|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne do that deeply touches Marilla?
(a) Anne keeps her room tidy.
(b) Anne kisses her cheek.
(c) Anne bakes her a surprise tart.
(d) Anne tells Marilla she loves her.
2. What does Anne do and say when Marilla tells her she can stay at Green Gables?
(a) She asks if she can run and tell Matthew.
(b) She tearfully promises to be good.
(c) She dances around joyfully , thanking Marilla.
(d) She falls on her knees and dramatically thanks God.
3. What difference did Matthew observe about Anne when he compared her to her girlfriends?
(a) She was taller than the other girls.
(b) She was not dressed like the other girls.
(c) She was more talkative than the other girls.
(d) She was thinner than the other girls.
4. What did Mrs. Allan, the minister's wife, tell Anne that encouraged her?
(a) that she would invite Anne to tea often
(b) that she, too, was a dunce at geometry
(c) that Anne was very pretty
(d) that she too had been an orphan
5. What does Matthew do when he goes to town to buy a dress for Anne?
(a) In his shyness he buys a rake and brown sugar instead.
(b) He turns back home before reaching town out of fear.
(c) He buys material for a seamstress to make a dress.
(d) He buys a dress he doesn't like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What joyous surprise does Anne find at the post office?
2. To whom does Matthew finally turn with this problem of getting a new dress for Anne?
3. What does Marilla do when she thinks Anne lost her amethyst brooch?
4. What school subject did Anne say was casting a shadow over her life?
5. Where did Marilla and Rachel Lynde go in Chapter 18, leaving Anne and Matthew behind?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)