|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ofelia believe prohibition stems from?
2. What does Santiago do which might indicate he has a hangover?
3. Why does Juan Julian believe Anna fell in with Vronsky?
4. Why does Marela say that crying is wrong?
5. What does Conchita want someone to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe that someone reading or watching this play needs to understand the novel Anna Karenina to better understand the play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think the role of lector is important in Cuban cigar factories? Do you think there are other jobs that someone like a lector could be important? If so, what jobs? If not, why not? Do you think lectors are still used today?
Essay Topic 3
What do you believe about superstitions? Do you think Marela was right to follow her own superstition about Juan Julian's spirit? Why or why not?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)