|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocked Mrs. Lynde about Anne in church?
(a) Anne put roses and buttercups on her hat.
(b) Anne didn't kneel when the other people did.
(c) Anne fell asleep.
(d) Anne didn't sing the hymns.
2. What housekeeping mistakes does Anne make because she's lost in her imagination?
(a) She drops the pie on the kitchen floor and leaves the door open.
(b) She doesn't make her bed and breaks a dish.
(c) She starches Matthew's handkerchiefs and burns the pie.
(d) She puts the jam on the wrong shelf and leaves the butter out.
3. What did Carrie Sloane dare Ruby Gillis to do at Diana's party?
(a) dig a can of worms
(b) climb to a point in the old caterpillar-infested willow tree
(c) swim across Barry's pond
(d) catch 20 grasshoppers
4. Who is Diana Barry?
(a) a dark-haired, dark-eyed little girl about Anne's age
(b) the minister's wife
(c) Anne's imaginary playmate
(d) a former friend at the asylum
5. What compliment on her looks does Anne receive the first day at school?
(a) that her eyes are lovely
(b) that she has thick hair
(c) that she has a pretty nose
(d) that her ears are perfectly formed
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anne view nature?
2. What does Mrs. Lynde suggest that Marilla do to Anne?
3. What way did Matthew vote politically?
4. What has Anne been studying since she came to Green Gables?
5. What is the surprise outcome of Anne and Diana jumping on Diana's Aunt Josephine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Josie Pye dare Anne to do and what happens?
2. What kind of unusual prayer does Anne say when Marilla asks her to pray in Chapter 7?
3. What happens when Marilla takes Anne to meet Diana Barry?
4. Describe Mrs. Rachel Lynde who appears in Chapter 1.
5. Why does Anne refuse to run over to Diana's to borrow Diana's apron pattern?
6. Describe the new kindred spirit Anne meets in Chapter 21.
7. Describe what Anne would like in a bosom friend?
8. What happens that night at the sleepover at Diana's house and what is the outcome?
9. When Anne reminds Marilla that she has been at Green Gables for one year what does Marilla say and what does she think in her heart?
10. Describe Anne's first morning at Green Gables.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)