|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ofelia believe prohibition stems from?
2. Who does Marela believe would object to the superstition?
3. Where does Juan Julian tell Conchita he would prefer to meet?
4. What part of Palomo does Juan Julian begin with?
5. How many days after the tragedy does act 2 scene 5 occur?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Considering that Santiago and Chechy are half-brothers why does Chechy seem more careful to look out after his own interests? Do you think this is appropriate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What part does nature play in this novel? Do you think it is an important theme? Why or why not? What about the role of tradition? Which is more important? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
When Marela talked about how the living must look after the dead so that they can count on them to help the living when they die cross over, how did you respond to her thoughts? Do you agree or disagree with her? Why or why not?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)