|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the single topic of act 2 scene 2?
2. Who does Conchita avoid contact with at the party?
3. What is Chechy arguing about?
4. What does Ofelia believe prohibition stems from?
5. Why was Vronsky intrigued with dueling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Marela would always leave as Chechy approached her? What do you think Chechy wanted? How do you think he felt as Juan Julian told Marela she was beautiful?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is this play similar to the novel Anna Karenina? In what ways is it different? Why do you think the author made it this way?
Essay Topic 3
Considering that Santiago and Chechy are half-brothers why does Chechy seem more careful to look out after his own interests? Do you think this is appropriate? Why or why not?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)