|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose flowers and jewelry gift does Anne wear in Chapter 37?
2. In Chapter 28, why does Davy say he does not want to live a minute longer?
(a) Because he hates his new teacher.
(b) Because he hates his sister.
(c) Because he hates being bored.
(d) Because he hates his new babysitter.
3. Who does Philippa say she has met in Prospect Point?
(a) Billy Andrews.
(b) Charlie Sloane.
(c) Gilbert Blythe.
(d) Jonas Blake.
4. What does Mrs. Douglas compliment Janet on?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her sewing.
(c) Her painting.
(d) Her writing.
5. Who is Miss Carson?
(a) Marilla's new friend.
(b) Anne's aunt.
(c) Davy's new teacher.
(d) Mrs. Rachel Lynde's sister.
6. What does Aunt Jimsie tell Philippa to learn how to do?
7. Why does Gilbert ask Anne to wait three years?
(a) So he can finish medical school.
(b) So he can finish his masters.
(c) So he can work.
(d) So he can prepare for the wedding.
8. What is Anne worried about in Chapter 29?
(a) That Gilbert will not propose to her again.
(b) That Diana is marrying the wrong man.
(c) That Diana will no longer be her friend after her wedding.
(d) That she and Diana will no longer be as close once Diana is married.
9. How does Anne surprise her family?
(a) By bringing Philippa home.
(b) By bringing home presents.
(c) By coming home a day early.
(d) By bringing Gilbert home.
10. What do Anne and her friends discuss in the beginning of Chapter 37?
(a) How they've changed.
(b) Gilbert's proposal to Christine.
(c) How Roy will propose to Anne.
(d) Upcoming weddings.
11. What does Davy ask Anne to do in Chapter 22?
(a) Take care of Stella Fletcher if he dies early.
(b) Get him married to Stella Fletcher.
(c) Help him win Stella Fletcher's heart.
(d) Ask Stella Flecther to marry him.
12. After his mother dies, what does John do?
(a) Asks Janet to marry him.
(b) Asks Janet to forget about him.
(c) Asks Janet to go away.
(d) Asks Janet to live with him.
13. Where are Anne and her girl friends getting ready to go in Chapter 26?
(a) A dance party at Philippa's house.
(b) Roy's graduation.
(c) A reception the juniors hold for the seniors.
(d) Gilbert's fraternity party.
14. What is the only thing that bothers Anne about the house in Chapter 31?
(a) The china dogs.
(b) The size.
(c) The coffin plates depicting all the people who have died in the house.
(d) The graveyard in the back.
15. What does Roy send to Anne?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne think about the house she is staying at in Chapter 31?
2. Who writes to Anne in Chapter 24?
3. With whom is Anne staying in Valley Road?
4. Who is ill in Chapter 34?
5. Who visits Anne often in the beginning of Chapter 41?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)