|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What terrified Conchita about having sex with Juan Julian?
2. What did Ofelia once sit for?
3. What do Conchita and Palomo wonder?
4. What are Chechy and Palomo using to decorate the factory?
5. What does Juan Julian do as he reads the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe Chechy killed Juan Julian? Why don't you think Cruz had Palomo kill him? Do you agree with the decision Cruz made as the writer? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Conchita believe lovers out to behave? Do you think she believes that it is important for women to have more than one lover? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Prohibition was briefly talked about toward the end of the play. What do you think were the reasons for the passage and repealing of the amendment about prohibition? Do you agree with the reasons the characters in the novel stated? Why or why not?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)