|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a call-up notice?
(a) A notice from the SS to go to a work camp
(b) A letter drafting men into the army
(c) A note from Hitler
(d) A memo that tells someone to go into hiding
2. Who is NOT going to take shorthand?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan
3. Who is the new person that the hiding place will include?
(a) Margaret Goosens
(b) Julian Kreshen
(c) Albert Dussel
(d) Frank Van Daan
4. What holidays arrive just one day apart in 1942?
(a) Chanuka and Passover
(b) Christmas and St. Nicolas Day
(c) Chanuka and Christmas
(d) Chanuka and St. Nicolas Day
5. What has been Anne's prized possession, before her diary?
(a) Her book
(b) Her vest
(c) Her fountain pen
(d) Her cat
6. When did the Van Daans arrive?
(a) July 12
(b) July 13
(c) July 15
(d) July 14
7. Who does Anne want to marry?
(a) Henk Klaus
(b) Peter Wessel
(c) Albert Dussel
(d) Peter Van Daan
8. What does Dussel sound like when he sleeps?
(a) Like a man snoring
(b) Like a bear growlling
(c) Like a fish gasping for breath
(d) Like a lamb baaing
9. What does Anne say would help her more than what she swallows in #85?
(a) A bath
(b) Clean clothes
(c) A trip to the store
(d) A good hearty laugh
10. What does Mr. Frank make for Margot and Anne?
(a) A card index box to write down names of books they have read
(b) A small notebook in which they can share thoughts
(c) A music box that helps them pass the time
(d) A large pillow for them to share
11. What is sent to a chemist in South Zeeland?
(a) A photograph
(b) A flower
(c) A book
(d) A letter
12. What was Mr. Van Daan's past job?
(a) A cook
(b) A car manufacturer
(c) A carpenter
(d) A sausage maker
13. Who died in 1942, who Anne says she misses terribly?
(a) Her aunt
(b) Her cat
(c) Her brother
(d) Her Granny
14. Who did Anne have to say goodbye to when they left their home?
(a) Her boyfriend, Harry
(b) Her dog, Moorno
(c) Her friend, Lies
(d) Her cat, Moortje
15. Why does Anne want to learn shorthand?
(a) It's important to write in code
(b) It's good for her career goals
(c) It will impress her father
(d) It's important to have skills
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Anne and Margot born?
2. What is Westerbork?
3. Which is NOT a title of an essay that Anne has to write as a punishment?
4. What bites Peter?
5. What does Anne think about her period?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)