|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Anne agree to smooth things over with Mrs. Lynde?
(a) She feels she was in the wrong
(b) She's afraid of Mrs. Lynde
(c) She is afraid of further punishment from Marilla.
(d) Matthew implores her to
2. What is the outcome of Minnie Mae's illness?
(a) Minne Mae passes on and all are devasted
(b) Anne cures her and Mrs.Barry kisses her and thanks her.
(c) Mary Joe the French girl cures her
(d) The doctor comes at last and cures her
3. What does Anne recall Mr. Phillips, the teacher, doing which upset her?
(a) He spelled her name without an "e" and made her sit with Gil.
(b) He gave her low marks and made fun of her.
(c) He was very proud and unkind to the pupils of the school.
(d) He chastized her friend, Diana
4. What does Anne think of the new minister's wife?
(a) She's an unfriendly, ugly woman.
(b) She is too serious and too pious.
(c) She's a kindred spirit and makes religion cheerful.
(d) She's too young to be a good minister's wife.
5. What is the surprise outcome of Anne and Diana jumping on Diana's Aunt Josephine?
(a) Anne and Diana decide they should become nuns.
(b) Aunt Josephine disinherits Diana's parents and DIana.
(c) Aunt Josephine invites them on a trip to Europe.
(d) Aunt Josephine becomes Anne's and Diana's mentor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Anne in Chapter 5?
2. What did Rachel Lynde hear from Marilla when she visited her?
3. What does Anne do that deeply touches Marilla?
4. What do we learn about Matthew Cuthbert in Chapter 2?
5. What did Gilbert Blythe recite at the concert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who becomes Anne's enemy in Chapter 15 and why?
2. Describe the ten-minute farewell Anne and Diana are allowed to have at Dryad's Bubble.
3. Why is Marilla hesitant to ship Anne off to live with Mrs. Peter Blewett?
4. What happens when Marilla takes Anne to meet Diana Barry?
5. What happens that night at the sleepover at Diana's house and what is the outcome?
6. What does Anne tell Marilla when Marilla asks her about herself?
7. Describe Anne's first morning at Green Gables.
8. What kind of unusual prayer does Anne say when Marilla asks her to pray in Chapter 7?
9. What kind of welcome does Anne receive after returning to school?
10. How does Anne ask Mrs. Lynde to forgive her for calling Mrs. Lynde rude, impolite and unfeeling?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)