|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Anne on her birthday in Chapter 26?
2. What made Anne suddenly lose her fear of reciting?
(a) She saw Diana's encouraging smile.
(b) She remembered she had to make Marilla and Matthew proud.
(c) She saw Gilbert Blythe with a smile on his face.
(d) She wanted to show that scornful girl she could do it.
3. What did Rev. Allan say everyone should have?
(a) a worthy purpose in life
(b) a good Christian home
(c) a good conscience
(d) a model to follow
4. What are the health problems Marilla has now?
(a) She has problems with her back. She can't do her chores well anymore
(b) She has problems with her eyes. She can't read or sew with comfort.
(c) She has problems with rheumatoid arthritis
(d) She has problems with constant colds
5. What event did Aunt Josephine take the girls to see at the Exhibition?
(a) the cake decorating contest
(b) the horse races
(c) the taffy pull
(d) the singing contest
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne think her besetting sin is?
2. What did the professional elocutionist look like?
3. To whom does Matthew finally turn with this problem of getting a new dress for Anne?
4. What precipitated Matthew's death and Marilla's terrible plight with Green Gables?
5. What was the important news Miss Stacy told Marilla?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Stacy tell Marilla she wants to do when she visits her in chapter 30?
2. Describe how Anne, Diana, Ruby Gillis and Jane Andrews decide to dramatize Tennyson's "Elaine".
3. What does the oculist tell Marilla about her eyes?
4. What do both Anne and Gilbert elect to do in their studies?
5. When Matthew realizes that Anne is not dressed as the other little girls are and decides to buy her a dress what does he first do and why does he fail?
6. How did some of the Avonlea students react before the Entrance Exam?
7. Describe Ruby Gillis, whom Gilbert Blythe walks home with from the Carmody Railway Station every Friday night.
8. Why is Marilla upset when she returns from her Aid meeting one late April evening?
9. What secret does Marilla tell Anne at the end of Chapter 37?
10. What changes take place in Anne during the summer in Chapter 31?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)