|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anne longing to have because it seems so important?
(a) A chance to be outside
(b) A new life
(c) A new book
(d) Her period
2. What is Westerbork?
(a) Another hiding place
(b) A Jewish camp in Drente
(c) Where the Franks are hiding their possessions
(d) Where Lies and her family are
3. Who did Anne have to say goodbye to when they left their home?
(a) Her boyfriend, Harry
(b) Her cat, Moortje
(c) Her dog, Moorno
(d) Her friend, Lies
4. Who has been told that they don't look well at all?
(b) Mrs. Frank
(c) Mr. Kraler
5. What is Anne's father's nickname?
6. What was Mr. Van Daan wearing as he was making sausages?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan's fur
(b) Mr. Dussel's hat
(c) His wife's apron
(d) Mr. Frank's shirt
7. What do Anne and her father do for everyone on St. Nicolas Day?
(a) They sing songs
(b) They cook a wonderful meal
(c) They write poems for each member of the hiding place
(d) They decorate a Christmas tree
8. How many people are in the hiding place after the Van Daans arrive?
9. Why are the Van Daans thinking about selling Mrs. Van Daan's fur coat?
(a) They don't use it anymore
(b) They have run out of money
(c) Someone has offered to buy it
(d) It doesn't fit Mrs. Van Daan anymore
10. Who says, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"?
(a) Mr. Frank
(b) Mr. Van Daan
(c) Mr. Koophuis
(d) Winston Churchill
11. What does Mr. Frank make for Margot and Anne?
(a) A card index box to write down names of books they have read
(b) A large pillow for them to share
(c) A music box that helps them pass the time
(d) A small notebook in which they can share thoughts
12. What does Anne do in response to loud war noises outside?
(a) She goes to her father
(b) She tries to escape
(c) She covers her ears
(d) She packs up an escape bag
13. What does Anne mean by shank's mare?
(a) To travel by foot
(b) To travel by train
(c) To travel by bus
(d) To travel by horse
14. What do the occupants of the hiding place have to share?
(a) A bowl
(b) A washtub
(c) A towel
(d) A jar
15. Why does the electricity have to go off for two weeks?
(a) They have been found out
(b) They have been making too much noise
(c) They have not paid the bill
(d) They have used up the ration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Van Daans make up for the new person?
2. What did Anne bring to school with her on June 12th?
3. What was Mr. Van Daan's past job?
4. Who does Mrs. Frank tell that she can't bear their stupid chatter anymore?
5. What do the Gestapo say happens when hostages end up dead?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)