Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mr. Van Daan's past job?
(a) A car manufacturer
(b) A cook
(c) A carpenter
(d) A sausage maker
2. Who says, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"?
(a) Mr. Koophuis
(b) Mr. Frank
(c) Mr. Van Daan
(d) Winston Churchill
3. What does Anne do in response to loud war noises outside?
(a) She packs up an escape bag
(b) She goes to her father
(c) She covers her ears
(d) She tries to escape
4. What does Anne say would help her more than what she swallows in #85?
(a) A trip to the store
(b) Clean clothes
(c) A good hearty laugh
(d) A bath
5. What did Anne NOT receive?
(b) A plant
(d) A new coat
6. What does Anne give to her father for his birthday?
(a) A book
(c) A poem
(d) A piece of candy
7. what was on top of the basket at the celebration?
(a) A mask of Black Peter
(b) A star of David
(c) A cross
(d) A picture of Jesus
8. What did Anne and her family do to avoid carrying bags and calling attention to themselves?
(a) They left anything they couldn't carry
(b) They had Miep bring them their things later
(c) They wore multiple layers of clothing
(d) They had someone else carry their bags
9. Where does Anne go to school?
(a) Hebrew Academy
(b) Jewish Secondary School
(c) Jewish Primary School
10. What is the reason Anne gives for starting her diary?
(a) She has no real friend
(b) She wants to get better at writing
(c) She wants to show her family
(d) She wants to be published
11. What is Anne's father's nickname?
12. Who does Mrs. Frank tell that she can't bear their stupid chatter anymore?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan
(b) Mr. Van Daan
(c) Mr. Frank
13. What does Mr. Frank make for Margot and Anne?
(a) A music box that helps them pass the time
(b) A small notebook in which they can share thoughts
(c) A large pillow for them to share
(d) A card index box to write down names of books they have read
14. Who is NOT going to take shorthand?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan
15. What happened on Saturday afternoon?
(a) It was Anne's birthday party
(b) Mr. Frank left to go into hiding
(c) Margot went to play ping pong
(d) Anne received her diary
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the rules instated after burglars come?
2. What did Anne bring to school with her on June 12th?
3. How many people are in the hiding place after the Van Daans arrive?
4. What flowers are given to Mrs. Van Daan on her birthday?
5. What do the Gestapo say happens when hostages end up dead?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)