|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule is NOT true for the Jews since Hitler's rise to power?
(a) They can only shop at designated stores
(b) They have to shave their heads
(c) They have to be inside their homes by 8 at night
(d) They have to wear a yellow star
2. What does Anne give to her father for his birthday?
(a) A piece of candy
(c) A book
(d) A poem
3. What happens to Anne's prized possession?
(a) It gets wet
(b) It accidentally gets tossed in the fire
(c) It becomes too small
(d) It dies
4. Who needs to go to the hospital for abdominal surgery?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan
(b) Mr. Van Daan
(c) Mr. Koophuis
(d) Mr. Frank
5. What is sent to a chemist in South Zeeland?
(a) A flower
(b) A book
(c) A letter
(d) A photograph
6. What does Mouschi bring into the hiding place?
7. Who is the new person that the hiding place will include?
(a) Frank Van Daan
(b) Albert Dussel
(c) Julian Kreshen
(d) Margaret Goosens
8. What was "possibly the nicest of all" the presents Anne received?
(a) The money
(b) Her diary
(c) The roses
(d) The plant
9. Why are the Van Daans thinking about selling Mrs. Van Daan's fur coat?
(a) Someone has offered to buy it
(b) It doesn't fit Mrs. Van Daan anymore
(c) They have run out of money
(d) They don't use it anymore
10. What was the special occasion on June 12th?
(a) Mr. Frank's birthday
(b) Anne's birthday
(c) Margot's birthday
(d) Peter's birthday
11. What is Mrs. Van Daan's biggest issue with Anne and Anne's mother?
(a) Anne's upbringing
(b) Anne's moodiness
(c) Anne's diary
(d) Anne's voice
12. Where does Peter suggest Anne try to take her bath?
(a) In the closet
(b) In the office
(c) In the kitchen
(d) In the large office WC
13. Who died in 1942, who Anne says she misses terribly?
(a) Her Granny
(b) Her brother
(c) Her aunt
(d) Her cat
14. What did Anne NOT receive?
(b) A plant
(d) A new coat
15. What does Mrs. Van Daan bring with her because she doesn't feel at home without it?
(a) Her bedsheets
(b) Her own chamber pot
(c) Her fur coat
(d) Her dog
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the entry to the hiding place?
2. What do Anne and her father do for everyone on St. Nicolas Day?
3. What does Anne mean by shank's mare?
4. What is a call-up notice?
5. Who does Anne want to marry?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)