June 14, 1942 - June 15, 1942
• Anne's 13th birthday brings her a special gift - her diary.
• She also receives other gifts and sweet biscuits at school.
• Anne writes that she likes Peter Wessel and wants to marry him.
• Anne is friends with Lies Goosens and Sanne Houtman and more recently Jopie de Waal
• Anne has party with friends.
June 20, 1942 - July 5, 1942
• Anne contemplates how she will use and share her diary, if at all.
• Anne doesn't think she has anything important to say.
• Anne writes about her family - her father, sister Margot, and her mother.
• Her two uncles have left Germany because of the war.
• Her grandmother has come to live with the family.
• Anne talks about the rise of Jewish persecution - the yellow stars, curfews, not being able to visit Christians, etc.
• Anne begins an entry with "Dear Kitty"
• Margot is out playing ping pong with friends...
This section contains 1,649 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)