|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event did Aunt Josephine take the girls to see at the Exhibition?
(a) the cake decorating contest
(b) the taffy pull
(c) the horse races
(d) the singing contest
2. What precipitated Matthew's death and Marilla's terrible plight with Green Gables?
(a) Anne was going away to Redmond college.
(b) Matthew had lent a friend money which he hadn't repaid.
(c) They both had become old and sick.
(d) Matthew's and Marilla's bank, Abbey bank, failed.
3. With whom did Anne walk on her way to see the posting of awards on the bulletin board?
(a) Jane Andrews
(b) Ruby Gillis
(c) Stella Maynard
(d) Priscilla Grant
4. Who did Professor Tremaine say would probably win the Avery scholarship?
(a) Priscilla Grant
(b) Emily Clay
(c) Anne Shirley
(d) Gilbert Blythe
5. Who is going to be the Fairy Queen in the Christmas concert?
(a) Josie Pye
(b) Diana Barry
(c) Ruby Gillis
(d) Jane Andrews
Short Answer Questions
1. What superstition makes Anne uneasy about the exam?
2. What did the oculist tell Marilla about her eyes?
3. Who was the vivid, black-eyed "rose-red" girl Anne also made friends with at Queen's?
4. What was it that started the story club among the Avonlea girls?
5. What does Anne think her besetting sin is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the results of the Entrance Examination?
2. What does Miss Stacy propose her students do in November?
3. What is Marilla moved to tell Anne in Chapter 34 and how does Anne respond?
4. What does the oculist tell Marilla about her eyes?
5. Describe how Anne, Diana, Ruby Gillis and Jane Andrews decide to dramatize Tennyson's "Elaine".
6. Why is Marilla upset when she returns from her Aid meeting one late April evening?
7. After a long winter of hard study how does Anne spend her summer?
8. How did some of the Avonlea students react before the Entrance Exam?
9. Describe the story "The Jealous Rival" or "In Death not Divided" that Anne writes.
10. What secret does Marilla tell Anne at the end of Chapter 37?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)