|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Anne in Chapter 23 that she and Gilbert were made for each other?
(b) Mrs. Rachel Lynde.
(d) Miss Lavener.
2. Where do Anne and Gilbert go for a walk in Chapter 41?
(a) Haunted Wood.
(b) Brook Valley.
(c) Hester Gray's garden.
(d) Green Gables Orchard.
3. After his mother dies, what does John do?
(a) Asks Janet to go away.
(b) Asks Janet to marry him.
(c) Asks Janet to forget about him.
(d) Asks Janet to live with him.
4. What does Anne say about being a bridesmaid three times?
(a) It is a lot of fun.
(b) It ensures the girl will get married next.
(c) It is good luck.
(d) It is bad luck.
5. Who is Fred Wright?
(a) Diana's fiance.
(b) Anne's fiance.
(c) Jane's fiance.
(d) Priscilla's fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Philippa's mother's reaction to Jonas?
2. In Chapter 32, where does Anne go with Janet?
3. Who walks Anne home after Diana's wedding?
4. Who is Jane going to marry?
5. How is Jonas Blake described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bothers Anne at the party and what does it tell the reader in Chapter 26?
2. What does Davy tell Anne and how does she react in the beginning of Chapter 40?
3. Why is Anne a little selfish in Chapter 29 and where is she?
4. What does Aunt Jimsie disapprove of in Chapter 35?
5. How does Anne finally realize she loves Gilbert?
6. Why is Janet crying in Chapter 33?
7. How is Davy's character shown to be maturing in Chapter 19?
8. In Chapter 37, what actions of Anne's are signs that she has feelings for Gilbert?
9. What lesson should Anne learn from Amelia Skinner?
10. Is Roy's proposal to Anne her ideal? How so?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)