|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who won the Avery scholarship?
(a) Anne Shirley
(b) Gilbert Blythe
(c) Emily Clay
(d) Robert Kiernan
2. How much taller did Anne grow that summer?
(a) an inch
(b) three inches
(c) an inch and a half
(d) two inches
3. What did Rev. Allan say everyone should have?
(a) a model to follow
(b) a good conscience
(c) a worthy purpose in life
(d) a good Christian home
4. What poet wrote about Elaine the Lily Maid?
5. To whom does Matthew finally turn with this problem of getting a new dress for Anne?
(b) Mrs. Rachel Lynde
(c) Mrs. Allan, the minister's wife
(d) Miss Stacy, Anne's teacher
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Exhibition what did Josie Pye take first place at?
2. Who did Professor Tremaine say would probably win the Avery scholarship?
3. What does Matthew do when he goes to town to buy a dress for Anne?
4. What did Anne do with Miss Josephine Barry while at Queen's?
5. How many students took the Entrance exam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do both Anne and Gilbert elect to do in their studies?
2. What awaits Anne and Diana when they are invited by Diana's aunt Josephine to the Exhibition in Charlottetown?
3. What secret does Marilla tell Anne at the end of Chapter 37?
4. What changes take place in Anne during the summer in Chapter 31?
5. What are the stumbling blocks to Anne, Jane, Ruby and Charlie, Josie and Moody in their studies?
6. Describe some other women at the concert at the White Sands Hotel.
7. What does Miss Stacy propose her students do in November?
8. What were the results of the Entrance Examination?
9. What does Miss Stacy tell Marilla she wants to do when she visits her in chapter 30?
10. Why is Marilla upset when she returns from her Aid meeting one late April evening?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)