|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Frank make for Margot and Anne?
(a) A card index box to write down names of books they have read
(b) A large pillow for them to share
(c) A music box that helps them pass the time
(d) A small notebook in which they can share thoughts
2. What happened on Saturday afternoon?
(a) Mr. Frank left to go into hiding
(b) It was Anne's birthday party
(c) Margot went to play ping pong
(d) Anne received her diary
3. Who is the new person that the hiding place will include?
(a) Margaret Goosens
(b) Julian Kreshen
(c) Frank Van Daan
(d) Albert Dussel
4. Who is Dussel's first client?
(a) Mrs. Frank
(b) Mrs. Van Daan
5. What flowers are given to Mrs. Van Daan on her birthday?
(c) Red carnations
6. Who offers his bed to Mrs. Van Daan when she is frightened?
(a) Mr. Frank
(c) Mr. Van Daan
(d) Mr. Kraler
7. What does Anne decide to call her diary?
8. Why does Anne want to learn shorthand?
(a) It will impress her father
(b) It's important to write in code
(c) It's good for her career goals
(d) It's important to have skills
9. Why does the electricity have to go off for two weeks?
(a) They have been found out
(b) They have been making too much noise
(c) They have used up the ration.
(d) They have not paid the bill
10. How many people are in the hiding place after the Van Daans arrive?
11. Why are the Van Daans thinking about selling Mrs. Van Daan's fur coat?
(a) It doesn't fit Mrs. Van Daan anymore
(b) They don't use it anymore
(c) Someone has offered to buy it
(d) They have run out of money
12. Who did Anne have to say goodbye to when they left their home?
(a) Her boyfriend, Harry
(b) Her cat, Moortje
(c) Her friend, Lies
(d) Her dog, Moorno
13. Where did Anne go to school before the time of Hitler's rules?
(a) Montessori Kindergarten
(b) Berlin Elementary
(c) Academy of Judiasm
(d) Jewish Secondary School
14. Who needs to go to the hospital for abdominal surgery?
(a) Mr. Frank
(b) Mr. Van Daan
(c) Mrs. Van Daan
(d) Mr. Koophuis
15. What was "possibly the nicest of all" the presents Anne received?
(a) The money
(b) Her diary
(c) The plant
(d) The roses
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the special occasion on June 12th?
2. What does Anne mean by shank's mare?
3. What has been Anne's prized possession, before her diary?
4. Who is Miep's husband?
5. Where does Anne go to school?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)