|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Carson?
(a) Mrs. Rachel Lynde's sister.
(b) Anne's aunt.
(c) Davy's new teacher.
(d) Marilla's new friend.
2. Who is Jane going to marry?
(a) A cousin of Anne's.
(b) A poor preacher.
(c) A rich farmer.
(d) A millionaire.
3. Whom does Anne encounter in Chapter 23?
4. What does Philippa get a brief lecture about?
(a) Jonas is worried she is throwing away her life with him.
(b) Jonas is worried she will break his heart.
(c) Everyone is worried that she will break Jonas' heart.
(d) Everyone is worried she is throwing away her life with Jonas.
5. What is Anne's summer job going to be?
(b) Shop keeper.
(c) Substitute teacher.
(d) Swimming intructor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose flowers and jewelry gift does Anne wear in Chapter 37?
2. What is Anne confused about in Chapter 32?
3. Where do Anne and Gilbert go for a walk in Chapter 41?
4. What does Anne say about being a bridesmaid three times?
5. What does Philippa ask Anne in Chapter 24 in her letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Davy tell Anne and how does she react in the beginning of Chapter 40?
2. Why is Janet crying in Chapter 33?
3. What does Anne think about Roy when they meet in Chapter 25?
4. How does Gilbert know he must try to propose to Anne again?
5. What foreshadows Anne finally admitting her true feelings about Gilbert?
6. What does Aunt Jimsie lecture Philippa about in Chapter 25 and why? What does it show about Aunt Jimsie?
7. What shows the depth of Philippa's character and her change in personality and values in Chapter 27?
8. What do we learn about Philippa in Chapter 24?
9. What is Anne still in denial about in Chapter 23 and how do we know?
10. Why is Anne a little selfish in Chapter 29 and where is she?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)