|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karenin want to do with Vronsky in the book?
2. Where does Palomo ask his wife to show him what is done to her?
3. What does Chechy accuse Marela of?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Conchita spoke with Palomo about her affair?
5. Which of the following is the best description of how Palomo feels as act 2 scene 2 opens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Conchita believe lovers out to behave? Do you think she believes that it is important for women to have more than one lover? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What do you believe about superstitions? Do you think Marela was right to follow her own superstition about Juan Julian's spirit? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When Marela talked about how the living must look after the dead so that they can count on them to help the living when they die cross over, how did you respond to her thoughts? Do you agree or disagree with her? Why or why not?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)