|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game do Margot and Anne like to play with friends?
(c) Ping pong
2. Which is not one of Anne's school friends?
(a) Peter Van Daan
(b) Lies Goosens
(c) Jopie de Waal
(d) Sanne Houtman
3. Who is Anne's sister?
4. What does Mrs. Van Daan bring with her because she doesn't feel at home without it?
(a) Her own chamber pot
(b) Her bedsheets
(c) Her fur coat
(d) Her dog
5. What does Dussel sound like when he sleeps?
(a) Like a fish gasping for breath
(b) Like a man snoring
(c) Like a lamb baaing
(d) Like a bear growlling
6. What has happened to the building with the secret hiding place?
(a) A fire has damaged it
(b) It has been sold to a new owner
(c) One of the windows was shattered
(d) It has been vacated by the workers
7. Who says, "I don't want to be cross, love can not be forced?"
(a) Mrs. Frank to Anne
(b) Anne to Peter
(c) Peter to Anne
(d) Anne to Mrs. Frank
8. What is Mrs. Van Daan's biggest issue with Anne and Anne's mother?
(a) Anne's diary
(b) Anne's voice
(c) Anne's upbringing
(d) Anne's moodiness
9. What are the new students required to sign and to promise?
(a) That they are in agreement with the New Order
(b) That they will fight for Hitler
(c) That they will not take anyone into hiding
(d) That they will do well in school
10. What was Mr. Van Daan wearing as he was making sausages?
(a) His wife's apron
(b) Mr. Dussel's hat
(c) Mr. Frank's shirt
(d) Mrs. Van Daan's fur
11. Who did NOT work for Mr. Frank?
(a) Albert Dussel
(b) Mr. Kraler
(c) Elli Vossen
12. What did Anne and her family do to avoid carrying bags and calling attention to themselves?
(a) They left anything they couldn't carry
(b) They had someone else carry their bags
(c) They wore multiple layers of clothing
(d) They had Miep bring them their things later
13. What is a call-up notice?
(a) A note from Hitler
(b) A memo that tells someone to go into hiding
(c) A letter drafting men into the army
(d) A notice from the SS to go to a work camp
14. What was Mr. Van Daan's past job?
(a) A carpenter
(b) A cook
(c) A car manufacturer
(d) A sausage maker
15. Who was in The Lighthouse Keeper?
(a) A friend of Anne's
(b) Mr. Koophuis
(c) Rin Tin Tin
Short Answer Questions
1. what was on top of the basket at the celebration?
2. What is the profession of this new person?
3. What does Anne swallow everyday?
4. Who does Mrs. Frank tell that she can't bear their stupid chatter anymore?
5. What do Anne and her father use for their waste?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)