|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ella May give Anne when she returned to school?
(a) an apple from her father's orchard
(b) an enormous yellow pansy cut from a catalogue
(c) a little notebook
(d) a bunch of wild flowers
2. What does Anne think of the minister's sermon and Mr. Bell's prayers?
(a) She feels they give "scope to the imagination".
(b) She thinks they're long and boring.
(c) She imagines herself as a minister and what she'd preach.
(d) She is spell-bound by the sermon and prayers.
3. What was Anne's responsibility when she lived with Mrs. Hammond?
(a) She did the gardening.
(b) She cleaned house and did chores.
(c) She did the cooking.
(d) She cared for Mrs. Hammond's eight children.
4. What has Anne been studying since she came to Green Gables?
(a) how to write proper thank you letters
(b) rules of etiquette in the Family Herald
(c) how to increase her vocabulary and spell correctly
(d) Latin and English grammar
5. What did Gilbert Blythe recite at the concert?
(a) "To be Or Not to Be that is the Question"
(b) "To Thine Own Self Be True"
(c) "Bingen on the Rhine"
(d) "The Jabberwocky"
6. What is the surprise outcome of Anne and Diana jumping on Diana's Aunt Josephine?
(a) Anne and Diana decide they should become nuns.
(b) Aunt Josephine invites them on a trip to Europe.
(c) Aunt Josephine disinherits Diana's parents and DIana.
(d) Aunt Josephine becomes Anne's and Diana's mentor.
7. What do we learn about Matthew Cuthbert in Chapter 2?
(a) We learn that he is a confident, boastful man.
(b) We learn that he had an unhappy love affair as a young man.
(c) We learn that he is painfully shy around girls and women.
(d) We learn that he loves children, both boys and girls.
8. What does the romantic Anne rename the 'Avenue', a scenic stretch of road lined with blossoming apple trees?
(a) "The Faierie's Way"
(b) "The Bridal Path"
(c) "A Mid-Summer Night's Dream"
(d) "White Way of Delight"
9. What does Anne do when she realizes that Marilla and Matthew had wanted to adopt a boy?
(a) She tells them she'd rather be in the asylum than there.
(b) She tries to persuade them she's better than a boy.
(c) She becomes angry and runs out of the house.
(d) She bursts into tears and says it had all been too good to be true.
10. What kind of dress does Anne wish she could have?
(a) a dress with puffed sleeves
(b) a blue, organdy dress
(c) a long, white dress to pretend in
(d) a silk dress with a flower print
11. How does Anne view nature?
(a) She wishes she lived in the city away from nature.
(b) She gives woods, brooks, trees, flowers etc. personalities.
(c) She knows all the Latin names for things.
(d) She is oblivious to nature.
12. What does Mrs. Rachel Lynde say to Anne when she first sees her?
(a) She's tells Anne she's glad she moved in with Marilla.
(b) She tells Anne she's welcome to visit her anytime.
(c) She tells Anne she's homely, skinny with freckles and red hair.
(d) She tells Anne to mind Marilla.
13. What has Anne never tasted which she hopes to eat at the Sunday school picnic?
(a) strawberry shortcake
(b) ice cream
(c) chocolate brownies
(d) lady's fingers
14. How old is Matthew?
15. What does Anne call a person who feels as she does about things?
(a) a kindred spirit
(b) a friend
(c) a partner
(d) a pal
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Diana Barry when she goes to Anne's for tea?
2. Who is Diana Barry?
3. What way did Matthew vote politically?
4. What was Matthew Cuthbert doing one June afternoon in Chapter 1 which he usually didn't do?
5. What shocked Mrs. Lynde about Anne in church?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)