|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession did Anne's parents have?
(a) college teachers
(b) the owned a general store
(d) high school teachers
2. How old is Anne in Chapter 5?
3. What do we learn about Matthew Cuthbert in Chapter 2?
(a) We learn that he is a confident, boastful man.
(b) We learn that he is painfully shy around girls and women.
(c) We learn that he had an unhappy love affair as a young man.
(d) We learn that he loves children, both boys and girls.
4. What does Anne look like?
(a) She has long red braids and large, eager, luminous eyes.
(b) She is a stocky, blonde girl with green eyes.
(c) She is a tall, thin girl with light brown hair and gray eyes.
(d) She has raven black hair and blue-violet eyes.
5. What does Anne do and say when Marilla tells her she can stay at Green Gables?
(a) She tearfully promises to be good.
(b) She dances around joyfully , thanking Marilla.
(c) She asks if she can run and tell Matthew.
(d) She falls on her knees and dramatically thanks God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocked Mrs. Lynde about Anne in church?
2. What was Anne's responsibility when she lived with Mrs. Hammond?
3. What do all the girls in the class do when Mr. Phillips gives his farewell speech?
4. What does Marilla think of Anne's opinion about the minister's sermon and Mr. Bell's prayers?
5. What seems to save Anne when she is tempted by disappointment and despair?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)