|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is going to be the Fairy Queen in the Christmas concert?
(a) Josie Pye
(b) Ruby Gillis
(c) Diana Barry
(d) Jane Andrews
2. What color is Anne's new dress with puffed sleeves?
(a) soft green
(b) soft brown
(c) pale yellow
(d) soft blue
3. How many students took the Entrance exam?
4. What did Rev. Allan say everyone should have?
(a) a good conscience
(b) a worthy purpose in life
(c) a model to follow
(d) a good Christian home
5. What did Moody Spurgeon do to settle his nerves before the Entrance exam?
(a) ate a lot of ice cream
(b) wrote a lot of letters to his parents
(c) repeated the multiplication table
(d) repeated the Lord's Prayer
Short Answer Questions
1. What part does Anne play in a tableau at the Christmas concert?
2. What superstition makes Anne uneasy about the exam?
3. What did Marilla find when she went upstairs to Anne's room for a candle?
4. How much taller did Anne grow that summer?
5. How was Mr. Barry's flat adorned for Elaine's watery voyage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story "The Jealous Rival" or "In Death not Divided" that Anne writes.
2. What does Miss Stacy propose her students do in November?
3. Why is Anne up in her room buried in her pillows?
4. What secret does Marilla tell Anne at the end of Chapter 37?
5. What do Diana and Anne decide after having visited the city?
6. What awaits Anne and Diana when they are invited by Diana's aunt Josephine to the Exhibition in Charlottetown?
7. Describe how Anne, Diana, Ruby Gillis and Jane Andrews decide to dramatize Tennyson's "Elaine".
8. How do Anne and Marilla react when Matthew dies?
9. Describe Ruby Gillis, whom Gilbert Blythe walks home with from the Carmody Railway Station every Friday night.
10. What are the results of the final examinations on the bulletin board?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)