|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Vronsky intrigued with dueling?
2. What does Santiago present from his pocket?
3. What does Juan Julian decline to say?
4. What did Chechy purchase?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Conchita spoke with Palomo about her affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think Conchita would feel knowing that Juan Julian was also hitting on her sister Marela? What do you think she would have done? How would you have reacted? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How does Conchita believe lovers out to behave? Do you think she believes that it is important for women to have more than one lover? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When Marela talked about how the living must look after the dead so that they can count on them to help the living when they die cross over, how did you respond to her thoughts? Do you agree or disagree with her? Why or why not?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)