|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the news about Gilbert in the beginning of Chapter 40?
(a) He is engaged to Christine.
(b) He is very ill.
(c) He is pining over Anne.
(d) He is dead.
2. In Chapter 36, what does Anne receive in the mail?
(a) News from a circular that published her work and ten dollars.
(b) A rejection slip from a magazine.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) A letter from Gilbert.
3. If Diana had given birth to a little girl, what name would she have given her?
4. Who tells Anne in Chapter 23 that she and Gilbert were made for each other?
(b) Mrs. Rachel Lynde.
(d) Miss Lavener.
5. For graduation, Anne receives flowers from whom?
(b) Gilbert and Roy.
(c) Only Gilbert.
(d) Only Roy.
6. What promise had John made to his mother?
(a) To bury her beside her husband.
(b) Not to marry Janet.
(c) Not to marry anyone until after she died.
(d) To cremate her body.
7. Who visits Anne often in the beginning of Chapter 41?
8. What does Anne decide to do for the day in Chapter 25?
(a) Go to the park.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Sit home and ready.
(d) Chat with Philippa.
9. What year of college are the girls in when they return to Redmond?
10. What is Anne wearing after Jane's wedding that makes Gilbert realize he must try with her again?
(a) The necklace he gave her.
(b) A ring.
(c) The flowers he gave her.
(d) A dress.
11. What does Aunt Jimsie tell Philippa to learn how to do?
12. Who is Miss Carson?
(a) Marilla's new friend.
(b) Anne's aunt.
(c) Davy's new teacher.
(d) Mrs. Rachel Lynde's sister.
13. What do Anne and Janet laugh about in Chapter 34?
(a) John's crazy unexpected proposal.
(b) Roy's crazy unexpected proposal.
(c) Sam's crazy unexpected proposal.
(d) Gilber's crazy unexpected proposal.
14. What do Anne and her friends discuss in the beginning of Chapter 37?
(a) How Roy will propose to Anne.
(b) How they've changed.
(c) Upcoming weddings.
(d) Gilbert's proposal to Christine.
15. What is Anne's summer job going to be?
(b) Substitute teacher.
(c) Swimming intructor.
(d) Shop keeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes to Anne in Chapter 24?
2. What does the man who works for Gilbert's aunt tell Anne?
3. What was Philippa's mother's reaction to Jonas?
4. What does Anne say about being a bridesmaid three times?
5. Where do Anne and Gilbert go for a walk in Chapter 41?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)