|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What housekeeping mistakes does Anne make because she's lost in her imagination?
(a) She puts the jam on the wrong shelf and leaves the butter out.
(b) She doesn't make her bed and breaks a dish.
(c) She drops the pie on the kitchen floor and leaves the door open.
(d) She starches Matthew's handkerchiefs and burns the pie.
2. What does Anne do and say when Marilla tells her she can stay at Green Gables?
(a) She tearfully promises to be good.
(b) She dances around joyfully , thanking Marilla.
(c) She falls on her knees and dramatically thanks God.
(d) She asks if she can run and tell Matthew.
3. What does the new teacher, Miss Stacy, have every other Friday afternoon?
(b) a picnic in the woods near the school
(c) a party for the class
(d) a test on English grammar
4. Why does Diana suddenly show up at Green Gables, white-faced and breathless?
(a) Her little sister has croup and her parents are away
(b) Her house is on fire and her parents are away
(c) She has a flood in her basement and her parents are away
(d) She feels very ill and her parents are away
5. What did Rachel Lynde hear from Marilla when she visited her?
(a) She heard that Marilla and Matthew were adopting a boy.
(b) She heard that Marilla was inviting the minister to tea.
(c) She heard that Marilla wasn't feeling well.
(d) She heard that Marilla's cow was missing.
6. What does Anne do that deeply touches Marilla?
(a) Anne tells Marilla she loves her.
(b) Anne kisses her cheek.
(c) Anne bakes her a surprise tart.
(d) Anne keeps her room tidy.
7. How does Anne finally get permission to go to Diana's for her birthday?
(a) Anne promised to be back at Green Gables before dark.
(b) She promised to do extra chores for Marilla
(c) Matthew is adamant about Anne being able to go.
(d) Anne promises to be very well-behaved.
8. What does Marilla decide to do with Anne so that she won't remain a heathen?
(a) teach her the fear of the Lord
(b) get suitable clothes and send her to Sunday school
(c) read the bible to her every night
(d) make her memorize bible verses
9. Where did Marilla and Rachel Lynde go in Chapter 18, leaving Anne and Matthew behind?
(a) to Charlottetown to visit a sick relative of Rachel's
(b) to Charlottetown for a women's book club meeting
(c) to Charottetown for a day of shopping and to stay overnight
(d) to Charlottetown to see the Canadian Premier
10. What is the outcome of Minnie Mae's illness?
(a) Mary Joe the French girl cures her
(b) The doctor comes at last and cures her
(c) Anne cures her and Mrs.Barry kisses her and thanks her.
(d) Minne Mae passes on and all are devasted
11. What did Mrs. Allan, the minister's wife, tell Anne that encouraged her?
(a) that she, too, was a dunce at geometry
(b) that Anne was very pretty
(c) that she too had been an orphan
(d) that she would invite Anne to tea often
12. What makes Anne agree to smooth things over with Mrs. Lynde?
(a) She feels she was in the wrong
(b) Matthew implores her to
(c) She is afraid of further punishment from Marilla.
(d) She's afraid of Mrs. Lynde
13. How old is Anne in Chapter 5?
14. What did Ella May give Anne when she returned to school?
(a) an apple from her father's orchard
(b) an enormous yellow pansy cut from a catalogue
(c) a bunch of wild flowers
(d) a little notebook
15. How does Anne win Mrs. Rachel Lynde over?
(a) Anne agrees that she is skinny with carrot red hair
(b) Anne drops to her knees with a dramatic apology
(c) Anne flatters Mrs. Rachel Lynde.
(d) Anne makes an apple pie and takes it to Mrs. Lynde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Anne been studying since she came to Green Gables?
2. What does Marilla attempt to teach Anne one night in Chapter 7?
3. What did Josie Pye do which all the little girls admired?
4. What makes Marilla decide to keep Anne?
5. What do all the girls in the class do when Mr. Phillips gives his farewell speech?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)