|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marilla attempt to teach Anne one night in Chapter 7?
(a) how to say her prayers
(b) how to tidy her room and lay our her clothes for the next day
(c) how to wash, dry and put away the dishes
(d) how to speak better English
2. What housekeeping mistakes does Anne make because she's lost in her imagination?
(a) She starches Matthew's handkerchiefs and burns the pie.
(b) She drops the pie on the kitchen floor and leaves the door open.
(c) She doesn't make her bed and breaks a dish.
(d) She puts the jam on the wrong shelf and leaves the butter out.
3. What does Anne call Mrs. Rachel Lynde?
(a) "an ugly, old witch"
(b) " a new-found friend and kindred spirit"
(c) "an old busybody and nuisance"
(d) " a rude, impolite, unfeeling woman"
4. How long are Diana and Anne given to bid farewell?
(a) the whole afternoon
(b) 10 minutes
(c) 15 minutes
(d) 20 minutes
5. What does Marilla do when she thinks Anne lost her amethyst brooch?
(a) She forbids her to go to the Sunday School picnic.
(b) She gives her extra chores.
(c) She refuses to let her have a dog or cat.
(d) She tells her she can't see Diana for 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anne compare Mrs. Allan to Matthew?
2. What lesson did Anne say she had learned from this latest escapade?
3. What does Anne do when she realizes that Marilla and Matthew had wanted to adopt a boy?
4. What Christmas gift did Diana's Aunt Josephine give Anne?
5. What did Miss Stacy catch Anne doing during class?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)