|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Anne on her birthday in Chapter 26?
2. What flower did Anne hold in her folded hands?
(a) a yellow daisy
(b) a tall, blue iris
(c) a white rose
(d) a white lily
3. Who was the vivid, black-eyed "rose-red" girl Anne also made friends with at Queen's?
(a) Maureen Gillespie
(b) Priscilla Grant
(c) Stella Maynard
(d) Molly McKenna
4. Though Aunt Josephine's house was splendid, what did Anne think it lacked?
(a) It didn't have a beautiful view from the big windows.
(b) There was no scope for imagination there.
(c) It was cold and not cozy.
(d) The furniture was stiff and uncomfortable.
5. Why did Marilla cry when she listened to Anne recite "The Maiden's Vow" for her and Matthew?
(a) She wished Anne were still a little girl.
(b) Marilla was so proud of Anne.
(c) It reminded Marilla of her youth and lost love.
(d) The recitation was so sorrowful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the doctor say had caused Matthew's death?
2. What did Diana do right after Anne had departed for Queen's?
3. Why wasn't Gilbert Blythe going to Redmond?
4. What was Marilla looking forward to on her way home from the Aid meeting?
5. What photograph occupied the place of honor in Anne's bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story club?
2. Describe the story "The Jealous Rival" or "In Death not Divided" that Anne writes.
3. Why is Anne up in her room buried in her pillows?
4. What are the results of the final examinations on the bulletin board?
5. What were the results of the Entrance Examination?
6. After a long winter of hard study how does Anne spend her summer?
7. What changes take place in Anne during the summer in Chapter 31?
8. Who are the two girls Anne becomes friendly with at Queen's and what are they like ?
9. What actually happens during this dramatization of the lily maid?
10. Why is Anne worried about Marilla and Matthew?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)