|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 37 what does Anne expect Roy to do soon?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Give her flowers.
(c) Break up with her.
(d) Propose to her.
2. With whom is Anne staying in Valley Road?
(a) Miss Janet Sweet.
(b) Amelia Skinner.
(c) Patty Spofford.
(d) Mrs. Douglas.
3. Who is Miss Carson?
(a) Marilla's new friend.
(b) Davy's new teacher.
(c) Anne's aunt.
(d) Mrs. Rachel Lynde's sister.
4. What was Philippa's mother's reaction to Jonas?
5. What birthday is Janet celebrating in Chapter 33?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davy ask Anne to do in Chapter 22?
2. Whose flowers and jewelry gift does Anne wear in Chapter 37?
3. What do Anne and her friends discuss in the beginning of Chapter 37?
4. What news does Anne hear that disheartens her in Chapter 26?
5. Who does Anne miss in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Roy's proposal to Anne her ideal? How so?
2. How does Gilbert know he must try to propose to Anne again?
3. In Chapter 37, what actions of Anne's are signs that she has feelings for Gilbert?
4. What do we learn about Philippa in Chapter 24?
5. What does Aunt Jimsie lecture Philippa about in Chapter 25 and why? What does it show about Aunt Jimsie?
6. How does Anne show signs of maturing in Chapter 34?
7. What advice does Anne give to Janet and is it effective?
8. What does the reader see for the first time about Marilla in Chapter 19 and how?
9. What lesson should Anne learn from Amelia Skinner?
10. What is Anne still in denial about in Chapter 23 and how do we know?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)