Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe Mrs. Rachel Lynde who appears in Chapter 1.
2. Describe Matthew Cuthbert and explain why you think he may become a good friend of Anne's.
3. How is the reader introduced to Anne's flair for the dramatic in Chapter 3?
4. Describe Anne's first morning at Green Gables.
5. What does Anne tell Marilla when Marilla asks her about herself?
6. Why is Marilla hesitant to ship Anne off to live with Mrs. Peter Blewett?
7. What kind of unusual prayer does Anne say when Marilla asks her to pray in Chapter 7?
8. Describe what Anne would like in a bosom friend?
9. What does Mrs. Rachel Lynde say to Anne that gets her so upset?
10. How does Anne ask Mrs. Lynde to forgive her for calling Mrs. Lynde rude, impolite and unfeeling?
11. What are Anne's impressions of Sunday School?
12. What happens when Marilla takes Anne to meet Diana Barry?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)