|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chechy arguing about?
2. Where are Palomo and Conchita as act 2 scene 4 opens?
3. Which of the following terms best describes how Conchita spoke with Palomo about her affair?
4. What is the single topic of act 2 scene 2?
5. Why does Juan Julian believe Anna fell in with Vronsky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you believe about superstitions? Do you think Marela was right to follow her own superstition about Juan Julian's spirit? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Marela would always leave as Chechy approached her? What do you think Chechy wanted? How do you think he felt as Juan Julian told Marela she was beautiful?
Essay Topic 3
Prohibition was briefly talked about toward the end of the play. What do you think were the reasons for the passage and repealing of the amendment about prohibition? Do you agree with the reasons the characters in the novel stated? Why or why not?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)