|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are in the hiding place after the Van Daans arrive?
2. What bites Peter?
(a) A bug
(b) A rat
(c) A spider
(d) His cat
3. Who did NOT work for Mr. Frank?
(a) Mr. Kraler
(b) Albert Dussel
(c) Elli Vossen
4. What did Anne and her family do to avoid carrying bags and calling attention to themselves?
(a) They left anything they couldn't carry
(b) They had Miep bring them their things later
(c) They had someone else carry their bags
(d) They wore multiple layers of clothing
5. What sound can't Mr. Frank, Margot, and Mrs. Frank get used to hearing?
(a) The workers downstairs
(b) The radio
(c) The nearby church bells
(d) The Westeroren Clock
6. What do Anne and her father do for everyone on St. Nicolas Day?
(a) They cook a wonderful meal
(b) They decorate a Christmas tree
(c) They sing songs
(d) They write poems for each member of the hiding place
7. Who does Anne feel is unbearable?
(b) Mrs. Van Daan
(c) Mrs. Frank
8. what was on top of the basket at the celebration?
(a) A cross
(b) A star of David
(c) A mask of Black Peter
(d) A picture of Jesus
9. Who says, "I don't want to be cross, love can not be forced?"
(a) Anne to Mrs. Frank
(b) Anne to Peter
(c) Peter to Anne
(d) Mrs. Frank to Anne
10. Who offers his bed to Mrs. Van Daan when she is frightened?
(a) Mr. Van Daan
(b) Mr. Frank
(c) Mr. Kraler
11. What name does Anne give the secret hiding place?
(a) The Hiding Place
(b) The Secret Room
(c) The Hidden Staircase
(d) The Secret Annexe
12. What is Westerbork?
(a) Where the Franks are hiding their possessions
(b) Where Lies and her family are
(c) Another hiding place
(d) A Jewish camp in Drente
13. What does Anne swallow everyday?
(a) Sugar water
(b) Valerian pills
(c) Fish oil
14. Who is the person that members of the secret hiding place fear now?
(b) Mr. Van Daan
(c) Mr. Koophuis
15. What are the new students required to sign and to promise?
(a) That they will not take anyone into hiding
(b) That they will do well in school
(c) That they are in agreement with the New Order
(d) That they will fight for Hitler
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anne and her father use for their waste?
2. Who was the first person who greeted Anne that day?
3. What does Mouschi bring into the hiding place?
4. Who is Dussel's first client?
5. What has been Anne's prized possession, before her diary?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)