Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Conchita and Juan Julian separate quickly?
2. Why does Marela believe the living must do?
3. Who does Conchita avoid contact with at the party?
4. What is odd about Marela?
5. What did Ofelia once sit for?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe the author uses a reference to Clara Bow? Do you believe it is important? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What part does nature play in this novel? Do you think it is an important theme? Why or why not? What about the role of tradition? Which is more important? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
When Marela talked about how the living must look after the dead so that they can count on them to help the living when they die cross over, how did you respond to her thoughts? Do you agree or disagree with her? Why or why not?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)