|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anne tell Marilla she'd like to be if she were a man?
(a) an architect
(b) a knight in Camelot
(c) a minister
(d) one of Robin Hood's merry men
2. Who did Professor Tremaine say would probably win the Avery scholarship?
(a) Anne Shirley
(b) Gilbert Blythe
(c) Priscilla Grant
(d) Emily Clay
3. What event did Aunt Josephine take the girls to see at the Exhibition?
(a) the singing contest
(b) the taffy pull
(c) the horse races
(d) the cake decorating contest
4. How old is Anne on her birthday in Chapter 26?
5. What did Dr. Spencer tell Marilla to do with Anne that summer?
(a) keep her in the open air and not let her read books
(b) feed her plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit
(c) give her cod liver oil every morning
(d) watch that she got plenty of sleep each night
6. Who is going to be the Fairy Queen in the Christmas concert?
(a) Diana Barry
(b) Jane Andrews
(c) Josie Pye
(d) Ruby Gillis
7. What did the doctor say had caused Matthew's death?
(a) a sudden shock
(c) too much hard work
(d) He had been ill with the flu.
8. What did Miss Stacy catch Anne doing during class?
(a) reading "Pilgrim's Progress"
(b) reading " The House of Seven Gables"
(c) reading "The Scarlet Letter"
(d) reading " Ben Hur"
9. With whom did Anne walk on her way to see the posting of awards on the bulletin board?
(a) Ruby Gillis
(b) Priscilla Grant
(c) Stella Maynard
(d) Jane Andrews
10. What was the important news Miss Stacy told Marilla?
(a) that she was leaving Avonlea after the school year ended
(b) a report on Anne's good grades
(c) extra lessons to prepare advanced students for Queen's
(d) an end of the school year picnic
11. What did Marilla find when she went upstairs to Anne's room for a candle?
(a) Anne's window wide-open when it should be shut
(b) Anne lying face-down among the pillows
(c) Anne's room in great disorder
(d) a letter from Anne for her lying on Anne's bed
12. What was going on in the hall when Anne arrived to look at the bulletin board with the awards posted?
(a) students were standing in little groups
(b) Boys were carrying Gilbert and shouting Hurrah to the Medallist.
(c) Someone shouted "Emily Clay won!"
(d) Students were shouting "Priscilla Grant won the medal!"
13. What is the name of Diana's Aunt Josephine's house in Charlottetown?
(d) Hemlock Hill
14. Who was the vivid, black-eyed "rose-red" girl Anne also made friends with at Queen's?
(a) Stella Maynard
(b) Priscilla Grant
(c) Maureen Gillespie
(d) Molly McKenna
15. What did Anne want to win at Queen's at the end of the year?
(a) the Avery scholarship
(b) first in the class
(c) a gold medal
(d) the Queen's scholarship
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another change in Anne that summer, four years after she had arrived at Green Gables?
2. What photograph occupied the place of honor in Anne's bedroom?
3. How many students took the Entrance exam?
4. Who was John Sadler?
5. How much did Anne pay for the hair dye?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)