|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been told that they don't look well at all?
(b) Mrs. Frank
(c) Mr. Kraler
2. What does Miep bring on Christmas in 1943?
(a) A cake with Peace 1944 written on it
(b) A message from others in hiding
(c) A turkey
(d) A bundle of expensive presents
3. What has happened to the building with the secret hiding place?
(a) One of the windows was shattered
(b) A fire has damaged it
(c) It has been vacated by the workers
(d) It has been sold to a new owner
4. What happens to Anne's prized possession?
(a) It becomes too small
(b) It gets wet
(c) It accidentally gets tossed in the fire
(d) It dies
5. What DOES NOT happen at Westerbork?
(a) Jews have to use one lavatory
(b) Men and women are housed together
(c) Jews have their heads shaven
(d) Jews are asked to make quilts
6. What was the special occasion on June 12th?
(a) Peter's birthday
(b) Margot's birthday
(c) Mr. Frank's birthday
(d) Anne's birthday
7. What happened on Saturday afternoon?
(a) Anne received her diary
(b) Mr. Frank left to go into hiding
(c) It was Anne's birthday party
(d) Margot went to play ping pong
8. Where did Anne go to school before the time of Hitler's rules?
(a) Berlin Elementary
(b) Jewish Secondary School
(c) Academy of Judiasm
(d) Montessori Kindergarten
9. Where is the entry to the hiding place?
(a) In the attic
(b) Under the front stoop
(c) On the first floor
(d) On the second floor
10. What does Mr. Frank make for Margot and Anne?
(a) A large pillow for them to share
(b) A small notebook in which they can share thoughts
(c) A card index box to write down names of books they have read
(d) A music box that helps them pass the time
11. What do Anne and her father use for their waste?
(a) A glass cup
(b) A wooden mug
(c) A small bowl
(d) A glass preserving jar
12. What do Anne and her father do for everyone on St. Nicolas Day?
(a) They decorate a Christmas tree
(b) They write poems for each member of the hiding place
(c) They sing songs
(d) They cook a wonderful meal
13. Who offers his bed to Mrs. Van Daan when she is frightened?
(b) Mr. Kraler
(c) Mr. Frank
(d) Mr. Van Daan
14. Who receives the call up notice at the Frank's house?
(b) Mrs. Frank
(c) Mr. Frank
(d) Anne Frank
15. What is Mrs. Van Daan's biggest issue with Anne and Anne's mother?
(a) Anne's upbringing
(b) Anne's moodiness
(c) Anne's voice
(d) Anne's diary
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I don't want to be cross, love can not be forced?"
2. Why wasn't anyone warned about the person who came unexpectedly?
3. What does Anne do in response to loud war noises outside?
4. Who is the Van Daan's son?
5. What is some of the best war news they receive?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)