|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anne win Mrs. Rachel Lynde over?
(a) Anne drops to her knees with a dramatic apology
(b) Anne makes an apple pie and takes it to Mrs. Lynde.
(c) Anne agrees that she is skinny with carrot red hair
(d) Anne flatters Mrs. Rachel Lynde.
2. What does Marilla decide to do with Anne so that she won't remain a heathen?
(a) make her memorize bible verses
(b) teach her the fear of the Lord
(c) read the bible to her every night
(d) get suitable clothes and send her to Sunday school
3. What does Mrs. Lynde suggest that Marilla do to Anne?
(a) send her back to the asylum in Nova Scotia
(b) make her memorize 10 bible verses
(c) turn her over to Mrs. Blewett to care for her children
(d) swat her with a birch switch
4. What makes Anne agree to smooth things over with Mrs. Lynde?
(a) She feels she was in the wrong
(b) She's afraid of Mrs. Lynde
(c) Matthew implores her to
(d) She is afraid of further punishment from Marilla.
5. What does Mrs. Rachel Lynde say to Anne when she first sees her?
(a) She tells Anne she's welcome to visit her anytime.
(b) She tells Anne to mind Marilla.
(c) She's tells Anne she's glad she moved in with Marilla.
(d) She tells Anne she's homely, skinny with freckles and red hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marilla do when she thinks Anne lost her amethyst brooch?
2. Why was it a fortnight until Mrs. Rachel Lynde came to visit Marilla and see Anne?
3. What does Anne call a person who feels as she does about things?
4. What does Anne look like?
5. Who is Diana Barry?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)