|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Christmas gift did Diana's Aunt Josephine give Anne?
(a) a jaunty green hat with a feather
(b) dainty kid slippers
(c) a little fur muff
(d) a beaded pearl purse
2. How was Mr. Barry's flat adorned for Elaine's watery voyage?
(a) Ruby's mother's table cloth and a yellow afghan
(b) Diana's mother's black shawl and a yellow piano scarf
(c) Diana's sheet and her mother's yellow shawl
(d) Anne's coverlet and a yellow quilt
3. With whom did Gilbert Blythe walk home to Avonlea from the Carmody railway station?
(a) Josie Pye
(b) Ruby Gillis
(c) Anne Shirley
(d) Jane Andrews
4. What did Marilla do right after Anne left for Queen's?
(a) She went to town and did a lot of shopping.
(b) She plunged into unnecessary work with a heavy heart.
(c) She went up and lay on Anne's bed and wept.
(d) She talked a long time with Matthew about Anne.
5. What was another change in Anne that summer, four years after she had arrived at Green Gables?
(a) She was more melancoly.
(b) She was quieter.
(c) She and Diana were no longer close friends.
(d) She had lost her imagination.
6. What was the title of Anne's first story?
(a) "The Haunted Wood" or "Alone in the Dark Wood"
(b) "Unrequited Love" or "Long Lost Love"
(c) "My Prince Will Come" or "Happy Ending"
(d) "The Jealous Rival" or "In Death not Divided"
7. What event did Aunt Josephine take the girls to see at the Exhibition?
(a) the taffy pull
(b) the cake decorating contest
(c) the horse races
(d) the singing contest
8. What kind of flowers was Anne carrying when she and Marilla saw Matthew fall across the threshold?
(a) white narcissus
(b) yellow daffodils
(c) lilies of the valley
(d) a bouquet of white tulips
9. What did Rev. Allan say everyone should have?
(a) a worthy purpose in life
(b) a model to follow
(c) a good conscience
(d) a good Christian home
10. How was Anne saved from going down with the flat?
(a) Anne swam to shore.
(b) The flat arrived at its destination before it sank.
(c) A fisherman approached in a row boat and rescued Anne.
(d) The flat drifted close to a bridge pile and Anne climbed on it.
11. With whom did Anne walk on her way to see the posting of awards on the bulletin board?
(a) Ruby Gillis
(b) Jane Andrews
(c) Priscilla Grant
(d) Stella Maynard
12. Why did the flat start leaking?
(a) The sharp stake at the landing had torn off a strip of batting.
(b) It had been damaged in a recent storm.
(c) Some small boys had torn a hole in it while they were playing.
(d) The wood of the bottom of the flat had rotted
13. What does Anne think her besetting sin is?
(a) being vain about her looks
(b) judging Josie Pye and other classmates to harshly
(c) imagining too much and forgetting her duties
(d) not obeying Marilla enough
14. What did Matthew begin to think he should do when Anne became so worried about the Entrance exam's result?
(a) tell Anne how much he loved her
(b) buy Anne a new dress
(c) vote Grit in the next election
(d) start saying his prayers every night
15. How does the reader once more realize that Gilbert Blythe is in love with Anne?
(a) He claps the loudest when she recites.
(b) He tells his best friend how much he cares about her.
(c) He sends her an anonymous note.
(d) He puts a rose which fell from Anne's hair in his breast-pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Miss Stacy speak to the teen girls about when she took them down to the brook?
2. What was going on in the hall when Anne arrived to look at the bulletin board with the awards posted?
3. How old is Anne on her birthday in Chapter 26?
4. What does Ruby Gillis think about all the time?
5. What was it that started the story club among the Avonlea girls?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)