|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conchita sees that she and Juan Julian are like what when they make love?
2. Why does Marela say that crying is wrong?
3. Where does Juan Julian tell Conchita he would prefer to meet?
4. What does writing Juan Julian's name on the piece of paper and then placing it where it is suggested supposedly do that for him?
5. Which of the following is the best description of how Palomo feels as act 2 scene 2 opens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you believe about superstitions? Do you think Marela was right to follow her own superstition about Juan Julian's spirit? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Conchita believe lovers out to behave? Do you think she believes that it is important for women to have more than one lover? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do you think Conchita would feel knowing that Juan Julian was also hitting on her sister Marela? What do you think she would have done? How would you have reacted? Why?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)