|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What housekeeping mistakes does Anne make because she's lost in her imagination?
(a) She doesn't make her bed and breaks a dish.
(b) She drops the pie on the kitchen floor and leaves the door open.
(c) She puts the jam on the wrong shelf and leaves the butter out.
(d) She starches Matthew's handkerchiefs and burns the pie.
2. What does Anne think of the minister's sermon and Mr. Bell's prayers?
(a) She thinks they're long and boring.
(b) She feels they give "scope to the imagination".
(c) She is spell-bound by the sermon and prayers.
(d) She imagines herself as a minister and what she'd preach.
3. What did Josie Pye dare Jane Andrews to do at the party?
(a) hop backwards down the garden walk
(b) catch a butterfly in Diana's garden
(c) hop on her left leg around the garden without stopping
(d) jump "double dutch" jump rope 5 minutes without stopping
4. How old is Anne in Chapter 5?
5. How does Anne view nature?
(a) She is oblivious to nature.
(b) She knows all the Latin names for things.
(c) She wishes she lived in the city away from nature.
(d) She gives woods, brooks, trees, flowers etc. personalities.
6. What does Anne look like?
(a) She is a stocky, blonde girl with green eyes.
(b) She is a tall, thin girl with light brown hair and gray eyes.
(c) She has long red braids and large, eager, luminous eyes.
(d) She has raven black hair and blue-violet eyes.
7. What did Prissy Andrews look like at the Debating Club concert?
(a) She wore a long, white chiffon dress with a gardenia in her hair.
(b) She wore pink silk, a string of pearls and carnations in her hair.
(c) She wore green tafeta with a string of green beads.
(d) She wore blue satin with blue flowers in her hair.
8. What happened to Anne when she was dared to walk the ridgepole of Mr. Barry's kitchen roof?
(a) She fell from the roof, breaking both legs.
(b) She refused the dare, saying that was fool-hardy.
(c) She accepted the dare and fell and broke her ankle.
(d) She successfully walked the ridgepole.
9. What did Carrie Sloane dare Ruby Gillis to do at Diana's party?
(a) climb to a point in the old caterpillar-infested willow tree
(b) catch 20 grasshoppers
(c) dig a can of worms
(d) swim across Barry's pond
10. What do all the girls in the class do when Mr. Phillips gives his farewell speech?
(a) They all join in singing him a song.
(b) They all cry, even Anne.
(c) They all give him little farewell gifts.
(d) They promise to write him letters.
11. Where do Anne and Diana meet to say their good-byes after Diana's mother forbids Diana to see Anne again?
(a) by the Dryad's Bubble
(b) in the Violet Vale
(c) in the Lover's Lane
(d) in the Birch Wood
12. What did Josie Pye do which all the little girls admired?
(a) She swung high above the garden on a strong vine.
(b) She jumped off Diana's swing when it was very high.
(c) She walked along the top of the Barrys' board fence
(d) She ate an ant.
13. What does Marilla think of Anne's opinion about the minister's sermon and Mr. Bell's prayers?
(a) She is horrified at Anne.
(b) She agrees with Anne.
(c) She determines to teach Anne more about the bible.
(d) She is further convinced Annie is a heathen.
14. What way did Matthew vote politically?
15. What does the romantic Anne rename the 'Avenue', a scenic stretch of road lined with blossoming apple trees?
(a) "The Faierie's Way"
(b) "The Bridal Path"
(c) "A Mid-Summer Night's Dream"
(d) "White Way of Delight"
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the school children sing on their way home from picking spring flowers?
2. What does the new teacher, Miss Stacy, have every other Friday afternoon?
3. What kind of dress does Anne wish she could have?
4. What does Diana pass to Anne in school as a token of her love?
5. How does Anne win Mrs. Rachel Lynde over?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)