|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened between Gilbert and Anne on the first day of school?
(a) Gilbert called her Carrots and she broke a slate over his head.
(b) They fell in love.
(c) They became buddies.
(d) Nothing. They were oblivious to one another.
2. What did Dr. Spencer tell Marilla to do with Anne that summer?
(a) give her cod liver oil every morning
(b) keep her in the open air and not let her read books
(c) watch that she got plenty of sleep each night
(d) feed her plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit
3. What health problem does Matthew have in Chapter 31?
(c) a heart problem
4. What did Anne say she would leave to Diana if she were killed?
(a) her diary
(b) her gold locket
(c) her books
(d) her pearl bead ring
5. What did Josie Pye dare Jane Andrews to do at the party?
(a) catch a butterfly in Diana's garden
(b) hop backwards down the garden walk
(c) hop on her left leg around the garden without stopping
(d) jump "double dutch" jump rope 5 minutes without stopping
Short Answer Questions
1. What compliment on her looks does Anne receive the first day at school?
2. What does Ruby Gillis give her on the first day of school?
3. What happened to Anne when she was dared to walk the ridgepole of Mr. Barry's kitchen roof?
4. What does the new teacher, Miss Stacy, have every other Friday afternoon?
5. What did Miss Stacy teach Anne about how to write?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)