|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Anne gives for starting her diary?
(a) She has no real friend
(b) She wants to be published
(c) She wants to get better at writing
(d) She wants to show her family
2. Who was the first person who greeted Anne that day?
3. What flowers are given to Mrs. Van Daan on her birthday?
(b) Red carnations
4. What happened on Saturday afternoon?
(a) It was Anne's birthday party
(b) Mr. Frank left to go into hiding
(c) Anne received her diary
(d) Margot went to play ping pong
5. What does Mouschi bring into the hiding place?
6. What do the Gestapo say happens when hostages end up dead?
(a) They call them terrific murders
(b) They call them fatal accidents
(c) They call them accidental occurrences
(d) They call them horrible tragedies
7. Who says, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"?
(a) Mr. Koophuis
(b) Mr. Frank
(c) Winston Churchill
(d) Mr. Van Daan
8. What is Mrs. Van Daan's biggest issue with Anne and Anne's mother?
(a) Anne's voice
(b) Anne's upbringing
(c) Anne's moodiness
(d) Anne's diary
9. What was Mr. Van Daan's past job?
(a) A car manufacturer
(b) A carpenter
(c) A sausage maker
(d) A cook
10. Who were the occupants of the hiding place not warned was coming?
(a) The garbage man
(b) The carpenter
(c) The milkman
(d) The SS
11. Where were Anne and Margot born?
12. Which is not one of Anne's school friends?
(a) Peter Van Daan
(b) Jopie de Waal
(c) Lies Goosens
(d) Sanne Houtman
13. Who did NOT work for Mr. Frank?
(a) Elli Vossen
(b) Mr. Kraler
(c) Albert Dussel
14. What does Dussel sound like when he sleeps?
(a) Like a bear growlling
(b) Like a fish gasping for breath
(c) Like a man snoring
(d) Like a lamb baaing
15. What DOES NOT happen at Westerbork?
(a) Men and women are housed together
(b) Jews have their heads shaven
(c) Jews have to use one lavatory
(d) Jews are asked to make quilts
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anne NOT receive?
2. Why are the Van Daans thinking about selling Mrs. Van Daan's fur coat?
3. Who does Mrs. Frank tell that she can't bear their stupid chatter anymore?
4. Who is Anne's sister?
5. Who does Anne want to marry?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)