|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Conchita and Juan Julian separate quickly?
2. Why does Marela believe the living must do?
3. Who does Conchita avoid contact with at the party?
4. What is odd about Marela?
5. What did Ofelia once sit for?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the process of hand rolling cigars including how it developed through the history described by Juan Julian. Do you think the Spaniards were right? What changes do you think might have been different had they not overtaken the natives?
Essay Topic 2
What part does nature play in this novel? Do you think it is an important theme? Why or why not? What about the role of tradition? Which is more important? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe the author uses a reference to Clara Bow? Do you believe it is important? Why or why not?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)