|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all the girls in the class do when Mr. Phillips gives his farewell speech?
(a) They all cry, even Anne.
(b) They all give him little farewell gifts.
(c) They all join in singing him a song.
(d) They promise to write him letters.
2. What compliment on her looks does Anne receive the first day at school?
(a) that she has a pretty nose
(b) that her eyes are lovely
(c) that her ears are perfectly formed
(d) that she has thick hair
3. What does Anne do when Marilla accuses her of losing Marilla's amethyst brooch?
(a) She falsely confesses to having dropped it in the lake.
(b) She dissolves into tears and asks for severe punishment.
(c) She promises to save money and buy her another one.
(d) She gets angry and protests the accusation.
4. What does Marilla think of Anne's opinion about the minister's sermon and Mr. Bell's prayers?
(a) She agrees with Anne.
(b) She determines to teach Anne more about the bible.
(c) She is horrified at Anne.
(d) She is further convinced Annie is a heathen.
5. What happened between Gilbert and Anne on the first day of school?
(a) Gilbert called her Carrots and she broke a slate over his head.
(b) They fell in love.
(c) They became buddies.
(d) Nothing. They were oblivious to one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Barry tell Diana Anne can do for Diana's birthday?
2. What does the romantic Anne rename the 'Avenue', a scenic stretch of road lined with blossoming apple trees?
3. What did Gilbert Blythe recite at the concert?
4. Where did Marilla and Rachel Lynde go in Chapter 18, leaving Anne and Matthew behind?
5. What does Mrs. Lynde suggest that Marilla do to Anne?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)