|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rachel Lynde hear from Marilla when she visited her?
(a) She heard that Marilla's cow was missing.
(b) She heard that Marilla was inviting the minister to tea.
(c) She heard that Marilla and Matthew were adopting a boy.
(d) She heard that Marilla wasn't feeling well.
2. What does Anne think of the new minister's wife?
(a) She's too young to be a good minister's wife.
(b) She's an unfriendly, ugly woman.
(c) She is too serious and too pious.
(d) She's a kindred spirit and makes religion cheerful.
3. How does Anne compare Mrs. Allan to Matthew?
(a) They both love the bible
(b) They are both shy and introverted
(c) They are both instantly lovable and Anne's kindred spirits
(d) They both love animals
4. Why is Anne reluctant to run over to Mrs Barry's house to pick up Diana's apron pattern for Marilla?
(a) She had promised Matthew to mend his shirt that evening.
(b) She's tired and doesn't feel well.
(c) She has too much homework to do.
(d) It's dark and Anne's afraid of "the Haunted Wood"
5. What did Ella May give Anne when she returned to school?
(a) an enormous yellow pansy cut from a catalogue
(b) an apple from her father's orchard
(c) a bunch of wild flowers
(d) a little notebook
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Prissy Andrews look like at the Debating Club concert?
2. What does Anne do when Marilla accuses her of losing Marilla's amethyst brooch?
3. What do Anne and Diana pledge to one another?
4. What does Anne tell Marilla when Marilla asks her what her name is?
5. What seems to save Anne when she is tempted by disappointment and despair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Anne's impressions of Sunday School?
2. Why does Anne refuse to run over to Diana's to borrow Diana's apron pattern?
3. How does Anne ask Mrs. Lynde to forgive her for calling Mrs. Lynde rude, impolite and unfeeling?
4. Explain the incident concerning Marilla's amethyst brooch.
5. Describe the ten-minute farewell Anne and Diana are allowed to have at Dryad's Bubble.
6. How does Anne prepare herself for the tea she's invited to by the new minister's wife, Mrs. Allan?
7. Why is Marilla hesitant to ship Anne off to live with Mrs. Peter Blewett?
8. What happens when Marilla takes Anne to meet Diana Barry?
9. What kind of unusual prayer does Anne say when Marilla asks her to pray in Chapter 7?
10. What is Anne all excited about in Chapter 13 and why?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)