Chapter 1, 2, 3
1. What season does the novel begin in?
2. Where are Anne and Diana in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Green Gables Orchard.
(b) The Haunted Wood.
(c) Brook Valley.
(d) The Boardinghouse.
3. What are Anne and Diana doing in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Having tea.
(b) Picking apples.
4. What is one of the topics of discussion between Anne and Diana in Chapter 1?
(d) Their parents.
5. For what degree is Anne going to college for?
6. Whom does Anne meet and is nervous talking to in Chapter 1?
7. When Anne goes home near the end of Chapter 1, what does she find?
(a) Davy laughing.
(b) Dora laughing.
(c) Davy crying.
(d) Dora crying.
8. Who tells Anne about what Milty Boulter's mother said?
9. What did Milty Boulter's mother say?
(a) That Anne is going to college to get a good education.
(b) That Anne is going to college to catch a man.
(c) That Anne and Diana's friendship will not last.
(d) That Anne and Gilbert are in love.
This section contains 3,980 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)