|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anne win Mrs. Rachel Lynde over?
(a) Anne agrees that she is skinny with carrot red hair
(b) Anne makes an apple pie and takes it to Mrs. Lynde.
(c) Anne drops to her knees with a dramatic apology
(d) Anne flatters Mrs. Rachel Lynde.
2. What did Carrie Sloane dare Ruby Gillis to do at Diana's party?
(a) dig a can of worms
(b) swim across Barry's pond
(c) climb to a point in the old caterpillar-infested willow tree
(d) catch 20 grasshoppers
3. How does Anne compare Mrs. Allan to Matthew?
(a) They are both shy and introverted
(b) They are both instantly lovable and Anne's kindred spirits
(c) They both love animals
(d) They both love the bible
4. What does Anne dearly wish she had?
(a) a horse to ride
(b) a bosom friend, a kindred spirit to confide in
(c) her own dog
(d) a father and mother
5. What has Anne never tasted which she hopes to eat at the Sunday school picnic?
(a) ice cream
(b) chocolate brownies
(c) lady's fingers
(d) strawberry shortcake
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession did Anne's parents have?
2. What is Anne looking forward to doing after she finishes her lessons?
3. What was Anne's responsibility when she lived with Mrs. Hammond?
4. What did Gilbert Blythe recite at the concert?
5. What seems to save Anne when she is tempted by disappointment and despair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the incident concerning Marilla's amethyst brooch.
2. How is the reader introduced to Anne's flair for the dramatic in Chapter 3?
3. Describe what Anne would like in a bosom friend?
4. When Anne reminds Marilla that she has been at Green Gables for one year what does Marilla say and what does she think in her heart?
5. What are Anne's impressions of Sunday School?
6. Who becomes Anne's enemy in Chapter 15 and why?
7. How does Anne prepare herself for the tea she's invited to by the new minister's wife, Mrs. Allan?
8. What does Josie Pye dare Anne to do and what happens?
9. What happens that night at the sleepover at Diana's house and what is the outcome?
10. How does Anne save the day and become reunited with Diana Barry in Chapter 18?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)