|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Anne and Diana call the patch of birch trees where they built a playhouse?
(c) the hiding place
(d) Sentinel's Way
2. What does Marilla do when she thinks Anne lost her amethyst brooch?
(a) She tells her she can't see Diana for 2 weeks.
(b) She forbids her to go to the Sunday School picnic.
(c) She refuses to let her have a dog or cat.
(d) She gives her extra chores.
3. What does Anne think of the new minister's wife?
(a) She's an unfriendly, ugly woman.
(b) She's too young to be a good minister's wife.
(c) She is too serious and too pious.
(d) She's a kindred spirit and makes religion cheerful.
4. What kind of dress does Anne wish she could have?
(a) a silk dress with a flower print
(b) a dress with puffed sleeves
(c) a blue, organdy dress
(d) a long, white dress to pretend in
5. How old is Matthew?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all the girls in the class do when Mr. Phillips gives his farewell speech?
2. What does Anne do that deeply touches Marilla?
3. Which of the spring flowers does Anne think would be tragic not to know--that are the soul of flowers that died last summer and this is their heaven?
4. What does Marilla decide to do with Anne so that she won't remain a heathen?
5. What joyous surprise does Anne find at the post office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Anne's impressions of Sunday School?
2. Who becomes Anne's enemy in Chapter 15 and why?
3. What did all the children do at Diana Barry's party? Give some examples.
4. What happens when Marilla takes Anne to meet Diana Barry?
5. Why is Marilla hesitant to ship Anne off to live with Mrs. Peter Blewett?
6. How does Anne save the day and become reunited with Diana Barry in Chapter 18?
7. How does Anne ask Mrs. Lynde to forgive her for calling Mrs. Lynde rude, impolite and unfeeling?
8. Describe the ten-minute farewell Anne and Diana are allowed to have at Dryad's Bubble.
9. What kind of unusual prayer does Anne say when Marilla asks her to pray in Chapter 7?
10. What is the important message Diana has Anne signal with five flashes of the candle in the window?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)