|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne decide to do for the day in Chapter 25?
(a) Sit home and ready.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Chat with Philippa.
(d) Go to the park.
2. With whom is Anne staying in Valley Road?
(a) Patty Spofford.
(b) Mrs. Douglas.
(c) Miss Janet Sweet.
(d) Amelia Skinner.
3. Whose flowers and jewelry gift does Anne wear in Chapter 37?
4. What is the news about Gilbert in the beginning of Chapter 40?
(a) He is engaged to Christine.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is very ill.
(d) He is pining over Anne.
5. What does Aunt Jimsie tell Philippa to learn how to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the entire town seem to know about in Chapter 28?
2. What is Anne confused about in Chapter 32?
3. What is Marilla thinking about in the beginning of Chapter 22?
4. What does Anne realize after hearing the news about Gilbert in Chapter 40?
5. What does Davy ask Anne to do in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aunt Jimsie lecture Philippa about in Chapter 25 and why? What does it show about Aunt Jimsie?
2. What foreshadows Anne finally admitting her true feelings about Gilbert?
3. What shows the depth of Philippa's character and her change in personality and values in Chapter 27?
4. What does Davy tell Anne and how does she react in the beginning of Chapter 40?
5. What lesson should Anne learn from Amelia Skinner?
6. In Chapter 37, what actions of Anne's are signs that she has feelings for Gilbert?
7. Why is Anne confused about Janet and John's relationship?
8. How does Gilbert know he must try to propose to Anne again?
9. What is Anne still in denial about in Chapter 23 and how do we know?
10. How is Anne a good representation of her generation in Chapter 31?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)