|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Anne and Diana pledge to one another?
(a) to love each other always
(b) to meet secretly in the Birch Wood
(c) to write to each other
(d) to have a double wedding one day
2. What did Rachel Lynde hear from Marilla when she visited her?
(a) She heard that Marilla's cow was missing.
(b) She heard that Marilla wasn't feeling well.
(c) She heard that Marilla was inviting the minister to tea.
(d) She heard that Marilla and Matthew were adopting a boy.
3. What is a good short description of Mrs. Rachel Lynde?
(a) a small town busybody
(b) a kindly grandmother
(c) a young matron
(d) an introverted intellectual
4. What does Mrs. Lynde suggest that Marilla do to Anne?
(a) make her memorize 10 bible verses
(b) swat her with a birch switch
(c) send her back to the asylum in Nova Scotia
(d) turn her over to Mrs. Blewett to care for her children
5. Why was it a fortnight until Mrs. Rachel Lynde came to visit Marilla and see Anne?
(a) Mrs. Lynde was busy with her garden.
(b) Mrs., Lynde had company.
(c) Mrs. Lynde was away visiting relatives.
(d) Mrs. Lynde had the grippe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diana give Anne as a keepsake?
2. What do Anne and Diana plan to do?
3. Which of the spring flowers does Anne think would be tragic not to know--that are the soul of flowers that died last summer and this is their heaven?
4. What kind of dress does Anne wish she could have?
5. What shocked Mrs. Lynde about Anne in church?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)