|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miss Stacy speak to the teen girls about when she took them down to the brook?
(a) the importance of the habits they acquired in their teens
(b) the danger of falling in love too quickly
(c) the importance of getting enough sleep each night
(d) the importance of getting good grades in school
2. Who made Anne's dress to take with her to Queen's?
(b) Mrs. Allan
(c) Emily Gillis
(d) Mrs. Rachel Lynde
3. What was it that started the story club among the Avonlea girls?
(a) It was a natural outcome of the girls reading so much.
(b) There was a story-writing contest in a local magazine.
(c) The girls were bored.
(d) Miss Stacy assigned her students the task of writing a stories.
4. What did Anne want to win at Queen's at the end of the year?
(a) the Queen's scholarship
(b) the Avery scholarship
(c) a gold medal
(d) first in the class
5. What are the health problems Marilla has now?
(a) She has problems with rheumatoid arthritis
(b) She has problems with constant colds
(c) She has problems with her back. She can't do her chores well anymore
(d) She has problems with her eyes. She can't read or sew with comfort.
6. Though Aunt Josephine's house was splendid, what did Anne think it lacked?
(a) There was no scope for imagination there.
(b) It was cold and not cozy.
(c) The furniture was stiff and uncomfortable.
(d) It didn't have a beautiful view from the big windows.
7. What poet wrote about Elaine the Lily Maid?
8. At the Exhibition what did Josie Pye take first place at?
(a) knitted lace
(b) the largest beets
(c) the best-decorated cake
(d) the best home-made pie
9. Why wasn't Anne brokenhearted when she couldn't go to Redmond and felt she must stay and teach?
(a) She was tired of so much studying.
(b) Nothing could be worse than selling Green Gables.
(c) She had been afraid she'd be too home-sick if she went away.
(d) She had decided she didn't need more education.
10. How was Mr. Barry's flat adorned for Elaine's watery voyage?
(a) Diana's sheet and her mother's yellow shawl
(b) Anne's coverlet and a yellow quilt
(c) Diana's mother's black shawl and a yellow piano scarf
(d) Ruby's mother's table cloth and a yellow afghan
11. What does Mrs. Lynde disapprove of about the new young minister, Mr. Allan?
(a) that he isn't solemn enough in church
(b) that his sermons aren't pious enough
(c) that he lets his wife wear large puffed sleeves
(d) that he worships the ground his wife treads on
12. How many students took the Entrance exam?
13. How old is Anne on her birthday in Chapter 26?
14. Who did Professor Tremaine say would probably win the Avery scholarship?
(a) Priscilla Grant
(b) Anne Shirley
(c) Emily Clay
(d) Gilbert Blythe
15. What photograph occupied the place of honor in Anne's bedroom?
(a) Miss Stacy's photograph
(b) a photograph of Mrs. Allan
(c) a photograph of Marilla and Matthew
(d) a photograph of Diana
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sold Anne the hair dye?
2. What Christmas gift did Diana's Aunt Josephine give Anne?
3. What is the name of Diana's Aunt Josephine's house in Charlottetown?
4. Who was the pale, spiritual-looking "dream girl" with whom Anne became friendly at Queen's?
5. What difference did Matthew observe about Anne when he compared her to her girlfriends?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)