Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. Describe Mrs. Rachel Lynde who appears in Chapter 1.
2. Describe Matthew Cuthbert and explain why you think he may become a good friend of Anne's.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
3. How is the reader introduced to Anne's flair for the dramatic in Chapter 3?
4. Describe Anne's first morning at Green Gables.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
5. What does Anne tell Marilla when Marilla asks her about herself?
6. Why is...
This section contains 1,004 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)