|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What housekeeping mistakes does Anne make because she's lost in her imagination?
(a) She puts the jam on the wrong shelf and leaves the butter out.
(b) She drops the pie on the kitchen floor and leaves the door open.
(c) She doesn't make her bed and breaks a dish.
(d) She starches Matthew's handkerchiefs and burns the pie.
2. What does Anne do when Marilla accuses her of losing Marilla's amethyst brooch?
(a) She falsely confesses to having dropped it in the lake.
(b) She gets angry and protests the accusation.
(c) She dissolves into tears and asks for severe punishment.
(d) She promises to save money and buy her another one.
3. What does Matthew do when he goes to town to buy a dress for Anne?
(a) He turns back home before reaching town out of fear.
(b) He buys material for a seamstress to make a dress.
(c) He buys a dress he doesn't like.
(d) In his shyness he buys a rake and brown sugar instead.
4. What did Josie Pye dare Jane Andrews to do at the party?
(a) jump "double dutch" jump rope 5 minutes without stopping
(b) hop on her left leg around the garden without stopping
(c) catch a butterfly in Diana's garden
(d) hop backwards down the garden walk
5. What made Anne suddenly lose her fear of reciting?
(a) She wanted to show that scornful girl she could do it.
(b) She saw Gilbert Blythe with a smile on his face.
(c) She remembered she had to make Marilla and Matthew proud.
(d) She saw Diana's encouraging smile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical problem does Marilla sometimes have?
2. How does Anne compare Mrs. Allan to Matthew?
3. What did Josie Pye do which all the little girls admired?
4. What Christmas gift did Diana's Aunt Josephine give Anne?
5. What way did Matthew vote politically?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)