|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Anne make frequent nighttime visits in Chapter 14?
2. What is Anne afraid about?
(a) Diana's illness.
(b) Gilbert proposing.
(c) Philippa's lifestyle.
(d) Turning twenty.
3. Even though Anne is back in Avonlea in Chapter 18, how does she feel?
4. What season does the novel begin in?
5. Who moves in with the girls in Chapter 16?
(a) Mrs. Rachel Lynde.
(b) Aunt Jamesina.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what degree is Anne going to college for?
2. Why should Anne be grateful to Diana in Chapter 15?
3. How do Anne and Priscilla consider Philippa after meeting her?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason for why Davy and Dora are getting ready to go to church by themselves in Chapter 13?
5. What does Anne find out about Ruby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Philippa's letter to Anne say, and what does it indicate about Philippa's character?
2. What incident in Chapter 13 shows that Anne is in touch with children?
3. What demonstrates that Philippa has slowly changed in Chapter 10?
4. Describe Philippa's personality.
5. What does the twisting of Diana's ring symbolize?
6. Why is Anne bored when she goes home for Christmas break in Chapter 18?
7. Why is Anne nervous and upset when she runs into Gilbert in Chapter 1?
8. In Chapter 1, what does the season change foreshadow?
9. What is the story behind Rusty the cat in Chapter 16?
10. What does Ruby tell Anne in Chapter 14 and what does Anne understand from it?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)