|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place does Anne fall in love with at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Patty's Place.
(b) Philippa's house.
(c) Spofford Avenue.
(d) Old St. Johns' graveyard.
2. Whom do Anne and Diana visit to deliver some jelly?
(a) Mrs. Rachel Lynde.
(d) Aunt Atossa.
3. Who writes to Anne during the break?
4. Who does Gilbert walk home with after the party?
5. What shows that Mrs. Lynde has a soft side?
(a) She has cookies.
(b) She smiles a lot.
(c) She hugs the children.
(d) She scolds Davy out of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 4, what do Anne and Priscilla discuss?
2. What does Anne think it means to be twenty years old?
3. What makes Anne jealous in Chapter 5?
4. What is one of the topics of discussion between Anne and Diana in Chapter 1?
5. What keeps Anne up-to-date on what is happening in Avonlea?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the party in Chapter 2, who do Anne and Gilbert walk home with and why?
2. What small incident occurs with Davy in Chapter 7 and what does this indicate about Anne?
3. Briefly compare and contrast Davy and Dora in Chapter 13.
4. Why does Patty decide to let the girls rent her home in Chapter 10 and what does this decision say about Anne?
5. Describe the academic standing of Anne, Philippa, Gilbert and Priscilla and what it tells the reader about them in Chapter 7.
6. Why is Anne bored when she goes home for Christmas break in Chapter 18?
7. What is Anne afraid of in Chapter 19 and why?
8. How do Anne and Priscilla finally get a sense of belonging in college?
9. Why is Anne nervous and upset when she runs into Gilbert in Chapter 1?
10. What are the girls learning by living in their new home at Patty's Place in Chapter 16?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)