|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marilla find when she went upstairs to Anne's room for a candle?
(a) Anne lying face-down among the pillows
(b) Anne's window wide-open when it should be shut
(c) Anne's room in great disorder
(d) a letter from Anne for her lying on Anne's bed
2. How did Anne wind up the evening after hearing the exam results?
(a) Marilla fixed her favorite meal and she went to bed early.
(b) talking with Mrs. Allan and then a prayer of gratitude and hope
(c) with a party at Diana's house
(d) confiding her gratitude and joy to Marilla and Matthew
3. What color is Anne's new dress with puffed sleeves?
(a) soft brown
(b) soft green
(c) soft blue
(d) pale yellow
4. How old is Anne on her birthday in Chapter 26?
5. What were the Entrance exam results?
(a) Anne and Gilbert were at the head and the rest failed
(b) Gilbert was first, Anne second and Josie failed
(c) Anne was first, Gilbert second and Ruby didn't pass
(d) Anne and Gilbert tied for first place and all passed
6. What is one of the three guesses Anne made when Diana told her she had exciting news for her?
(a) Prissy and Mr. Phillips are getting married.
(b) Rev. and Mrs. Allan are having an anniversary party.
(c) Jane's mother is letting her have a birthday party.
(d) Diana's parents were giving Diana a puppy.
7. What kind of flowers did Anne put around him in his coffin?
(a) flowers Marilla had picked in the Green Gables garden
(b) his beloved flowers his mother had planted in her bridal days
(c) white lilies, tulips and daffodils
(d) Anne's favorite spring flowers
8. What did Diana do right after Anne had departed for Queen's?
(a) went to her room and vowed she'd never be happy again
(b) sat down and wrote a long letter to Anne
(c) dried her tears and went to a beach picnic at White Sands
(d) said a prayer for Anne and thanked God she had met her
9. What did Gilbert Blythe do to make it easier for Anne to stay at Green Gables?
(a) He left Prince Edward Island.
(b) He told Anne he would help with the farm chores.
(c) He promised to help her study Latin and Greek.
(d) He withdrew his application to teach at Avonlea.
10. Who made Anne's dress to take with her to Queen's?
(b) Mrs. Allan
(c) Emily Gillis
(d) Mrs. Rachel Lynde
11. What kind of flowers was Anne carrying when she and Marilla saw Matthew fall across the threshold?
(a) white narcissus
(b) yellow daffodils
(c) a bouquet of white tulips
(d) lilies of the valley
12. What made Anne suddenly lose her fear of reciting?
(a) She saw Diana's encouraging smile.
(b) She saw Gilbert Blythe with a smile on his face.
(c) She remembered she had to make Marilla and Matthew proud.
(d) She wanted to show that scornful girl she could do it.
13. Where did Anne stay while she was attending Queen's?
(a) at Beechwood, aunt's Josephine's house
(b) with a family who boarded Queen's students
(c) at a boarding house recommended by aunt Josephine
(d) in a student dormitory
14. How many students took the Entrance exam?
15. What part does Anne play in a tableau at the Christmas concert?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Spencer tell Marilla to do with Anne that summer?
2. What is Anne supposed to write a composition on in Miss Stacy's class?
3. How much taller did Anne grow that summer?
4. What was another change in Anne that summer, four years after she had arrived at Green Gables?
5. What health problem does Matthew have in Chapter 31?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)