Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert decide to adopt an orphan boy to help with the chores. Mrs. Lynde, a busybody neighbor, warns Marilla of the dangers in adopting a strange boy.
• When Matthew goes to the station to pick up the orphan boy he finds Anne, a talkative little girl waiting for him instead. He is charmed by her chatter and her delight with the ride to Green Gables.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Marilla can't hide her dismay at Matthew bringing a girl instead of a boy. Anne falls into despair and shows her flair for the dramatic.
• Matthew hints that he would like to keep Anne.
• The next morning Anne wakes up to a beautiful sunny day and looks out the window at the cherry blossoms, apple orchard and lilac bushes.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
• Marilla asks Anne about herself and Anne tells her about her school teacher parents dying...
This section contains 1,620 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)