|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are Diana and Anne given to bid farewell?
(a) 10 minutes
(b) 15 minutes
(c) the whole afternoon
(d) 20 minutes
2. What is the outcome of Minnie Mae's illness?
(a) Anne cures her and Mrs.Barry kisses her and thanks her.
(b) Mary Joe the French girl cures her
(c) Minne Mae passes on and all are devasted
(d) The doctor comes at last and cures her
3. What did Anne say she would leave to Diana if she were killed?
(a) her gold locket
(b) her diary
(c) her pearl bead ring
(d) her books
4. How old is Matthew?
5. What does Anne do when Marilla accuses her of losing Marilla's amethyst brooch?
(a) She dissolves into tears and asks for severe punishment.
(b) She promises to save money and buy her another one.
(c) She falsely confesses to having dropped it in the lake.
(d) She gets angry and protests the accusation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anne remorseful about concerning Mr. Phillips?
2. What does Anne call a person who feels as she does about things?
3. Who is Diana Barry?
4. What does Anne think of the minister's sermon and Mr. Bell's prayers?
5. What is the surprise outcome of Anne and Diana jumping on Diana's Aunt Josephine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the reader introduced to Anne's flair for the dramatic in Chapter 3?
2. Describe what Anne would like in a bosom friend?
3. Why does Anne refuse to run over to Diana's to borrow Diana's apron pattern?
4. Describe Matthew Cuthbert and explain why you think he may become a good friend of Anne's.
5. What did all the children do at Diana Barry's party? Give some examples.
6. What disaster happens when Marilla has the new minister and his wife to tea?
7. What are Anne's impressions of Sunday School?
8. What happens that night at the sleepover at Diana's house and what is the outcome?
9. What is the important message Diana has Anne signal with five flashes of the candle in the window?
10. Why is Marilla hesitant to ship Anne off to live with Mrs. Peter Blewett?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)