|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What right does Ofelia assert?
2. What does Juan Julian say that the tradition of reading to the workers goes back to?
3. What does writing Juan Julian's name on the piece of paper and then placing it where it is suggested supposedly do that for him?
4. How many days after the tragedy does act 2 scene 5 occur?
5. Why does Marela say that crying is wrong?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author intertwine the plot from the novel the lector is reading into the plot of the play? Do you feel this is done successfully? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe that someone reading or watching this play needs to understand the novel Anna Karenina to better understand the play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Prohibition was briefly talked about toward the end of the play. What do you think were the reasons for the passage and repealing of the amendment about prohibition? Do you agree with the reasons the characters in the novel stated? Why or why not?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)