|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anne view nature?
(a) She is oblivious to nature.
(b) She gives woods, brooks, trees, flowers etc. personalities.
(c) She knows all the Latin names for things.
(d) She wishes she lived in the city away from nature.
2. What does Mrs. Lynde suggest that Marilla do to Anne?
(a) turn her over to Mrs. Blewett to care for her children
(b) swat her with a birch switch
(c) send her back to the asylum in Nova Scotia
(d) make her memorize 10 bible verses
3. What does Anne look like?
(a) She has long red braids and large, eager, luminous eyes.
(b) She is a tall, thin girl with light brown hair and gray eyes.
(c) She has raven black hair and blue-violet eyes.
(d) She is a stocky, blonde girl with green eyes.
4. What makes Marilla decide to keep Anne?
(a) she's lonely
(b) the desire to finally have a daughter
(c) the need to have a girl to cook and clean for her
(d) reluctance to turn her over to Mrs. Blewett, a harsh shrew
5. What was Anne's responsibility when she lived with Mrs. Hammond?
(a) She did the cooking.
(b) She cleaned house and did chores.
(c) She did the gardening.
(d) She cared for Mrs. Hammond's eight children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby Gillis give her on the first day of school?
2. What was Matthew Cuthbert doing one June afternoon in Chapter 1 which he usually didn't do?
3. What do Anne and Diana plan to do?
4. What is a good short description of Mrs. Rachel Lynde?
5. What does Marilla think of Anne's opinion about the minister's sermon and Mr. Bell's prayers?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)