|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carrie Sloane dare Ruby Gillis to do at Diana's party?
(a) catch 20 grasshoppers
(b) swim across Barry's pond
(c) climb to a point in the old caterpillar-infested willow tree
(d) dig a can of worms
2. What do we learn about Matthew Cuthbert in Chapter 2?
(a) We learn that he is painfully shy around girls and women.
(b) We learn that he is a confident, boastful man.
(c) We learn that he had an unhappy love affair as a young man.
(d) We learn that he loves children, both boys and girls.
3. What happened to Anne when she was dared to walk the ridgepole of Mr. Barry's kitchen roof?
(a) She refused the dare, saying that was fool-hardy.
(b) She accepted the dare and fell and broke her ankle.
(c) She fell from the roof, breaking both legs.
(d) She successfully walked the ridgepole.
4. What is Anne looking forward to doing after she finishes her lessons?
(a) building a snowman
(b) writing in her diary
(c) baking a cake for Matthew
(d) reading a book Jane loaned her
5. What physical problem does Marilla sometimes have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne do and say when Marilla tells her she can stay at Green Gables?
2. What does Anne call a person who feels as she does about things?
3. What did Josie Pye dare Jane Andrews to do at the party?
4. What does Anne do that deeply touches Marilla?
5. What is the surprise outcome of Anne and Diana jumping on Diana's Aunt Josephine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Rachel Lynde who appears in Chapter 1.
2. What does Anne tell Marilla when Marilla asks her about herself?
3. Why does Marilla go to Charlottetown in Chapter 18?
4. Describe the new kindred spirit Anne meets in Chapter 21.
5. What kind of unusual prayer does Anne say when Marilla asks her to pray in Chapter 7?
6. What did all the children do at Diana Barry's party? Give some examples.
7. Describe what Anne would like in a bosom friend?
8. What is the important message Diana has Anne signal with five flashes of the candle in the window?
9. Explain the incident concerning Marilla's amethyst brooch.
10. What disaster happens when Marilla has the new minister and his wife to tea?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)