|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marilla attempt to teach Anne one night in Chapter 7?
(a) how to wash, dry and put away the dishes
(b) how to say her prayers
(c) how to tidy her room and lay our her clothes for the next day
(d) how to speak better English
2. What new word did Anne learn at the Sunday school picnic?
3. What did Ella May give Anne when she returned to school?
(a) an enormous yellow pansy cut from a catalogue
(b) a bunch of wild flowers
(c) an apple from her father's orchard
(d) a little notebook
4. Who is Diana Barry?
(a) a former friend at the asylum
(b) Anne's imaginary playmate
(c) a dark-haired, dark-eyed little girl about Anne's age
(d) the minister's wife
5. What does Anne look like?
(a) She is a tall, thin girl with light brown hair and gray eyes.
(b) She is a stocky, blonde girl with green eyes.
(c) She has raven black hair and blue-violet eyes.
(d) She has long red braids and large, eager, luminous eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Rachel Lynde say to Anne when she first sees her?
2. What does Anne do when she realizes that Marilla and Matthew had wanted to adopt a boy?
3. What seems to save Anne when she is tempted by disappointment and despair?
4. What does Anne dearly wish she had?
5. How long are Diana and Anne given to bid farewell?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)