|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lynde suggest that Marilla do to Anne?
(a) swat her with a birch switch
(b) make her memorize 10 bible verses
(c) send her back to the asylum in Nova Scotia
(d) turn her over to Mrs. Blewett to care for her children
2. What does Anne do and say when Marilla tells her she can stay at Green Gables?
(a) She dances around joyfully , thanking Marilla.
(b) She tearfully promises to be good.
(c) She falls on her knees and dramatically thanks God.
(d) She asks if she can run and tell Matthew.
3. What does Anne do when she realizes that Marilla and Matthew had wanted to adopt a boy?
(a) She bursts into tears and says it had all been too good to be true.
(b) She tries to persuade them she's better than a boy.
(c) She becomes angry and runs out of the house.
(d) She tells them she'd rather be in the asylum than there.
4. What does Anne look like?
(a) She is a tall, thin girl with light brown hair and gray eyes.
(b) She has long red braids and large, eager, luminous eyes.
(c) She is a stocky, blonde girl with green eyes.
(d) She has raven black hair and blue-violet eyes.
5. What does Anne do when Marilla accuses her of losing Marilla's amethyst brooch?
(a) She gets angry and protests the accusation.
(b) She falsely confesses to having dropped it in the lake.
(c) She promises to save money and buy her another one.
(d) She dissolves into tears and asks for severe punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Anne agree to smooth things over with Mrs. Lynde?
2. What does Marilla decide to do with Anne so that she won't remain a heathen?
3. How does Anne view nature?
4. How does Anne win Mrs. Rachel Lynde over?
5. What does Diana pass to Anne in school as a token of her love?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)