(d) Academy of Judiasm
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that causes Mrs.Van Daan to become hysterical?
2. What is used to hide the door to the hiding place?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Koophuis' daughter?
4. What do the Van Daans make up for the new person?
5. What does Anne say would help her more than what she swallows in #85?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)