|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the discussion between Juan Julian, Chechy and Palomo?
2. What does Santiago say happens to Americans when they drink?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Conchita spoke with Palomo about her affair?
4. Which character does not agree with Karenin?
5. What does Marela insist Palomo do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the process of hand rolling cigars including how it developed through the history described by Juan Julian. Do you think the Spaniards were right? What changes do you think might have been different had they not overtaken the natives?
Essay Topic 2
What errors did Santiago make with his half-brother Chechy? Why do you think he made these errors? Do you think he will continue to make the same mistakes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In the story, the author quotes from the book "What would be the sense of killing a man in order to define one's own relations with a woman..." Why do you think Karenin found this to be a senseless act? Why do you think Chechy did not find this to be a senseless act?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)