|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne decide to call her diary?
2. Who says, "I don't want to be cross, love can not be forced?"
(a) Anne to Peter
(b) Anne to Mrs. Frank
(c) Peter to Anne
(d) Mrs. Frank to Anne
3. Who is Dussel's first client?
(a) Mrs. Van Daan
(d) Mrs. Frank
4. Which is NOT a title of an essay that Anne has to write as a punishment?
(a) A Chatterbox
(b) Chatterbox, Chatterbox
(c) An Incurable Chatterbox
(d) Quack, Quack, Quack Mrs. Natterbeak
5. Where is the entry to the hiding place?
(a) On the second floor
(b) In the attic
(c) Under the front stoop
(d) On the first floor
6. What has happened to the building with the secret hiding place?
(a) One of the windows was shattered
(b) A fire has damaged it
(c) It has been vacated by the workers
(d) It has been sold to a new owner
7. Where does Anne go to school?
(a) Hebrew Academy
(b) Jewish Secondary School
(c) Jewish Primary School
8. What does Anne give to her father for his birthday?
(a) A poem
(b) A piece of candy
(d) A book
9. What French book is Anne attempting to read?
(a) La Belle Nouveau Riche
(b) La Belle Nivernaise
(c) Le Tragedie de la Guerre
(d) La Plus des Enfants
10. What does Miep bring on Christmas in 1943?
(a) A cake with Peace 1944 written on it
(b) A message from others in hiding
(c) A bundle of expensive presents
(d) A turkey
11. What does Anne mean by shank's mare?
(a) To travel by train
(b) To travel by bus
(c) To travel by horse
(d) To travel by foot
12. Who is the Van Daan's son?
13. What has been Anne's prized possession, before her diary?
(a) Her cat
(b) Her book
(c) Her fountain pen
(d) Her vest
14. How many people are in the hiding place after the Van Daans arrive?
15. What is Camera Obscura?
(a) A poem
(b) A party game
(c) A camera
(d) A book about cameras
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did NOT work for Mr. Frank?
2. Who does Anne feel is unbearable?
3. What happened on Saturday afternoon?
4. What holidays arrive just one day apart in 1942?
5. What is Mrs. Van Daan's biggest issue with Anne and Anne's mother?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)