|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the surprise outcome of Anne and Diana jumping on Diana's Aunt Josephine?
(a) Anne and Diana decide they should become nuns.
(b) Aunt Josephine disinherits Diana's parents and DIana.
(c) Aunt Josephine becomes Anne's and Diana's mentor.
(d) Aunt Josephine invites them on a trip to Europe.
2. What did Marilla find when she went upstairs to Anne's room for a candle?
(a) a letter from Anne for her lying on Anne's bed
(b) Anne's room in great disorder
(c) Anne's window wide-open when it should be shut
(d) Anne lying face-down among the pillows
3. What did Prissy Andrews look like at the Debating Club concert?
(a) She wore green tafeta with a string of green beads.
(b) She wore pink silk, a string of pearls and carnations in her hair.
(c) She wore a long, white chiffon dress with a gardenia in her hair.
(d) She wore blue satin with blue flowers in her hair.
4. What did Gilbert Blythe recite at the concert?
(a) "Bingen on the Rhine"
(b) "To Thine Own Self Be True"
(c) "The Jabberwocky"
(d) "To be Or Not to Be that is the Question"
5. What does Anne call a person who feels as she does about things?
(a) a kindred spirit
(b) a pal
(c) a friend
(d) a partner
Short Answer Questions
1. What flower did Anne hold in her folded hands?
2. What does the romantic Anne rename the 'Avenue', a scenic stretch of road lined with blossoming apple trees?
3. Who sold Anne the hair dye?
4. What was it that started the story club among the Avonlea girls?
5. What does Diana give Anne as a keepsake?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)