|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the entire town seem to know about in Chapter 28?
(a) Anne's refusal to Billy's proposal.
(b) Davy's declaration of wanting to die.
(c) Philippa's wedding to Jonas.
(d) Anne's refusal to Gilbert's proposal.
2. What does Anne think about the house she is staying at in Chapter 31?
(a) It is wonderful and cute.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It is damp and creepy.
(d) It is large and cute.
3. Why does Davy say he sold his tooth to Milty?
(a) Because Milty is making a necklace to play Indian Chief.
(b) Because Milty likes collecting teeth.
(c) Because Milty beat him up for it.
(d) Because Milty wants more teeth for the tooth fairy.
4. What does Anne decide to do for the day in Chapter 25?
(a) Go to the park.
(b) Sit home and ready.
(c) Go swimming.
(d) Chat with Philippa.
5. What does Mrs. Douglas compliment Janet on?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her writing.
(c) Her sewing.
(d) Her painting.
6. Who is Mr. John Douglas?
(a) A preacher.
(b) The only male in the group of people that Anne meets.
(c) Another substitute teacher.
(d) The businessman that Janet must meet with.
7. Whose flowers and jewelry gift does Anne wear in Chapter 37?
8. What does Aunt Jimsie advise Anne to do?
(a) Wear a hat.
(b) Take an umbrella.
(c) Take a jacket.
(d) Eat breakfast.
9. What is Marilla thinking about in the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her past life.
(c) Gilbert and Anne.
(d) Her decesased parents.
10. For graduation, Anne receives flowers from whom?
(a) Only Gilbert.
(c) Gilbert and Roy.
(d) Only Roy.
11. What does Anne realize after hearing the news about Gilbert in Chapter 40?
(a) That she hates him.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she doesn't care about him.
(d) That she can never love him.
12. How does Anne surprise her family?
(a) By coming home a day early.
(b) By bringing home presents.
(c) By bringing Philippa home.
(d) By bringing Gilbert home.
13. In Chapter 32, where does Anne go with Janet?
(a) A book club.
(b) A business meeting.
(c) A prayer meeting.
(d) A knitting club.
14. What happens between Sam and Anne?
(a) He asks if Janet will marry him and she tells him no.
(b) He asks if Janet will marry him and she said maybe.
(c) He asks her to marry him and she refuses.
(d) He asks her to marry him and she accepts.
15. Who is taking Rusty when everyone leaves Patty's Place?
(b) Aunt Jimsie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Anne and Gilbert go for a walk in Chapter 41?
2. Who visits Anne often in the beginning of Chapter 41?
3. Who walks Anne home after Diana's wedding?
4. What offer has Anne been made in Chapter 38?
5. Who is Miss Carson?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)