|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a good short description of Mrs. Rachel Lynde?
(a) a young matron
(b) a small town busybody
(c) a kindly grandmother
(d) an introverted intellectual
2. With whom did Anne live until she was eight-years-old?
(a) Mrs. Thomas and her drunken husband
(b) Her grandmother, who then died
(c) Her parents' neighbor, Mrs. Babcock
(d) Mrs. Thompson , a widow
3. What do we learn about Matthew Cuthbert in Chapter 2?
(a) We learn that he loves children, both boys and girls.
(b) We learn that he is painfully shy around girls and women.
(c) We learn that he had an unhappy love affair as a young man.
(d) We learn that he is a confident, boastful man.
4. What does Anne call Mrs. Rachel Lynde?
(a) " a rude, impolite, unfeeling woman"
(b) " a new-found friend and kindred spirit"
(c) "an old busybody and nuisance"
(d) "an ugly, old witch"
5. What made Anne not care about God?
(a) Mrs. Thomas told her God had made her hair red on purpose.
(b) She felt she had had a hard life from early childhood.
(c) She couldn't imagine what God was like.
(d) She felt that God had made her an orphan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne do when she realizes that Marilla and Matthew had wanted to adopt a boy?
2. How does Anne win Mrs. Rachel Lynde over?
3. What makes Anne agree to smooth things over with Mrs. Lynde?
4. What does Mrs. Rachel Lynde say to Anne when she first sees her?
5. What does Anne do and say when Marilla tells her she can stay at Green Gables?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)