|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marilla attempt to teach Anne one night in Chapter 7?
(a) how to speak better English
(b) how to wash, dry and put away the dishes
(c) how to tidy her room and lay our her clothes for the next day
(d) how to say her prayers
2. What has Anne been studying since she came to Green Gables?
(a) rules of etiquette in the Family Herald
(b) how to write proper thank you letters
(c) Latin and English grammar
(d) how to increase her vocabulary and spell correctly
3. Where did Marilla and Rachel Lynde go in Chapter 18, leaving Anne and Matthew behind?
(a) to Charottetown for a day of shopping and to stay overnight
(b) to Charlottetown to visit a sick relative of Rachel's
(c) to Charlottetown for a women's book club meeting
(d) to Charlottetown to see the Canadian Premier
4. What school subject did Anne say was casting a shadow over her life?
(d) English grammar
5. Why did Anne go to bed speechless with misery at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) She bewailed her many mistakes in housekeeping.
(b) She hadn't seen Diana for a whole week.
(c) She felt Marilla didn't love her because of her imagination.
(d) Matthew told her he feared the next day would be rainy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Anne's new dress with puffed sleeves?
2. What does Anne do and say when Marilla tells her she can stay at Green Gables?
3. What has Anne never tasted which she hopes to eat at the Sunday school picnic?
4. What does Matthew do when he goes to town to buy a dress for Anne?
5. What Christmas gift did Diana's Aunt Josephine give Anne?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)