|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Davy say he sold his tooth to Milty?
2. Whom does Anne encounter in Chapter 23?
3. Who is Jane going to marry?
4. What is Valley Road apparently known for?
5. How does Anne respond to Gilbert's proposal near the end of Chapter 41?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Davy tell Anne and how does she react in the beginning of Chapter 40?
2. What does Aunt Jimsie lecture Philippa about in Chapter 25 and why? What does it show about Aunt Jimsie?
3. Why is Janet crying in Chapter 33?
4. What foreshadows Anne finally admitting her true feelings about Gilbert?
5. What does Anne think about Roy when they meet in Chapter 25?
6. In Chapter 37, what actions of Anne's are signs that she has feelings for Gilbert?
7. What lesson should Anne learn from Amelia Skinner?
8. Why is Anne a little selfish in Chapter 29 and where is she?
9. Why is Davy being dramatic in Chapter 28?
10. What do we learn about Philippa in Chapter 24?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Anne has many men come in and out of her life as potential beaus, the one male character who is around the longest is Gilbert. Discuss Anne and Gilbert's relationship. Do research on their relationship from previous books and include it. Then analyze how they have grown or been separated and what changes their relationship has gone through. Be sure to use specific examples from the novel to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
There are several females in the novel who help in moving the plot forward. Choose one of the following characters to fully analyze. Be sure to discuss the character's personality, relationship with others, and how she has changed throughout the novel. Be sure to use specific examples from the novel to support your claims.
(a) Aunt Jamesina
Essay Topic 3
A major theme in the novel is about growing up and maturing. Discuss what this means and how it is portrayed in the novel. Include specific characters and how he or she has or has not matured throughout the course of the novel and in what ways. Be sure to use specific examples from the novel to support your claims.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)